• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:06:46 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Instructor Darlavon

Started by Cheetah, August 06, 2011, 03:17:25 pm

Kagebunji

August 11, 2011, 12:34:30 pm #40 Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 12:34:57 pm by Kagebunji
If it is Olan, then it does go too high on forward side view, makes it look like a sash instead. Depth is ok, but I feel more dark shades on the back side view could help(in the place I specified in the last post).
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Cheetah

August 12, 2011, 01:55:34 pm #41 Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 01:56:10 pm by Cheetah
The only major changes I made was shortening him for the rear and side rear views. I'm afraid I over did it for the side rear views, what do people think? I'm pretty sure he is working under 16 colors just fine as well.
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

He is shorter all right, however if you shorten one frame, all should follow. I don't mind personally him being a lil shorter than regular, he is an old man, and IMO it fits him in some way, heh. I like it so far.

Lijj

I like this new design a lot! I didn't see the changes til now..
The cape is missing part of it on the walking frames. but I understand it's a WIP so np for now.
  • Modding version: PSX

Cheetah

LOL I can't believe I didn't notice that, and easy fix though, thanks for the tip Lijj.
Current Projects:

Tigerspike

The front view looks like his tunic and leggings are attached to each other like a leotard, whereas the other views look as though they are the same color but separate. It may only be one frame, but it keeps throwing me off.
Oh come now. That doesn't even make sense. How can flimsy paper possibly beat the raw density of stone?

Cheetah

Yeah that is how Orran/Olan originally looked as well. I will see what I can do, but for the forward facing frame I care little. I have made a lot of progress. I almost down to just getting his face right on every frame, body is practically done.
Current Projects:

Cheetah

I take my facial hair very seriously, thus I was rather dissatisfied with how Darlavon's was looking. Plus as I continued on with the sprite I found myself giving him a much better looking full beard for many of the frames. The result is that I did some tweaks and I'm very happy with it now. I'm about 75% done, the only major milestone left is getting the rear side head looking better. For some reason the Weigraf hair just looks like crap from that angle. In all honesty many of the sprite have bad hair from this angle.

First attempt at Darlavon is on the left, new one is on the right. I wish I could grow a beard looking that good.
Current Projects:

Twinees

The beard looks great now Cheetah, good job. Hopefully you complete this one and finally end your drought :P.
  • Modding version: PSX

GeneralStrife

Beard is much better, much cooler.  Sash makes him more elegant, gives him the professor feeling. Good job Cheetah.

Tigerspike

Yeah, that beard does look quite a bit better.  Just a minor semi-related question: was Darlavon associated with the Hokuten, Nanten, or neither?
Oh come now. That doesn't even make sense. How can flimsy paper possibly beat the raw density of stone?

Cheetah

August 15, 2011, 11:15:51 am #51 Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 11:16:33 am by Cheetah
Thanks for the encouragement guys. I do believe I actually will finish this one, just need to get that head looking good in the rear side view. This project was supposed to be just a quick headswap and it has certainly become a lot more, but it is at least looking quite good.
Current Projects:

RandMuadDib

Looking quite good indeed. The new beard is the shiz
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Zozma

great looking sprite, the frontal frame needs more shoulder tho
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Kagebunji

How is he coming along, Cheetah? Run into any problems?

Cheetah

Haven't had a chance to work on it for a bit. Things are going smoothly though.
Current Projects:

Cheetah

I am very close to having this done. Hopefully this weekend. Here is the current preview.
Current Projects: