• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:15:48 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

I can't change sprite of knight

Started by Alexandrietz, October 19, 2018, 04:33:57 am

Alexandrietz

Hello, I have psxfin emulator on which I am playing FFT. I have two files Final Fantasy Tactics [NTSC-U] [SCUS-94221].bin andFinal Fantasy Tactics [NTSC-U] [SCUS-94221].cue. I always wanted to change blue colour for red on knight, mages and archers because it is my favourite colour. I read your forum a bit and watched videos on youtube.com how to change portrait of players and how I can change colour, but nothing changed. I was doing as it was written on website, but appearance of knight doesn't change (I mean I wanted red colour instaed of red one on knights, for example, but he has blue one until now.). What the problem could occur to me?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

3lric

You need to swap the palettes around. You can use palette editor by Xifanie to do this. Or graphicsgale.
  • Modding version: PSX

Alexandrietz

October 19, 2018, 05:42:25 am #2 Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 06:50:38 am by Alexandrietz
Look! When I chose 64 - Male Knight in Shishi Sprite Editor, I had 8 Sprites, 3 of them were empty( it means they were black at palette bars), Sprite №1 was a male knight with blue emblem, sprite #3 was a male knight with red emblem. I managed to swap Sprite #1 and Sprite #3. I thought you played for Sprite #1 because all your units have blue colour and decided to swap two sprites, but nothing changed. Look at my screenshot. I can't understand what I am doing wrong, I swapped palette in GraphicsGale. Screenshot1 shows the initial sprite1, screenshot3 shows the final stage of palette in comparison with initial one, screenshot 4 and 5: I changed face and icon of knight and save file and then using cdimage I changed unit.bin and wldface.bin, screenshot6: knight has blue emblem amd leggings, so I can't realise when is my mistake until now. It is my dream to have red colour as an ally, not enemy. Help me, please, guys!

3lric

Already told you what to do. Not my fault you didnt listen. I know exactly what the issue is. The game has teams, each of those teams (factions has a palette) player team loads palette 1, you need to swap the palettes around.

Xifanie

Save yourself some trouble and use Shishi to change the formation sprite/portrait instead of that Japanese translated program requiring you to use CDMage or whatever to import the files. Shishi just does it for you.

And if you're going to switch palettes that way, make sure "Match Pixels with Colors" isn't checked
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Nyzer

It might just be the Formation sprite then. Did the in battle sprite change to red like you wanted?

It looks like the Shishi side was correct but you didn't show an in battle screenshot.

Alexandrietz

Oh! This is only in battle I can see red colour instead of blue? I will you send you screenshot of random battle now

Alexandrietz

October 19, 2018, 03:36:03 pm #7 Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 04:00:16 pm by Alexandrietz
Yup! It has changed! I thougnt when you are in formation, your colour will change there too. Thank you very much, guys!

Alexandrietz

Could I change apearance for Ramza, for instance, could he transofm in Wiegraf?

Xifanie

If you don't mind taking many hours to edit the dozens of instances where he would look glitched in event as a result, sure. Or leave them as is--they don't hurt. They'll just make the story rather ugly to look at at times.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful