• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:11:46 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

WotL with fusa Sd removes the lag.

Started by Soahd, February 03, 2011, 12:43:18 pm

Soahd

Fusa Sd is plugin for cfw that allow it to play on tv.
So I tried using it to play 1.3; to my surprise it actually removed the slowdown.
I would like to make a video but my internet connection a 56k.

So i'd like someone else that possess the cables to try it.

Eternal

Sadly, I don't think a lot of people here actually have WotL, much less those cables. That said, hopefully someone here will and we'll be able to see for ourselves if that's the case or not. :)
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Kourama

I would test this but I don't have a psp slim.

Dominic NY18

If I can find my component cables, I'll give it a try tonight.

st4rw4k3r

I tested it out.
Looks very pixely on a 1080p hdtv. :\
I never have had lag problems.

Atma

March 10, 2011, 05:15:26 am #5 Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 05:17:59 am by Atma
i just tested this plugin with WotL.  The skill slowdown lag IS fixed with it.  However, the rest of the game is lil bit slower than usual (not too bad, but noticeable).  it also lets u watch it full screen, but it's a bit pixelated. 
Personally i'd take the skill slowdown over the entire game being slower.  A good find, tho Soahd.
My name is Atma... I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.

Eternal

Very, very strange. Any theories as to why this is?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

RandMuadDib

Dunno. But if we can figure out why, maybe a permanent solution is around the corner?
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Cheetah

This is really bizarre, I can't believe it actually works. What is the software even doing?
Current Projects:

Mega_Tyrant

March 12, 2011, 10:08:05 am #9 Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 10:10:14 am by Mega_Tyrant
No clue, maybe try contacting the authors.  They might be willing to provide insight into the routine that it goes through, IIRC fusa was originally designed to get the psp which output it's game in progressive mode to display on SDTV which were in interlaced mode.
RAWR!