• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 17, 2024, 11:35:48 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFT: Remix General Info

Started by Zozma, November 06, 2008, 09:03:10 pm

Zozma

November 19, 2008, 08:04:56 pm #40 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
i can see how you would get the idea for that given the skills, but that almost sounds like a geomancer as well. XD

if i decide to make her a Water Seer to match Lavian's Flame Seer job...
then i COULD create earth and wind seers as well... what say you...?

and sweet jesus i forgot about my Berserker... whom i am not going to actually be a "berserker" anymore but have axe skills. i have to get a name for him as well.
----------------
btw, New DD enemy lol

Job: Harlequin
Sprite: Male time mage with this special portrait haha (the gender confused time mage of DD remember?)

skills:

Galaxy Stop

Blow Kiss - Long distance charm spell effect area 1 100% chance if the target is not immune. ignores opposite gender requirement

Roulette - Random chance to cast either Quick or Death on random targets across the map. targetting auto (all ally and enemy) [The harlequin is equpped with a ribbon and is immune to death]

Red Dance - A more powerful wiznaibus, however it also heals the caster in an amount equal to one of the units damaged. MA based

Mastered time magic
innate: Non-Charge
innate: Defense Up
innate: MDefense Up

[The Ribbon as a headgear grants +70 hp and +100 mp and is not available to the player, however there will be an accessory version that only gives the immunity bonus]
-----------------------------------
Ignis
Job: Rogue
Skillset: ?????
(I already like the sprite so Ill be using her in the game too)
Equip:
Ninja Knife, Katana (single)
Head: Hat, Hair Adornment
Body: Chothes, Robes

Innate: 2 hands (not 2 swords)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Zozma

November 26, 2008, 08:55:32 pm #41 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
okay i've been debating it for a while but im not afraid of spoiling the story twists.

should I:

A) Make Agrias remain a playable character

B) Make Agrias get abducted and Ovelia escapes to join you instead. then it is revealed by vormav to the newly captured Agrias that she is the true princess and they need her to act as such.

Choice B would rezult In the need for a new holy knight to fill the gap, however, you would also have Ovelia and her MBarrier at your disposal. (i would remove the innate def/mdef up if she joins)

DarthPaul

November 27, 2008, 09:45:49 am #42 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
For the remix I really like the idea of Option B, and maybe split Alicia to go with them and have Lavian stay on as they holy knight for the party.  This would require new sprites of course but that's what we do here.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Zozma

November 27, 2008, 03:26:22 pm #43 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
im using the same sprites that i originally designed to fit those three characters.

Alicia will have the Misty sprite

Lavian will look like the Jenna sprite

Rad will have the hatless theif sprite with a red costume instead of green.

I had intended to make the trio adventure on their own for most of the game, appearing as guests a few times. allthough at some point i wanted to split them up so you could get Rad the dark knight before you get the other two.

I guess since you dont get agrias in choice B, i could make Alicia your Holy Knight. But lavian im still contemplating what class she will be.
If i make her a Flame Seer then ill throw an imbalance into the game because there wont be space to put a character for the other 3 major elements.

So i guess it might make sense for Alicia to be an apprentice holy knight since rad is an apprentice dark knight. and the first time you see their trio again they will have some of their skills learned unlike the intro which i made them unable to use anything but attack and a random secondary.
--------------

Well with LD and your votes on it sounds like choice B will be more likely.
ive gotta get more feedback on things like alicia and lavians jobs. alicia does sound like the best choice for the replacement holy knight. (this means that the only special characters youll have at your disposal for chapter2 are mustadeo and ovelia. tho having mbarrier will be a great asset.

DarthPaul

November 27, 2008, 05:14:47 pm #44 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Yes Mbarrier will make up for the loss of lighting stab greatly but i would tone it down a bit like remove haste from it or make it worth more MP to cast and maybe give Ovelia some custom skills.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Archael

November 27, 2008, 05:26:27 pm #45 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
MBarrier is strong as hell

DarthPaul

November 27, 2008, 05:32:16 pm #46 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Exactly that's why it needs to be toned down to avoid giving the player a huge advantage cause it is guaranteed to hit.

Archael

November 27, 2008, 05:38:32 pm #47 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
I think MBarrier is faith based and can miss

the strong part about it is the massive buffing it gives to any individual unit which covers any possible weaknesses it might have (Defense, HP, Speed)

not it's accuracy

Zozma

November 27, 2008, 05:55:11 pm #48 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
id rather not destroy MBarrier. However i might duplicate the spell and make the duplicate either cost more mp or have a longer CT.

yes i do plan to give her at least 2 more skills, what? well just like i gave to alma, i had created a version of Arise, called 'Resurrection", which has a 100% chance of success if the unit isn't immune. it looks like scorpio revive.

as for another skill? well i might give her wish as well since she and alma were friends alma could have taught it to her.

on a side note for wish, I also could make it so that ramza's wish is swapped out for a blue magic version, identical, in chapter two. this wouldnt look buggy because it will be in the same slot that he already has wish from chapter 1 learned in.  upon using it on ovelia she could learn it that way as well as mini ultima. and there u have it she pretty much has alma's skillset except you can have her. only difference is, alma will have the grand ultima and ovelia will have mini.

another option would be to simply make Ovelia join much later. leaving you with only ramza and mustadeo for most of chapter 3.

either way she will NOT have innate defense up and magic defense up, even at the falls, so that fight will already be harder because ai doesnt go after ppl with def up as priority over someone who doesnt have it.

DarthPaul

November 27, 2008, 06:37:58 pm #49 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Maybe you could set it so she doesn't learn Mbarrier as part of your team till around the middle of chapter 3 or beginning of chapter 4, but i think she should join around Lionel for a bit more of a consistent story. Another way would be to let her go with Agrias and join Ramza after she finds out that Agrias is actually the princess, because of a death threat from Goltana or something like that.

Zozma

November 27, 2008, 06:52:48 pm #50 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
hmmm.... it would be a good idea to make it so she isnt with you when you meet alma.... i would have to create an alternate scene just for her being there. I think it would be harder for her to escape if both her and agrias got caught....  perhaps i could use the scene to make your first encoutner with the trio Alicia, Lavian and Rad as guests... then they inform you that the "princess" is at the execution site. none of them join up there and you go on your way with only ramza, mustadeo and boco as specials.

(boco is quite useful as he can use all 5 chocobo skills and i might create a special skill thats like a phoenix down that way he can use skills that are like the two most basic and useful chemist skills Choco Cure and Phoenix Wing [debating this])

when you get to the execution site you of course find out that its not really ovelia. you continue on your way as normal thru to the end of chapter 2. (ramza, at this point, is completely in the dark about what has happened and that in truth, Agrias is the true princess and that Ovelia had escaped on her own and her whearabouts are unknown. chapter 3 unfolds normally till alma gets abducted (by meliadoul)

at the river its too early to get Dark Knight rad and Alicia is the leader of the trio so i do not want her joining then.... but i COULD make Lavian join.

still what kind of job should i give her? she is a magician type... and i do NOT need any more swordsman types. should i stick with having four characters each with one of the 4 pure elements, fire , water, air, earth.
id rather have Deis have the 4 ultimate spells instead. and the lvl 4 black mage spells match the damage potential of those 4 spells as well.
-------------
Another important storyline thing ive been contemplating. Ft. Zeakden.

Originally i had thought to make Tietra not be there at all and have a common squire shoot algus, and just a Knight with some sort of general title giving the order. But now i think i might make Tietra be there and the one who shoots algus + you fight her and then she escapes. The reason why? because i don't think there is quite enough drive for Delita to undergo his changes for chaptert 2 and on. But with such a drastic change to his sister and the murder of Algus who in this game is more of an innocent semi-noble that delita can relate to on some level, it might have a better effect on the story. well what say you?

That fight, btw, would be quite interesting too. Not only would Tietra be eqipped with a crossbow, she would have even more of her sorcery at her disposal. And set to attack Delita, he would be going down pretty fast.
--------------------------
I just thought up a new idea too....
Just after meeting delita at the port of warjilis it would be great to create a battle on the town map of warjilis. here i could make you meet up with guest Alicia and Rad who tell you that they were planning on meeting up with Ovelia and Agrias. Lavian had gone ahead, but as you find out in the next battle she narrowly escapes with information that ovelia meeting with the cardinal was a trap. (they also are in the dark at this point about agrias being the actual princess) the battle at warjilis would simply be a few hired thugs sent to clean up any loose ends while the other force is after lavian. after the warjilis battle they would split from your group to look for lavian on their own while ramza ends up being the one who finds her by the B valley.

Zozma

November 27, 2008, 10:33:48 pm #51 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
not to make you forget about the above post which has a lot of story info... but to give a revamp of Lavian. since she is a magician i think i can make her join up there. she is like a wizard with the "other" elements

so its:
Water
Watera
Waterga
Flood
Quake
Quake2
Quake3
Quake4?
Aero
Aera
Aeroga
Tornado
Melt
Doom (Death sentence)
Fascination (Charm with effect area of 1 instead of 0 like steal heart)
Fallen One (sets target's hp to 1)

What say you? this matches the same amount of skills a black mage has 3 sets of 4 elementals plus 4 extra. This would also free up Deis to have a different set of magic

Zozma

November 29, 2008, 04:08:18 pm #52 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
some screenshot test. using a portrait pasted over another sprite to create the evil face without wasting an extra sprite slot. the ??? status will be changed back to normal.

Archael

November 29, 2008, 04:43:39 pm #53 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
I'd hit it

Cheetah

November 29, 2008, 06:06:25 pm #54 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Quite cool.
Current Projects:

Zozma

November 29, 2008, 07:01:43 pm #55 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
testing the instruction for background changes. simulating it getting darker

http://i140.photobucket.com/player.swf? ... 2start.flv

Archael

November 29, 2008, 07:18:54 pm #56 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
event instruction working well

Zozma

November 30, 2008, 03:46:29 am #57 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
i think i got the sky and map the way i want it.... what an ugly day outside

DarthPaul

November 30, 2008, 03:54:24 am #58 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Hmmmm purple the color of murkiness.

Zozma

November 30, 2008, 04:25:03 am #59 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
alright well i couldnt color the units to go with that so i combined it with a weather effect in attack out and .... there u have it, midnight miluda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fb8GVmlM-E