• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:03:37 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Wanting oh so badly to play JoT5 buuuut....

Started by Anjew, May 22, 2015, 12:52:19 pm

Anjew

...I'm not much of an emulator guy, I'm running PCSX 1.9.91 and it won't let me save my file (I realize this may be super basic issue, but I know zilch about emulator issues ).

Anyway, one of three things happens when I try to save:

1) I choose slot 1 and it gets hung up on the 'checking memory card' screen - it just flashes endlessly and I can no longer input anything (in other words it freezes).
2) I choose slot 2 and it says not enough memory to save a file, but I technically can just go back and continue w/o saving
...andddd
3) I create a new memory card (I read this remedied the problem), but get the same error as 2) again.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks guys, you crazy nerds who made Jot5 are amazing! Keep up the good work!

-Andrew

3lric

Try using pSX (aka PSXFin) it's very lightweight and I can guarantee it works with Jot5., as it's what I make most of it on. If it still doesn't work than you might need a different FFT Image.

Also, I may be crazy, and a nerd, but... wait, what was the third thing you said?
  • Modding version: PSX

Shintroy

My emulator did this too OP.
Just use save states to save. Most emulators I've used gave 5-10 slots which is more than enough for Jot5. Only save state when allowed to though like on the map or when you're prompted to in dungeons.

Good luck.
Some day my people will be free.

Xifanie

Only using savestates is a terrible recommendation. It will likely prevent you from using newer versions of the mod (by crashing/freezing), or simply having inconsistent data that will break the game in unintended ways that could make progress impossible.

At the very least you need to save your game before patching with a newer version and loading back that one afterwards.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Anjew

Thanks for the replies. I forgot to mention I'm on a Mac, so it looks like PSXFin isn't an option. Should I just give in and get parallels or whatever?