• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Some orgASM issues (mighty sword fix and broken/stolen items at fur shop)

Started by Kaijyuu, September 06, 2015, 01:20:31 am

Kaijyuu

So I've applied some asm hacks included with orgasm and most work just fine. I'm having some issues with those two though. I'm using the ones included with .482 (which seem identical to .483). I'm testing with pSX and also the PSP's native emulator.

The mighty sword one works fine against units with maintenance. Verses everything else though, there's glitches. Here's what happens against something without any equipment in the slot:
http://i.imgur.com/vgAujPR.png

If I attempt to use the ability, the animation plays but no damage is done.

Verses things with equipment, the predicted % to hit is borked. It'll display some random value as the chance to hit, though it will always hit and break the equipment (I set it to 100% (64 in hex, the default) in orgasm so always hitting is the intended behavior).

(the old mighty sword fix has problems too, so I don't want to use that. It'll display """ was broken!" when nothing is in the appropriate equipment slot, and maintenance will block the attack entirely. Not really what I want.)

As for the broken/stolen items appear in the fur shop one, it sorta works but has problems. All broken or stolen items will show up in the fur shop. The problem is, it includes ones that were broken or stolen on enemies. So if I run off with all of Elmdor's genji set, there will be a duplicate genji set waiting for me in the fur shop. The behavior I expected was broken and stolen items only showing up if it was a unit on my team that had their item broken or stolen.

Anything I'm obviously doing wrong? Both these fix things that really annoyed me with the original game, so I'd prefer to not have to go without.
  • Modding version: PSX

3lric

Jumza

Yeah OrgASM isn't the problem, it just reads in and patches the XML files included with it (or ones you put in yourself).

Anyway, things to look out for: Make sure you have the most updated version of the ASM (which I guess would come with the most updated download for OrgASM), also make sure you aren't using 2 or more ASM's that overwrite eachother's space. I believe there is a program you can put the XML's into to see what ASM clashes with what. If not, then yeah, faulty ASM.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

3lric

Well, the older versions of FFTP (Pre .482) had a version of orgASM that didn't correctly patch integers or something like that. However, very few hacks utilize these anyway. Other than that, the problem would be in conflicting/buggy hacks.

Kaijyuu

Quote from: Elric on September 06, 2015, 05:22:33 am
What makes you think this is an orgASM issue?

Nothing; sorry if it sounded like I was blaming the program.

Quote from: Jumza on September 06, 2015, 09:45:36 amAnyway, things to look out for: Make sure you have the most updated version of the ASM (which I guess would come with the most updated download for OrgASM), also make sure you aren't using 2 or more ASM's that overwrite eachother's space. I believe there is a program you can put the XML's into to see what ASM clashes with what. If not, then yeah, faulty ASM.

As mentioned, I'm using the ones included with the latest patcher suites. The threads of the creators of these hacks seem long dead, too.

I was testing the mighty sword ones standalone; haven't tested the fur shop one standalone yet. Might do that.

Jumza

Well if you're testing them on their own then it's definitely buggy ASM. You're going to have to ask someone to fix it for you (or do it yourself if you are so inclined).
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.