• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:04:23 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Creating new rumors...

Started by CONMAN, March 18, 2017, 11:11:44 pm

CONMAN

So, I have had a lot of fun changing up old rumors and using them to enable side quests.  However, I have few left to mess around with.  A while back I went ahead and put in some fftactext junk to fill the blank spot after Nelveska temple.  I edited an event to activate the variable 2E7 (the first bank spot after Nelveska), but had no luck.

I don't think I messed up at the time, but it's possible.  Any ideas? Perhaps the game just doesn't want to take any more rumors without some extra coding... I don't know.

Anyone tried to create a new rumor before?
  • Modding version: PSX

3lric

We created a ton of new ones for Jot5. There is a unreleased spreadsheet that you need. Send me a PM so I can remember to send it to you after work.

3lric

This is the version from TLW, so it contains data for the new rumors added by WotL, but you can remove those 4 or 5 or however many and replace with whatever you want. If you need a version that can also activate a variable upon reading, i have that version as well, id just need to remove the Jot5 data from it

CONMAN

Thanks a bunch Elric!  I would definitely need one that can allow for variable activation, if you could. Stay awesome buddy!

... wait, editing post... Could I just activate variables the old way in the text of these rumors? If so, I would be just fine. 

Also, I assume that the table marks where these rumors pop up. Do you know if there would be any problem with allowing them to pop up on all on all towns? Even if that was the case it would be totally cool. Thanks!

3lric

shouldnt be an issue. The first sheet was made by Pride IIRC and Xif made some edits to it to allow to activate variable, but yeah it just breaks down the string for you so you dont have to math lol. Ill find and upload that one for ya tomorrow.

Adding to all towns should be fine

CONMAN

CONMAN

April 06, 2017, 01:02:35 pm #6 Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 03:19:36 pm by CONMAN
I guess that sheet actually was the jot5 version.  Do you by chance have the lion war sheet?  I might be able to make use of this sheet but it will take a lot of tinkering and playing around.

edit:

never mind, I adjusted the sheet to reflect vanilla values and renamed the table entries.  I have the adjusted version below:

3lric

That actually was the lion war sheet lol

the Jot5 sheet is a bit more advanced, if you still need it, shoot me a PM, i see those faster than forum posts as i get an email notification on my phone :D