• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:52:55 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Chat about a game you like/hate.

Started by SolidSnakeDog, October 27, 2009, 02:01:28 pm

Zuka

November 02, 2009, 02:42:37 pm #40 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zuka
Quote from: "SolidSnakeDog"Right after Square Enix made an Onligne FF (AKA FF11) I started to hate em.
But now there will make an OTHER onligne and using FF 14 form it? Now i am just pissed. <
Anyway. I don't care about Equare Enix anymore.

(Has the colonel in MGS says)
Square Enix! What have you done??
You ruined the Final fantasy's classic gameplay!
You have created a Final fantasy paradox!

Having played FFXI and being that i very much look forward to 14, I have to say that neither game ruined the final fantasy style, rather, FFXI brought a lot of traditional final fantasy feeling into a world otherwise almost totally devoid of story and character development as well as job change and customization. It was truly an excellent game, and yes, not a ton like a traditional FF game, but different in a good way, keep in mind every FF is completely different, the only real characteristics we can attribute to them all are certain characters, plot styles, and other such nostalgic traits like jobs and spell names. Remember FF5 and it's job system? Then right after that was FF6 with no solid main character and no job changes or ability swapping, two completely different games but neither is considered to be apart from the FF franchise.

SolidSnakeDog

November 02, 2009, 02:51:43 pm #41 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Just because you are forced to paid to play this game this throw me off totally.
You aslo paid in US money...i am CAN so this i need to paid about x1.4-1.5 more that the original cost. (What a ripoff...)

Xifanie

November 02, 2009, 02:56:20 pm #42 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
The CAN currency is about CAN$0.91 = USD$1.00
That's not 1.4-1.5x at all.

Anyway I never paid for online games or will ever do. That's just a dirty marketing tactic.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

DarthPaul

November 02, 2009, 03:03:38 pm #43 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
I refuse to pay for a game I already bought. That's why I prefer Guild Wars over WoW.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

SolidSnakeDog

November 02, 2009, 03:20:17 pm #44 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Quote from: "Zodiac"The CAN currency is about CAN$0.91 = USD$1.00
That's not 1.4-1.5x at all.

Oh... so the CAN money is worth much more that a year back.

Quote from: "Zodiac"Anyway I never paid for online games or will ever do. That's just a dirty marketing tactic.

Damn Right...you end up paying about triple the cost of the game by the end of the year.

This is sad, because i played ALL of the ff's but not the 11 and will never get the 14. My FF collection will never be complete...ever. Just because you need to paid all the times just to play em.
Thats retarded...and right now there are more and more games that you need to paid overtime.
Games are really starting to hurt our money alot just to have some fun...wait...MMO's are not even fun if you don't have a friend interested in it...and not many will be willing to paid each mouth just to play it (Or Paying to be called a noob by the other players...)

ASLO some stores TRICKS you in buying 5 games in an single pack that you need to paid for paid each mouth. What hapend? you try out the games...to find out that you need to paid 12-20$ for a single game...but you got 5.
You endup paying about 100$ each mouth just to keep playing the games....

Paying any MMO's = Epic Fail

Zuka

November 02, 2009, 03:35:49 pm #45 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zuka
I have to agree with not paying for games, that's the reason I quit 11 and don't plan to play freakishly long on 14, but 14 is actually charged by how long you play not a base fee, however I have to say that you should at least do the 10 day trial so you can say you have an educated opinion on the game, but I can't stress enough how much I completely agree with not paying for games you play on-line, and especially not paying twice (or once plus a monthly fee) for a game, I understand the need for gaming companies to profit, but that's why I don't mind games with a cash shop, if I want to buy something I can, but I don't want to HAVE to pay something just to play a game

SolidSnakeDog

November 02, 2009, 03:47:04 pm #46 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Quote from: "Zuka"that's why I don't mind games with a cash shop, if I want to buy something I can, but I don't want to HAVE to pay something just to play a game

This is something i aslo agree. I don't mind having to paid the preminium items has long you can play the game normally.
And some game like MS give you a way to get Cash shop money in game.(But are quite rare)

Istend of the 10 day trial i will just look at a couple of video on Youtube to know how the game is. The game is not bad actually...i just can't throw away about 20 buck each mouth forever.  :wink:

Kaijyuu

November 03, 2009, 01:37:32 am #47 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaijyuu
I think MMOs shoudl abandon the "pay to play" method and go with the "pay for perks" method.

Take WoW and Blizzard for example. $12-15 a month, depending on subscription type. Blizzard gets decent money from this. However, the gold buying/selling business is HUGE in WoW. People buying gold almost rivals the profit Blizzard gets from their subscription fees. So, why shouldn't Blizzard capitalize on this and sell gold themselves? They'd kill off the illegal sale of gold with competitive prices only they could provide. Account theft is a pretty big problem with WoW too, and almost all of those accounts are stolen by the illegal gold sellers. Kill two birds with one stole, AND bring in a lot of potential players that are put off by subscription fees.

Zenius

November 03, 2009, 03:21:42 am #48 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zenius
Blizzard is gay
All they care about anymore is WoW

I still play Frozen Throne on BattleNet (no I am not kidding Wc3 is the RTS game ever)
And the balance is becoming shit

Kaijyuu

November 03, 2009, 03:24:38 am #49 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaijyuu
They haven't touched wc3's balance in years. Also, I'm curious as to how you know a company's sexual orientation.

SolidSnakeDog

November 03, 2009, 03:48:35 pm #50 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
I aslo play Frozen Throne.

This is impossible to balance because there is 4 races.

Humains got an advantage over Undead. (Healing paly/dispel ect..)
Night elf got an advantage vs Orks (After Tier 2)
Orks got an advantage over humain.
Undead got an advantage vs Night elfs. (Fiends having web pawn most of what the NE has. Only the Bear can conter em and there only get em at tier 3...)

Trying to balance one of em and an other race will end up being imbalanced...

Most overpowered hero is ...BM! He should get  :wink:

Zenius

November 03, 2009, 09:56:30 pm #51 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zenius
Human vs Undead is pretty balanced actually, if the Undead can stop the Human fast expand and survive until Tier3 for Destroyers and Silence
NE vs Orc I agree with you
I think Human > Orc because Human can fast tech to Sorceresses (and Slow rapes Orc melee)
UD vs NE I also agree

And BM is a piece of IMBA!

SolidSnakeDog

November 03, 2009, 10:16:07 pm #52 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Actually you are right about the Hu>Ork. (Bloodlust/Healing ward? Blood mage eat em like butter! Aslo kills the BM mana fast in group of 4-6 making him unable to use wind walk or forcing him to leave the battle to get some healing pots.)

But...what is Humains biggest weak point? Night elf? Probably not because Rifles vs NE units is nasty. (Most of em is unarmored)
Guess that depend on the Hu gameplay. (Mages?/Range?/Melle? you never know what a Hu will do in the end.)

Zenius

November 03, 2009, 10:37:52 pm #53 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zenius
AOE spells
Warden Knives, Panda Fire, AM Blizzard, BLM Flame Strike, things like those
Like if you're NE, if you can get a high-level Warden Panda combo (like I get in vs HU), Knives/Fire is good vs masses of casters
And you go hunts first to stop fast expand

SolidSnakeDog

November 03, 2009, 11:04:44 pm #54 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Quote from: "Zenius"AOE spells
Warden Knives, Panda Fire, AM Blizzard, BLM Flame Strike, things like those
Like if you're NE, if you can get a high-level Warden Panda combo (like I get in vs HU), Knives/Fire is good vs masses of casters
And you go hunts first to stop fast expand

Too true. I am a Hu player myself and almos each time i had Warden/Panda combo to face i lost. Guess the best thing to fight the Ne is if he using the warden,buiding a couple of towers will prevent this form hapening.  Aslo this is better using ranged units so you take less dammage form the AOE spells. (Has long you don't put em in an single group you should be fine)

EDIT : Wait...this is geting off topic once again!
If this keep up i will simply put in *Talk about games* or something...
Changed to : Chat about your favorite onligne game. This should do it  :wink:

Zenius

November 04, 2009, 02:29:42 am #55 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zenius
Whats your account name? and what realm?

SolidSnakeDog

November 04, 2009, 03:00:15 am #56 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
I play on the US-East server And my name is....the same i am using right now  :wink:

Archael

November 04, 2009, 08:54:46 am #57 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
"onligne" is spelled ONLINE

iopyud

November 04, 2009, 09:44:47 am #58 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by iopyud
I swear the topic title seems like it changes every time I come here.
So ur wid ur rival adn u were fighting den wen he beat u ur holy stone glowed and spoke, it told u "Your soul will unite with my flesh" den u tell ur rival dat but ur rival said "No, that's just an ordinary rock"
THEN WHO WAS STONE?

SolidSnakeDog

November 04, 2009, 12:28:36 pm #59 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Quote from: "Voldemort""onligne" is spelled ONLINE

Fixed...

Quote from: "iopyud"I swear the topic title seems like it changes every time I come here.

Well thats probably the last time this hapend.