• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:43:30 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Making a Tactical RPG called Arcadian Atlas with my brother!

Started by bbreakfast, April 05, 2016, 08:34:14 pm

bbreakfast

Hey guys! I'm Becca.

As kids my brother and I would make game jams projects and we tooled around in various RPG engines. As adults we realized we really missed working together on games, so for more than a year now we've been working on our Tactical RPG Arcadian Atlas.

I do all the art and my brother does everything else (not related to music or the programming the main engine).

We were inspired by FFT, Tactics Ogre, Ragnarok Online & Chrono Trigger primarily (don't worry, the UI is just a mockup & won't look so FFT-esque in the final release  ;) ) so I thought you guys might be interested in it? Anywho, feel free to Ask Me Anything about Arcadian Atlas or working with family!

Jumza

Oh wow, this actually look amazing! It looks like you guys have a really solid system planned out for everything, the art is awesome and the music sounds great!

I sincerely hope you guys reach your goal (from what I can tell, it seems like you'll have no trouble with that!) and I'll probably back the game myself, even if only to the 'get the game' mark :)

I couldn't help but notice that under 'Are there any filler skills' in the FAQ you mentioned that you would be avoiding skills like Charge+1 ~ 10. Bless you for that. So much lost potential for Archers in FFT :P
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Bonesy

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386

Drunkard

Lookin good, If I was good at anything but Frankensteining sprites I'd offer my help, but since I'm not all you can have is my praise. Keep up the good work n Godspeed.

Shintroy

Is there a demo? I'll definitely back this when there's a small demo.
I regret not backing Undertale years ago.
Some day my people will be free.

Guru

This looks like it will be a really sweet game! I haven't had a chance to look over all the content but so far I'm definitely impressed and can't wait to watch it grow. I'll definitely be following this, I voted on steam for now and I hope to be able to back this sometime soon.

I'll keep an eye on your site but keep us posted over here too!

Kaijyuu

I do similar projects with my wife, though we've never gotten something so grand in scale so far along. Lookin' good, and good luck to you!
  • Modding version: PSX

bbreakfast

Thanks for the support you guys! We are trucking along in the campaign. :]

Actually just scored a Destructoid article & a Ken Levine Twitter shout out, so we're feeling really great!

@Shintroy: No demo yet unfortunately, but we are working towards a beta version that folks will have access to if they donate to the $40 and up reward tiers on our Kickstarter.

We just unlocked enough achievements during our campaign to unlock a New Job Class reveal!
Introducing.... (sprites are Work in Progress, will finish via livestream!)

The Druid

MutationGames

I was wondering what Game Engine and or Programing language are you using?