• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:42:02 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Specific color palettes

Started by Xifanie, February 18, 2010, 10:29:22 am

Xifanie

More purple and more brown. I'm currently working on the Palette editor... don't expect an update though. :P
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

jimmyjw88

Nice priest. Looks much better. Great job, mav.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Cheetah

Yeah I would totally go ahead and change the actual protrait if needed by adding a color Mav, assuming that there is an extra color to use.
Current Projects:

mav

February 20, 2010, 07:51:24 pm #23 Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 01:15:03 pm by mav
Quote from: "Zodiac"More purple and more brown. I'm currently working on the Palette editor... don't expect an update though. :P  
Oh, you're still working on the Palette Editor? To be honest, it's already pretty damn efficient for the kind of stuff I'm doing now.

Quote from: "Cheetah"Yeah I would totally go ahead and change the actual protrait if needed by adding a color Mav, assuming that there is an extra color to use.
It's funny that you mention extra space: apparently the developers left a color unused on this palette--I simply made that the eye color, and finished out the palettes (I even got the hair on the portraits to match the hair on the sprites; something that wasn't done with these portraits originally). I also updated the blue, purple, and brown sprites.

Here's the BMP file:
[attachment=0:3grgn83n]SIRO_W.BMP[/attachment:3grgn83n]

I'll post SPRs of the completed sprites some time tomorrow, and hopefully get to the male Knight and Ninja too.

mav

Alright, finished male Ninja as well. Here's the BMP:
[attachment=0:3d0yvcse]NINJA_M.BMP[/attachment:3d0yvcse]
I'll get the SPRs uploaded tonight.

mav

Took me a while to get back into this. Here's the male Knight palette:
[attachment=1:3jm9e2s6]KNIGHT_M.BMP[/attachment:3jm9e2s6]

I've finally attached the SPRs as well: in the zip folder you will find the male Knight, male Thief, male Ninja, and female Priest. Please import and test them--I'd like some feedback as to how they look on the battlefield. I'll try to get some more done in the next few days...

Kagebunji

I would like to test those, but I cannot provide screenshots, snce my emu doesn't work. I will use those palettes you made instead of the one that are in game :)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Cheetah

Maybe make the yellow knight a bit brighter, it looks a bit like the brown right now.
Current Projects:

mav

Portrait and/or sprite? I was actually thinking about darkening the brown, but maybe I shouldn't.

Mari

Nice tries, wicked1one11!!
I really like the Black and Pink ones, but the others seem just too bright. And the white one's skin colour isn't a skin colour is a bit strange! =P
Practice makes perfect, though!

And mav, yours are going quite well too!
They're easy to tell apart for me.
Great job and hope to see some more.

Edit: I'll try testing them out over the weekend. Not much free time until then, except today and today has already been planned for.
As the puppeteer pulls His strings,
The fragile doll spreads Her wings.
To dance a ballet as He directs
That is the Curse of the Marionette.

Controlled by a hand far, far above,
Forbidden to care, forbidden to love.
Forever shall She mime what She cannot know,
Until the day She loses her illusory glow.

Propped up on a stilt where wine once stood,
The Marionette is, once more, only wood.
Her glossy eyes have lost their shine,
Her silken hair, turned to twine.

What a fate awaits the poor little doll,
Who dances and runs but cannot stand at all.
And the puppeteer is applauded at the end of every show,
But the audience's joyous response the doll can never know.

I am but a doll on an endless stage,
Dancing for others whilst I slowly age.
My puppeteer sits far above,
Hiding His face behind a white glove.

And when I have aged to nothing but wood,
I will be tucked away in a closet where a doll once stood.
Then, as I gather dust and the world passes by,
I will be forgotten by the vast, blue sky.

mav

Thanks for the support, Mari--if you can post screenshots or give feedback after you test these, let me know.

I'm gonna try to knockout a few more tonight (probably female Knight and male Priest, since they're gonna be the easiest).

jimmyjw88

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

I completed the female Knight, female Ninja, and male Priest. I won't upload their BMPs or SPRs, as its a waste of server space. If you really want them, PM me, otherwise I'm gonna wait till I'm closer to completion and I'll just post the .shishi file. Feel free to give me input on anything: what looks good, bad, what needs to be edited, etc. You can preview them here:

Cheetah

Overall very good. That yellow priest looks really BLAH because of his blonde hair. It almost looks like someone just took the normal male white mage and just colorized it to be yellow. I don't know how to fix it other than changing is hair color and skin tone. Similar problem with the yellow female ninja, but not nearly as bad.
Current Projects:

mav

I definitely noticed it with the female Ninja--on both the sprite and the portrait--but I didn't think about it on the male Priest. To be perfectly honest, none of the male Priests look good to me. I think the sprite itself wasn't designed all that well, but I'll definitely look into changing out his hair/skin or the clothing color to make things blend better.

jimmyjw88

Yes, overall are great! But the yellows are not really working. The knight is okay, I guess but not the priest and ninja. Its just looking too much yellow; yellow and blonde. Hmm...Perhaps lower the yellow tone a little bit and change his hair to brown?

EDIT: Yes, I agreed. Perhaps its the sprite itself.

Mari

I see the yellow problem in the knight too! But it's not the yellow in that sprite, it's the blue in it that seems strange to me. =P
But yes, very good stuff!

(I don't see some of those ninjas blending in very well in most places.)
As the puppeteer pulls His strings,
The fragile doll spreads Her wings.
To dance a ballet as He directs
That is the Curse of the Marionette.

Controlled by a hand far, far above,
Forbidden to care, forbidden to love.
Forever shall She mime what She cannot know,
Until the day She loses her illusory glow.

Propped up on a stilt where wine once stood,
The Marionette is, once more, only wood.
Her glossy eyes have lost their shine,
Her silken hair, turned to twine.

What a fate awaits the poor little doll,
Who dances and runs but cannot stand at all.
And the puppeteer is applauded at the end of every show,
But the audience's joyous response the doll can never know.

I am but a doll on an endless stage,
Dancing for others whilst I slowly age.
My puppeteer sits far above,
Hiding His face behind a white glove.

And when I have aged to nothing but wood,
I will be tucked away in a closet where a doll once stood.
Then, as I gather dust and the world passes by,
I will be forgotten by the vast, blue sky.

mav

Yellow cape with blue/teal skirt looks bad, eh? What about the blue/teal cape with the yellow skirt? I'll take another look at 'em in a bit.

mav

I decided to go in and darken the skin and hair for the female Knight, female Ninja, and male Priest on both their portraits and sprites. I haven't updated the male Priest's portrait, mostly because I need your input on that sprite.

Note the skin and hair colors on the Knight and Ninja and how they clash less with the yellow now.

Cheetah

Huge improvement for knight and ninja, I think they are done. The white mage still looks a bit off with the red or whatever for the highlights. It might be fine though if more changes would mess with the other versions.
Current Projects: