• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:18:08 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

SoySauceMaster

Thanks for the vids, Barren.
Kinda figured elemental bonuses don't stack. Would've been kinda broken if they did.
If Reks is looking for a loss, then I'm up for a match.

Reks

Quote from: SoySauceMaster on February 13, 2012, 07:44:32 pm
Thanks for the vids, Barren.
Kinda figured elemental bonuses don't stack. Would've been kinda broken if they did.
If Reks is looking for a loss, then I'm up for a match.

Yup. I like losing.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Reks

February 14, 2012, 10:24:22 am #1203 Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 11:40:55 am by Reks
Ouch, that Stop in match 1 hurt, and the second map was a small one. GG dorian!

Also, I changed my team quite a bit now. Make sure to check it out before any new matches for me

doriantoki

Just wanted to pop in and say, like always, thanks for all the matches Barren.  Would post more comments, but am pretty busy, as always, but I do make time to watch the matches here and there when I can.

DomieV

I guess his team owned mine in the end, GG Aero!

TrueLight

Good positioning by my Mime & not enough damage output from the Paladins to put my team on the defensive. Finally got a mimic Flare :D. GG Eternal.
  • Modding version: PSX

Reks

So..... I guess i'm up again, even though I probably don't have to ask. It's polite, though.

Dol

Quote from: doriantoki on February 14, 2012, 10:25:35 am
Just wanted to pop in and say, like always, thanks for all the matches Barren.

I wanted to chime in with the same thing.  I know it can be frustrating being the only one who consistently does matches, but we all appreciate you taking the time to run them!

Aside from the passive Squire, I'm pretty pleased at how, well, annoying my team was.  Especially with Stop and Zombie not having cures that are widely used.  Once I get a more aggressive front line fighter, they should do very well.

Just goes to show you that best compat makes the first turns so important as far as swinging a match either way

Shadowstrike

Good match my team did needed some changes. Hoping in the future my team works better but you had a good set up. GG avalanche

Wow! I'm surprised my team curved stomped yours. Hopefully the changes I just made can do even better than my previous outing. GG eternal, hopefully your team has better luck in the future

Barren

You dare cross blades with me?

Eternal

Best. Match. Ever. GG man, not much could've stopped those Summons.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Reks

Lords have mercy on those without Dead defense

Angelus

Bloody hell Eternal, your summons tore me a new one! GG mate

Avalanche

i wonder why my thief never used quickening once, he has 19 mp and it should cost 15  right?

Barren

Quote from: Avalanche on February 16, 2012, 05:55:12 am
i wonder why my thief never used quickening once, he has 19 mp and it should cost 15  right?

If the AI is in critical or if its out of range, it will sometimes use Quickening but because of lack of MP I'm guessing it decides not to waste its full turn and saved 20 CT before its next turn. I know Dol's Lancer on his Games team has half of MP and quickening and uses it often. Maybe study his team a little bit and you can pick up on how to make use of it. If anything I'll showcase his team for you.
You dare cross blades with me?

Reks

GG! Those open maps hurt quite a bit. I got a lucky break in Warjilis, but that didn't last to match 3

SoySauceMaster

Thanks for the vids, Barren. Really sorry about my lack of preparation for such circumstances.
The Master Guide says both Tsumazuki and Kagesougi aren't weapon elemental, but I should have known this would've happened. Looks like I'm going to need a back-up offense for my archers. GG Reks.

TrueLight

Tanky team is tanky. Lots of sandbagging from FDC's team and lack of AOE damage did me in. Every D-cap proc now and then turned the tide of the battle in FDC's favor and my team could never seal the deal. GG FDC.
  • Modding version: PSX