• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:05:29 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

PSP Font???!!

Started by q8fft, March 09, 2018, 02:19:50 pm

q8fft

I make a Big research And many attempts I found the PSP font in many places like: fftpack.bin

Font 1 = 1434CC
Font 2 = 345000
Font 3 = 44742E8

and: PSP_GAME/SYSDIR/BOOT.BIN
Font 1 = 27B80C
Font 2 = 2F73B8

But All of them not working i mean no effect, my question Where is the right place for the Font in the PSP game guys i'm tired..

any help tips will be welcome...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Nyzer

"Not working"? You haven't described to anyone just what it is that you want to do with it in the first place; no one can help you if they don't know what you're even doing to begin with.

q8fft

Quote from: Nyzer on March 09, 2018, 03:31:36 pm
"Not working"? You haven't described to anyone just what it is that you want to do with it in the first place; no one can help you if they don't know what you're even doing to begin with.

I thought my question was clear, However, I want to add new characters to the Japanese characters, but first I want to know where the letters are located. I have searched a lot and could not find the correct place.

Example: I want change like "あ" to "EE" But I do not know where the characters tables for psp version, i know where the psx version but psp make me mad....

Xifanie

There should be 5 or 6 locations with the font data in your WotL ISO:
The dummied BATTLE.BIN

• The dummied BATTLE.BIN

• The dummied WORLD.BIN

• The dummied FONT.BIN (That was already a dummy on the PSX version)

• WotL BATTLE.BIN data

• WotL WORLD.BIN data

• WotL FONT.BIN data (though, again, dummy data)

I can't really help more than that. Just don't touch the files that are present on your ISO that have those meaningful names because they're just remnants of the PSX version or something. I'm not exactly very knowledgeable about WotL either.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

q8fft

its 5 locations i try change them all but no effect is the font in WotL Encrypted or what ?

02D64AAC = font 1
02F665E0 = font 2
070958C8 = font 3
10154DEC = dont 4
101D0998 = font 5

q8fft

god dammit WotL PSP  :cry:, finally I found the font place in psp version ...

Thanks Nyzer and Xifanie  the responses I appreciate it.