• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 06:10:00 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

'Draw Out' glitch. Not animating correctly & Ashura works w/o weapon inventory.

Started by reyhan37, August 05, 2015, 01:37:45 pm

reyhan37

Wondering if anyone else has encountered something similar. I'm working with the PSX version.

I created a special character with a unique skillset that includes all the 'Draw Out' actions. I modified all of the abilities but for Ashura specifically

• changed the Y-value in the damage formula

• Inflict status: Dead

Don't know if this had anything to do with it but I also changed the WP and shop availability of the Ashura katana.

When I tried my character in Gariland, he can use the Ashura ability even though I don't have an Ashura in my inventory. When he used the ability, another sword (mythril sword?) appeared, but not directly above the character as it normally does. Otherwise, Ashura animated correctly.

Aiolon

mmm something here sounds wrong
first of all the changes you make to the skill wont give you any problems unless you change the formula so dont worry about that
but to help you i need you to answer the questions.

1 What do you mean with "unique skillset"? did you edit another existing skillset? if yes wich?

2 Did you mix skills in that skillset like Draw out + skills from another skillset?

3 Is the sword that appeared in the animation similar to the weapon your character had equiped in that moment?

4 did you modify any of the skill Animations in fftpatcher?

need to know this because well messing with draw out its not a good idea but your problem doesnt look like something without a solution.
  • Modding version: PSX
Wizzard: I have returned once again.
Chocobo: Wark?
Wizzard: yes.

reyhan37

Quote from: Aiolon on August 05, 2015, 01:57:38 pm
mmm something here sounds wrong
first of all the changes you make to the skill wont give you any problems unless you change the formula so dont worry about that
but to help you i need you to answer the questions.

1 What do you mean with "unique skillset"? did you edit another existing skillset? if yes wich?

2 Did you mix skills in that skillset like Draw out + skills from another skillset?

3 Is the sword that appeared in the animation similar to the weapon your character had equiped in that moment?

4 did you modify any of the skill Animations in fftpatcher?

need to know this because well messing with draw out its not a good idea but your problem doesnt look like something without a solution.

1 "Unique skillset" as in skillset unique to that character's base job. Snipe is unique to Engineer (Mustadio & Balk). All Sword Skill is unique to Holy Swordsman (Orlandu). I used the empty slot just below Holy Magic.

2 Action abilities are only from 'Draw Out'. Reaction, support, and movement took from other sets.

3 My character was not equipped with any sword. He was equipped with a long bow. His only weapon choices are katanas and long bows.

4 I did not mess with any animations in FFTPATCHER.

Aiolon

ok last question and probably the fix did you edit the skillset function in Action menus tab?

if not im guessing you used the slot 4D in skills. go to the Action menus tab and change the <Default> to <Katana inventory>

reyhan37

Quote from: Aiolon on August 05, 2015, 02:45:11 pm
ok last question and probably the fix did you edit the skillset function in Action menus tab?

if not im guessing you used the slot 4D in skills. go to the Action menus tab and change the <Default> to <Katana inventory>

Thanks! Problem solved - sorta.

Before you mentioned it I never noticed the Action Menus tab. I changed my skillset to katana inventory . Now he is no longer able to use Draw Out even with the respective katana in inventory.

I believe I read this somewhere else - someone correct me if I'm wrong - but inventory bound abilities

• Item

• Throw

• Draw Out

• Sword Spirit

only work properly within their default skillsets. If I add Draw Out abilities to an outside skillset, but want them require the respective katana in inventory, it won't work.

Aiolon

it can work but you need an ASM (starting to think that hack is a must use when it comes to job editing)
im not sure if it could work in this case but i think if you use xifanie's generic skillset fix hack you can make a job work like another job im going to give it a test and if it works i tell you what to do.

EDIT: just tested it myself and it doesnt work.. draw out must be super hard coded to not work even after making it work just like the original in a diferent job. well we tried  :)

try using sword spirit but remember thats Elmdor skillset so any changes you make will afect the Elmdor boss fight.
but i think i read somewhere that sword spirit was not usable mmm  :?