• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:40:39 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[Old] FFT: Plus battle logs

Started by Dome, August 09, 2011, 07:32:30 pm

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

GeneralStrife

Sector 7 Slums Dome? Really?

Dome

Dome

Dome

Random battle 3 - Monsters are horrible persons
(But great units)

Link to the playlist of the full video Playthrough

Joseph Strife

August 24, 2011, 08:08:26 pm #26 Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 08:28:35 pm by Dome
Updated my battle log in the earlier post, be sure to check it people.
Chapter 1:

Orbone Monastery: So, this battle is hell of easy, using Ramza for sandbagging is the key to make it simple, but it isn't that hard if you don't sandbag
Magic City Gariland: This was a little more hard but i've made it out good, a few potions and i've gone through it well.
Mandalia Plains: Same thing as Gariland.
Sweegy Woods: Here delita and algus were realy helpful, since this battle is only monsters and FFT:+ monsters are strong as hell, potions all the way and the gil problem starts to rise.
Sector 7 Slums, ops, Dorter Trade City: Yeah, Archers are MEAN! Damn they all the way, luck thing i had a chemist and a knight.
Sand Rat Cellar: Iron Sword was realy helpful and some magic, burned everyone with fire :twisted:
Thieves Hideout: Speed problem here, these thief's sure can go for some damage, but i've managed them with some luck. Starting to get desperate about gil.
Lenalia Plateau: This was easier than expected, my archer made a quick work of everyone that was charging something.
Windmill: This was easier than frist battle, some hits and Wiegraf was down.
Fort Zeakden: Again my Archer came to my rescue, shooting like crazy from top of the high building.
That was Chapter 1, see you in Chapter 2!  :D

- Edited your post to include your log :-) (Dome)
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Dome

Dome

Grendy

Hiya, I just recently picked up the FFT+ patch and have been really enjoying it so I figured I'd help out with the battle log. Since chapter one already has a decent log + videos being uploaded for it I figured I'd start with chapter 2. 2 buddies of mine are also playing this so if possible I'll try and add their thoughts on it when I can. None of us are what you would really call veterans just some guys who really enjoyed vanilla so are thoughts on the game might be a bit more extreme than the more veteran players or guys that have already made it through 1.3.

All 3 of us have made it through chapter 1, the general concensus is this. Monsters are REALLY hard, the squidkins in Sweegy and the first battle with Miludia are really strong. Aqua Break and counter flood do a number on partys. The gil issue in chapter one is a bit harsh, we had to use quiet a few pheonix downs and they are not cheap to restock (one of my friends has said jobs in chapter 2 remedy the gil issue). The only other thing e have is that battles with a 'Kill X person' condition are generally very tough and required us to target only that person.

All in all the game has been immensly fun so far and we all look forward to making it further. Also future battle logs from me will be much better detailed include general team lvl, party make up, and general strategys for the fight.

Thanks again for a great version of FFT ^.^

Dome

Glad you are enjoying so far!
Every feedback is very appreciated!
About monsters...I suggest you to recruit them :-) (Monsters are strong regardless of levels, but humans without proper gear arent)
Quote from: Grendy on September 08, 2011, 04:49:46 pm
Thanks again for a great version of FFT ^.^

<3

Eternal

Beginning a playthrough today. I'll let you know how it goes!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dome

Quote from: Eternal248 on September 11, 2011, 05:10:50 am
Beginning a playthrough today. I'll let you know how it goes!

Great!
Feedbacks are always needed

Dome

S_Hawkeye

October 10, 2011, 07:58:46 pm #34 Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 08:01:16 pm by S_Hawkeye
Well what can i say...... i love to play with my planned team from the begining so i overlevel a little (even in patches like 1.3 or celdia's "preset lv of guests" patch) so i don't think my suggestions would be useful with the intended experience, but whatever, first, the battle with Quek.....something was a real pain in the ass, zombie + Areiz + Quick is awful, and his punches..... but al least he can be tricked to kill a party member with low life without him using his combo.

Velius on the other way, was the easiest boss i have ever fought in this patch, he NEVER attacked me once, he just (tried) to revive his minions (that were REALLLY weak even in lv 50, i just needed to silence them) only to get them killed in 1 hit by my two handed lancer or my quick charge archer), and damage split is easily avoided (my Ramza just stole his brave).

About the enemies, well, the monsters are almost (or in some cases) strongers than generics (a good thing), but some skills need some changes (for example, the tier 1 bird is overpowered compared with the other tiers and the chocobos need something to justify their use (choco ball is not useful at all, and choco meteor is even weaker than the squids counter flood).

I'm in the begining of chapter IV so i can¿t say anything about other bosses/monsters.

Pd: Dome, good patch, i've been enjoying it a lot.

Dome

Thanks for the feedback, I'll work on it :-)
Soon V 1.01 will be released (Today, if everything goes well)

dinosaur

I didn't know you had this youtube channel >_<

Dome

S_Hawkeye

I have fought the tiamats and dark wishper is ugly (always 6 hits, that's a lot), and putting the with meliadul is evil (but fun, at least she didn't used her break skills).

It happened something really funny when i was fighting zalmo, a frogged winged eye hit my lancer and caused a double knockback, "fusing" him with my black mage (and zalmo was another velius, you need to do something about the reiz lock).

And while is not important, it was funny that you can put 'innocent' in a unit with the faith rod.

Joseph Strife

Lol at that pic, Wizard + Lancer = LOL
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...