• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:41:30 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Revised

Started by advfox, November 20, 2014, 04:02:38 pm

pondwitch

Made an account just to say how excited I am at the possibility of playing a hack like this.

Have you considered trying to make un-recruitable units like Illua playable?

Eternal

Illua playable wouldn't be too hard in theory. Unfortunately, if you hack Illua into your party, it crashes the game when an Opportunity Command arises. Not sure how that could be fixed.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

bcrobert

Quote from: Eternal on December 16, 2014, 11:03:38 pm
Illua playable wouldn't be too hard in theory. Unfortunately, if you hack Illua into your party, it crashes the game when an Opportunity Command arises. Not sure how that could be fixed.

Don't opportunity commands have dialogue attached to them too? So she'd probably need more sprites and more dialogue, and it would have to be correctly pointed to. That sounds like work. Just add her to the game and save often in case of opportunity crashes. :P

Alternatively if someone finds the routine that decides when an opportunity command happens, they could just remove opportunities from the game. The only thing they really effect is basically Sequencer.
My FFTA hacking tools: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9559.0

Believe it or not, I'm still working on this game.

Ethereal Embrace

I liked opportunity commands!   double strike or a free psudeo-hastega were always very welcome in my book.

Anyways, the bazaar system is my biggest gripe in this game. I would love to be able to edit monster loot drops and quest rewards to remedy the system. The fact that Animist only had 2-3 available skills out of their marginally decent skill list by the time you got Hurdy is unacceptable.

I kinda feel like every single enemy you defeat should give 2 loot instead, all the time...

Kaijyuu

Personally I think everything would be fine if the monsters just had smaller loot tables. If I want Pink Tails I should be able to look up the appropriate monster and have a decent chance of getting them. Instead I have a tiny chance from a handful of monsters, even when using steal loot.
  • Modding version: PSX

rrs_kai

My favourite part of FFTA2 would be diretional damage.  It would be great to have that in FFTA.
Something like 0.75 front and 1.25 back.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

ruiso

December 24, 2014, 03:57:36 pm #46 Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 04:09:05 pm by ruiso
I wish that Frimelda, Vaan, Adelle... not be humes. Not saying all should change, just that for instance, I like to play with special units only, I get a bangaa, 2 humes, a moogle, another hume, a viera, another hume, a moogle, aaaand another hume.... the last hume cannot even change jobs... he stayed an agent...
This is my first post XD hope i didn't boored anyone to death with my request and bad english. Mery christmas everyone and peace.
Ps love what you have been doing so far.

advfox

This project isn't dead, if anyone was wondering. I've just been finishing up this semester in school. Now that it's over, I'm getting back to work.

Quote from: Kaijyuu on December 19, 2014, 03:23:19 am
Personally I think everything would be fine if the monsters just had smaller loot tables. If I want Pink Tails I should be able to look up the appropriate monster and have a decent chance of getting them. Instead I have a tiny chance from a handful of monsters, even when using steal loot.

I'd like that also. I wish I knew how to change any of that.

Quote from: ruiso on December 24, 2014, 03:57:36 pm
I wish that Frimelda, Vaan, Adelle... not be humes. Not saying all should change, just that for instance, I like to play with special units only, I get a bangaa, 2 humes, a moogle, another hume, a viera, another hume, a moogle, aaaand another hume.... the last hume cannot even change jobs... he stayed an agent...
This is my first post XD hope i didn't boored anyone to death with my request and bad english. Mery christmas everyone and peace.
Ps love what you have been doing so far.

If you change a special character to a new race, they likely won't have all of the animations needed for full use of that new race's jobs, unfortunately.

advfox

I've been thinking about changing Clan Trials into Special Challenges, where the player can choose to fight tough enemies and superbosses. Rewards for beating these challenges could include lots of AP, specific high-level loot, rare equipment, and of course Clan Privileges. I'm liking the idea so far.

Eternal

It's funny you say that since I was thinking the exact same thing myself. I think it's a great idea. Totally support it!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

FrozenDragon150

What will you do to clan titles though?
One of the things i never knew was that you'd get new quests based on your title, but generally once you went throught the trials to get the titles, you were already powerful enough to beat the quest unlocked throught the rather easily (looking at YOU showdown)

Maybe you could make these quests automatically unlocked, like making the game assume you have the highest title or somethong

FatefulEncounter

Blue, if you're still around, I read on the first page that you are changing ability sets for jobs and I am trying to do the same but have hit a wall. I have opened the ROM and went to offset 0x053D963C but could not decipher what the string of values meant. They don't seem to be in any logical order and I don't have a value list to go off of. Could you please explain more about how to add/subtract/change abilities in skill sets?