• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:54:04 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

changing skills chemist

Started by DARKANGELUXZ, August 05, 2015, 08:23:12 am

DARKANGELUXZ

August 05, 2015, 08:23:12 am Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 09:25:51 am by DARKANGELUXZ
hello
using the fftpatcher, try changing skills such as; elixir by chakra
but even if you can buy the skill training, then in battle it was not possible to use it. Then change the skillset of chemist for punch art to see what happened, but also can buy skills in battle and then not worked.
Can anyone advise me something please, thank you.

Angel

You cannot edit Chemist without removing Item support entirely.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

DARKANGELUXZ

thanks
and that I can do to remove it?

Nyzer

August 05, 2015, 11:33:19 am #3 Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 03:46:43 am by nyzer
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=4868.0 (ignore the talk about the Squire being unsuitable to edit, that's a mistake)

In short, you don't want to edit anything about the Chemist's skillset at all. It's hardcoded (meaning that instead of relying entirely on what FFTPatcher can set up with the various menus like most of the Jobs, it's got unique, specific coding to perform a unique, specific function) to work differently than a regular job.
While the hardcoding isn't as bad as it is for Mime or Onion Knight, the only change you could possibly make to the Chemist skillset would be to change what the items themselves do, or how much JP the skills cost.

But if you want to unlock Monk before Chemist (or just earlier than Monk is normally unlocked) you can definitely do that - with the Job Level tab in the patcher.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

gatebuster202

My patch has archer as a base job and chemist as a level 3 unlock from archer. Items are hard coded with the Jump skillset(which has a work around I think.) Throw, Draw Outs(Which can be edited enough that they can be made unique. Mime is hard coded but ignorable.

I may have missed one. Anyway, Item, Throw and Jump can either be ignored or incorporated but not changed beyond some surface manipulation. (Calculator can be converted to another Skillset and ditch Math all together.)(You can't change math either :() (Same with Archer/Charge, just set them to default in the action menus.)
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

Odal

This is actually a question I was about to ask so good timing with the thread!  I am a bit upset though because this is patch concept #3 down the drain for me and now it's back to the drawing board again.

I haven't looked extensively into this, but the only problem I've seen with Ninja is that the AI still has throw for all items (I didn't change Action Menu to default though, and that's probably why), but they also were capable of doing the things that I had changed the skillset to as well.  Weird.  I haven't looked into the player character side of things though.

gatebuster202

Not sure you can override throw Odal...

Honestly, I have 19 unique jobs on my drawing board, excluding Item/Jump/Throw/Drawout... I've found that leaving Item, Jump, (Altered Draw Out) and Throw gives you a good drawing board to work everything else around.

Drawout has a unique approach in that it's a "possible" consumable resource system. And that the rarity of certain items can add a risk/reward element.

Jump and Throw have fairly static uses, stats and function. They also serve as good places to put your high stat classes, as they don't scream op-ness, but have enough utility and function to balance out the other skill set.

Item is a staple of FFT... I wanted to restrict it and up the power of item. That's doable, and the class gains some stat support and some equipment and more powerful, rarer consumables. Removing the Item skillset all together... Well I wouldn't, but you are more then welcome to try.
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

3lric

You can try Xif's Generic Skillset Fix. Though I can't remember if this will solve that or not.

Aiolon

math skill
Jump
charge
mimic

those can be edited using an ASM (Generic skillset fix) (editing the jobs in patcher by changing the skillsets to default will result in a lot of problems such as all skills unlocked in combat even if you havent learned them yet or some skills wont show in combat even if learned its a real mess)

However skillsets that are linked to the player inventory = Item, Draw out, Throw just don't mess with those.

UPDATE: FK Elric ninjaed me
Wizzard: I have returned once again.
Chocobo: Wark?
Wizzard: yes.

Odal

Also, just curious: Why is Squire considered not suitable for editing?

It seems like it's a job you would not be able to leave out of any patch that uses special characters.  For example, if my class tree had a bunch of classes except for squire, Special characters could never change jobs.  It seems like it'd be preferable to edit squire to something which most special classes overshadow.  Just like how in the original game most people didn't think "Oh man, I wish Orlandu could learn throw stone"

And thanks for the skillset fix recommendation.  I'll have to give that a try.

DARKANGELUXZ

Xif's Generic Skillset Fix. ?????

Jumza

Quote from: Odal on August 05, 2015, 02:01:03 pm
Also, just curious: Why is Squire considered not suitable for editing?

Squire is absolutely fine to edit. Who said you couldn't? They don't have any skillset quirks that stop them from being changed at all.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Aiolon

@Odal
Why would you want Orlandu to learn throw stone when he can literally solo the whole game with lightning stab also squire its a BASE job but i dont know what are you talking about with not suitable for editing it looks fully editable to me but depends on what kind of edit you want to do.

@DARK
yeah.. silly to mention about the fix without even mentioning what the hell it does or where to get it.
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=7271.0

Raven's woorkbooks are editable spreadshets that will allow you to do a butload of things you cant do in the patcher but it can be confusing or complicated if you havent familiarized enough with fftpatcher or hacking stuff :s
anyway if you download it open the Job compilation workbook and go to Xifanie generic skillset fix, make your changes and then go to XML tab and copy everything there then paste it in your notepad and save it as a .xml file then add it to your fftpatcher folder and it should show in fftorgASM. well thats what i did i dont know if there is a faster way but ...

THIS WILL NOT fix the problem with chemist because its not posible to have Items in a diferent skillset
Items are linked to the player inventory so adding them to another skillset that doesnt work the same way will result as:
Not enough MP to use this skill or viceversa.

Odal

The link in nyzer's post has squire listed under not suitable for editing.

Jumza

I'm 99% sure that's wrong. The generic squire skillset is much shorter than Orlandu's, how could it possibly limit it if that's how it is in vanilla?
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Aiolon

i have messed around with squires and basic skill and never experienced a problem also that thread its 5 YEARS OLD! and it says
(all of them require changing Action Menu to <Default>) and that makes no sense because every special base job (squire, holy knight, engineer and those) are set as <Default> already.

Odal

Okay, i was just making sure.  I'd rather not build another patch just to have it scrapped again just because i didn't know something so that's why i ask.

DARKANGELUXZ

a third menu of skills is fun but the trouble is that all units have the same ability enabled

Aiolon

August 05, 2015, 10:29:02 pm #18 Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 10:34:56 pm by Aiolon
that hack was made to make a third supportive job that of course it would be the same for every unit. commonly used for customized item or limited jobs. such as making X job to have Potion, Ether, p.down only then using the ASM so that every unit gets acces to those skills without the need to have Chemist skill equiped.

EDIT: i think its main purpose was to give every character acces to passive commands such as defend or equip change.

Jumza

What you don't think it's fair that I gave everyone Astrology innately?