• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 06:24:58 am

ENTD Helper

Started by Pickle Girl Fanboy, August 09, 2010, 04:21:15 pm

Pickle Girl Fanboy

August 09, 2010, 04:21:15 pm Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 05:32:01 pm by Pickle Girl Fanboy
A spreadsheet which shows height, unpassable terrain, 1st and 2nd levels where applicable, water and water depth where applicable, and has the same X and Y axises as FFTPatcher. Useful for editing ENTD and Treasures/Traps. The following maps are finished:

*Outside of Orbonne Monastary
*Magic City Gariland
*Mandalia Plains
*Araguay Woods
*Zirekile Falls
*Zaland Fort City
*Barius Hill
*Zigolis Swamp
*Slums in Goug
*Bariaus Valley
*Golgorand Execution Site
*At the gate of Lionel Castle
*Inside Lionel Castle

If anyone knows the sprite limits for these maps, I'd love to add them.

philsov

I think its great,

but

let me speed some things up for you.

Gamefaqs -> PSX FFT -> FAQs -> Color coded maps by Aquahaute/ARobinson.

tbh I was planning on doing the same thing this weekend, because the overhead xy pictures on the main page just don't do it for me.  The maps I just brought up have height values, MFI item locations, and terrain type already present.  They just need an X/Y axis with some real numbers (over A1, B6, etc) and a north arrow and we'll be golden as their orientation isn't always north.

edit:  to upload base picture:
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

I don't think the color coded maps on gamefaqs correspond with FFTPatcher with x/y.  And I don't see those maps on Gamefaqs, could you link to one of them?

EDIT
Hurr durr, that didn't load until I hit F5.  Yeah, those maps don't correspond to fftpatchers x/y.  I'm not going to try to edit an image and spend hours trying to get the numbers to line up.  It's easier to make a map just for x/y, heights, and unpassable, since those are the only things that really matter for ENTD editing.

philsov

correct.  This is why X/Y would need to be added... going 12, 11, 10, etc with a vertical X axis (e.g.) isn't that bad, I don't think.  Beats starting from scratch, anyways.

as for the link, gamefaqs is blocked where I am atm but it's a ZIP bundle in in-depth faqs, iirc.

editreply:  Suit yourself.  It's all fixed-width so once you figured it out for one picture you've got them all done.  You can at least use the maps to save yourself some work on the front end of things.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Look at it this way: one map for entd editing, and another for everything else.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

April 20, 2012, 05:03:06 pm #5 Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 05:33:43 pm by Pickle Girl Fanboy
Necrobump because I need to add that this works with Treasure/Trap editing as well, and because this thing is useful, and it's not dead, only on hiatus until I get pSX.rel 1.13 for Windows and FFTPatcher working with Wine.

Also, I apparently didn't upload my most recent version last time.  This version has new maps, though they lack X and Y axises, and aren't verified in-game.