• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

About to play through my personal patch

Started by Dormin Jake, July 05, 2008, 10:35:06 pm

Dormin Jake

July 05, 2008, 10:35:06 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dormin Jake
Stupid question: is there any possible way to play my ISO on my PSX/PS2?  I've got an emulator, but the graphical capabilities of my computer aren't the best and my chair isn't very comfortable, so I'm thinking my immersion will be somewhat impeded without DualShock sticks under my thumbs.

Appreciated!

Otherwise, public scourging is allowed, as I R ignorant.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
We are Dormin. Thou art to bring us a tasty beverage.
  • Discord username: dorminjake

Austin

July 05, 2008, 11:11:06 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Austin
For ps1 I guess you'd use a gameshark, but I don't know too much about it since I haven't tried it before.

For ps2 you can get swapmagic 3.6 from here http://modchipstore.com/PS2-Slide-Card- ... 16158.html if you have a fat ps2 or here http://modchipstore.com/Slim-Tool-Swap- ... 16261.html if you have a slim one.

Then get some blank cds, i've read that verbatim and TDK are good brands, and burn the iso onto it.

I haven't ever actually burnt a ps1 game to play due to the fact that my ps2 can't play most ps1 games, but I have burned and played multiple ps2 games so I know this stuff works.
  • Modding version: PSX

Nevarie

July 07, 2008, 06:25:58 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Nevarie
Failing that you can get a addapter for your ps2 controller or one of the offbrand usb controllers so you don't have to play using the keyboard at least.

Dormin Jake

July 07, 2008, 12:29:19 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dormin Jake
On fourth thought, it's fine playing it via emulator.  At least this way I can edit on the fly if need be.  Really I just need a new computer chair, which I, uh, now realize might be somewhat difficult for you guys to help with.

But this does give me ideas if I ever get to the point where I am beyond satisfied with my patch and want to play it like a legitimate PS1 thing, so thanks to both of you.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
We are Dormin. Thou art to bring us a tasty beverage.
  • Discord username: dorminjake