• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 07:42:08 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

I apologize for my lack of participation lately...

Started by LastingDawn, October 21, 2009, 02:21:55 pm

LastingDawn

October 21, 2009, 02:21:55 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Good afternoon everyone, as most on IRC might know I've come down with what I believe to still just be a common cold, the problem is now that it's entering a month if not longer of this cold and I think my condition is getting worse. While I used to be able to function pretty well, I was at least able to get some work done. But this sickness has wrecked me since then, I can hardly see straight and just staying awake is a difficulty unto itself, searing headaches and unabetting muscle weakness, and a constant sore throat... well they say it's darkest before the dawn (no pun intended) perhaps this is the last of it, before my condition returns to normal.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

DarthPaul

October 21, 2009, 02:27:54 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Get well soon.

Sleep is the best medicine in these situations, and if the muscle weakness continues be very careful around the house.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Samuraiblackbelt

October 21, 2009, 04:03:41 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Samuraiblackbelt
hope you get better soon! get some rest
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

Cheetah

October 21, 2009, 04:44:44 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
That is a bummer dude. Have you been to a doctor at all? Long lasting cold symptoms can be a sign of something else.
Current Projects:

Dome

October 21, 2009, 04:55:18 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Quote from: "Samuraiblackbelt"hope you get better soon! get some rest

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

LastingDawn

October 21, 2009, 06:08:15 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Quote from: "Cheetah"That is a bummer dude. Have you been to a doctor at all? Long lasting cold symptoms can be a sign of something else.

I plain don't have the money to see a doctor, even if I did I'm sure they'd just tell me it was a common cold, (even if it's not, doctors hardly care for their "living paychecks" in this day and age...) and I would have wasted 50$ or so.

Art of War

mav

October 21, 2009, 06:19:46 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Oh man, get well soon LD. I'd say go to a free clinic, but I dunno if that's your kinda beat. In today's climate you can never be too careful.

Cheetah

October 21, 2009, 06:33:42 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Post or PM me some extended symptoms LD. My wife and I will take a look at them, well more my wife since she is the one in med school. It is kind of silly but it might be better than nothing.
Current Projects:

Xifanie

October 21, 2009, 06:33:43 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Well, you know what to eat right?

GARLIC.
And probiotic (yogurt) supplements.

Get better ASAP you weakling!
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Archael

October 21, 2009, 06:39:49 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
try to eat more despite your appetite being suppressed

extra calories (good ones) can help the body fight off illness, and maintain normal functions to keep other systems from failing

try good fats like oils, fish, nuts, peanuts, olives, etc, those help alot

DarthPaul

October 21, 2009, 06:50:02 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Fish may make someone with a cold very nauseous though.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

LastingDawn

October 21, 2009, 07:39:57 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Quote from: "Zodiac"Well, you know what to eat right?

GARLIC.
And probiotic (yogurt) supplements.

Get better ASAP you weakling!

Yogurt is good for you? I had thought I heard that you couldn't have anything worse than dairy while you have a cold.

Hmm... is Garlic Powder fitting?

Quote from: "Voldemort"try to eat more despite your appetite being suppressed

extra calories (good ones) can help the body fight off illness, and maintain normal functions to keep other systems from failing

try good fats like oils, fish, nuts, peanuts, olives, etc, those help alot

I'm very self-concious about my weight and for once in a long time feel almost satisfied with my weight, which is why I don't want to over eat, hence I gain back the extra weight, but what sort of oils? It simply can't be normal... vegetable oil? I'm allergic to olives, but what other "etc"?

Art of War

Archael

October 21, 2009, 07:46:00 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "darthpaul"Fish may make someone with a cold very nauseous though.

I don't know what being sick with a cold has to do with suddenly becoming nauseous due to fish

and if they did make you nauseous, you should take them anyway, they are good for you and even more advantageous when you're ill

@LD: oils are fats, and yes they have more calories than other foods, but if you're sick it's not like they will make you put on the pounds or anything. you need to maintain a higher calorie diet than what you burn daily to put on any real weight

peanut butter, peanuts, almonds, flax seeds (cereals etc), fish, avocado, olives

and no, it cannot be normal vegetable oil

Xifanie

October 21, 2009, 07:50:01 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Garlic powder is not enough, the recommended amount is AT LEAST one bulb per day. oh and make sure you cook it well; that is by cutting small in small pieces and leave the garlic react for at least 10 minutes; since the layers normally act as a protection to prevent this. Else your garlic won't have taste and will not be as effective either.

I said yogurt supplements, they normally have 6 billion bacterias each which will help a lot your immunity system. You can find them at your pharmacy. It's normally for old people but I had mouth ulcers and each time it hastened the healing by a fucking lot. A regular yogurt has about 5% or less that amount of bacterias. You should take 20 billion per day, since there are different formats.

Listen to Arch, he lost a ton of weight last time he got sick because he didn't eat enough. Your body needs energy. If it doesn't find it in what you eat, it will find it elsewhere (ie first your fat and then your muscles).
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Samuraiblackbelt

October 21, 2009, 07:55:58 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Samuraiblackbelt
use coconut oil since you're alergic to olives

vitamin C is also good, lots of orange juice and that sort of stuff

I think (but can't prove) that black tea helps when you're sick

also, exercise is beneficial, not tons, but muscle movement is what moves the lymph through the lymph nodes
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

DarthPaul

October 21, 2009, 08:05:05 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Quotebut if you're sick it's not like they will make you put on the pounds or anything.

Arch is right when you sick your intestines don't absorb as much, so you need to get as much nutrition as you can manage to stay healthy.

QuoteI don't know what being sick with a cold has to do with suddenly becoming nauseous due to fish

Fish have more chemicals concentrated in their flesh (mercury is the main one) that sick people will be more sensitive to. I'm not saying he should avoid fish, just that he should be careful with it, the nutrients from fish are necessary but it doesn't help if you if you keep running for the emisis pan.

Xifanie

October 21, 2009, 08:22:45 pm #16 Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 08:35:33 pm by Xifanie
Quote from: "Samuraiblackbelt"I think (but can't prove) that black tea helps when you're sick
Green leaf tea has been proven effective when consumed in extremely large quantities. Since the basis is infusion I'd say the same would apply to black tea.

EDIT: But warm water is definitely going to be good for your throat anyway, since when it's hot enough it will kill bacterias ravaging your throat allowing it to regenerate.

Samuraiblackbelt

October 21, 2009, 08:32:26 pm #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Samuraiblackbelt
OH YEAH, for the sore throat, take a shot of lemon juice, it'll probably hurt like hell but it will really help the pain in the long run

MiKeMiTchi

October 21, 2009, 08:35:15 pm #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
Common Cold = allergy to me.

Have enough rest and sleep Sir LD. :)
Hope you get well soon..

Hmm.. maybe you're gettin' old like Tellah? Then the side effects would be
immortality and immunity~
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

LastingDawn

October 21, 2009, 09:25:36 pm #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Quote@LD: oils are fats, and yes they have more calories than other foods, but if you're sick it's not like they will make you put on the pounds or anything. you need to maintain a higher calorie diet than what you burn daily to put on any real weight

peanut butter, peanuts, almonds, flax seeds (cereals etc), fish, avocado, olives

and no, it cannot be normal vegetable oil

Well I would normally eat cereal as a meal, but not when I'm ill, as dairy and phlegm don't mix very well with me. What are Flax Seeds though? Avacado fruit, hmm? I'll put that down for next time I go grocery shopping.

Quote from: "Zodiac"Garlic powder is not enough, the recommended amount is AT LEAST one bulb per day. oh and make sure you cook it well; that is by cutting small in small pieces and leave the garlic react for at least 10 minutes; since the layers normally act as a protection to prevent this. Else your garlic won't have taste and will not be as effective either.

I said yogurt supplements, they normally have 6 billion bacterias each which will help a lot your immunity system. You can find them at your pharmacy. It's normally for old people but I had mouth ulcers and each time it hastened the healing by a fucking lot. A regular yogurt has about 5% or less that amount of bacterias. You should take 20 billion per day, since there are different formats.

Listen to Arch, he lost a ton of weight last time he got sick because he didn't eat enough. Your body needs energy. If it doesn't find it in what you eat, it will find it elsewhere (ie first your fat and then your muscles).

Hmm, just straight garlic? Or should it (or can it) be mixed into something?

Also, would they sell these yogurt supplements at any grocery store?

Though isn't it good for your body to eat away at the fat? If there's still fat to take that means it can't reach the fat? (I failed Biology if you couldn't already tell...)

Quote from: "Samuraiblackbelt"use coconut oil since you're alergic to olives

vitamin C is also good, lots of orange juice and that sort of stuff

I think (but can't prove) that black tea helps when you're sick

also, exercise is beneficial, not tons, but muscle movement is what moves the lymph through the lymph nodes

Yes, I've been taking a lot of Vitamin C throughout all of this and on the occasion Green Tea, mixed with honey and lemon.

EDIT: I'm only 21 Mike, heh... I should hope I'm not getting old too fast...

Art of War