• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:46:33 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

DomieV

Just saw my match with LightningHax....strange indeed that one of my mimes didnt mimic but overall, im pleased to have a made a good team...my concept behind that was 3x dance and 3x sing....I was hoping that next chance anyone gets I would like my song and dance team to face any 3 teams.

PX_Timefordeath

I'm not sure what caused that bug, but I think it has something to do with the positioning of the mimes.

Barren

Quote from: PX_Timefordeath on February 05, 2011, 03:53:42 pm
I'm not sure what caused that bug, but I think it has something to do with the positioning of the mimes.

Yea that could be it.....well maybe its buggy on some maps...entrance to death city at least is one of them so far
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Eternal

That wouldn't surprise me, since the map is unused for battles. Although mechanically speaking, I don't see -why-, when everything else works right. I think this is worth looking into, if only for future reference's sake.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Otabo

Sorry for the delay in requests, but I'll try to get some done during this week - depending on how I feel.

Wiz

Played around with Arena ALL day today, and am going to put up some vids using the most recent patch (129b) of a team that I concocted up tomorrow. This place needs to come alive again, and I'm ready to get to work so a S6 can occur before the summer's over :D

Yep, ciao for now \o

Barren

Hopefully when season 5 finishes we can start another ARENA tournament....I don't mind helping out anyway I can
You dare cross blades with me?

Shade

Quote from: Wiz on June 16, 2011, 05:42:37 pm
Voila...My First FFT Arena Team version BETA 129b

Wiz wanna battle mine teams?
Cause I am known for my teams badassery and making weirdest combos ever(speed saving archer+ haste pretty much my idead before 3rd 1.3 season(yell was supposed to in that one)), example academy team is only squire only team, showing the cababilities of this job after it was buffed(large range of equipment, and easier to get stats(meaning that monk may have higher PA without equipment, but squires with their equipment can over come them).
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Wiz

Quote from: Shade on June 16, 2011, 07:06:43 pm
Wiz wanna battle mine teams?
Cause I am known for my teams badassery and making weirdest combos ever(speed saving archer+ haste pretty much my idead before 3rd 1.3 season(yell was supposed to in that one)), example academy team is only squire only team, showing the cababilities of this job after it was buffed(large range of equipment, and easier to get stats(meaning that monk may have higher PA without equipment, but squires with their equipment can over come them).

Your team pitted against mine Shade? And which teams and player slot do you prefer (player 1 - player 2)?

Keep in mind, that vid wasn't an exhibition one, just me showing what I've learned from playing in the Arena.

Shade

Quote from: Wiz on June 17, 2011, 04:25:56 pm
Your team pitted against mine Shade? And which teams and player slot do you prefer (player 1 - player 2)?

Keep in mind, that vid wasn't an exhibition one, just me showing what I've learned from playing in the Arena.

Hey these videos are made for 2 things testing and having fun, and I am all in for both.
Also you decide what teams, you can do 1 or all. The Choice is yours!
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Wiz

June 17, 2011, 05:26:20 pm #551 Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 05:43:26 pm by Wiz
I realize that, but keep in mind 130's being worked on and it's not the best of ideas to make a plethora of vids for an outdated version of the patch =p

I still duke it out w/ your teams, but I'm not making videos doing so =P

btw, late congrats on getting to the 1k mark for your post count

>_>

FFMaster

Send in your teams to fight! I'll be recording as many as I can.
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Shade

Well I will be going with my classy ones Academy Team and Holy Team.
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Squidgy

June 24, 2011, 11:44:24 am #554 Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 12:56:48 pm by Squidgy
I put a Stone Gun on my Monk "4 teh lulz". I'll submit a real unit for the team soon. EDIT: K, now he's kinda normal.

Squidgy

Quickening isn't being cast. Hmm, happens when I remove Steal Heart from a unit with only those two skills, and then Quickening works when I relearn Steal Heart... tried again with only Quickening, and no using it.

What do?

FFMaster

I'm not sure about Quickening. We have already seen odd behaviour from units that have it.

Anyway, going to get a video up soon, now that we have 2 teams. CT5, I still need you to fix unit 3.

CT5Holy

Ah, sorry, was out for most of yesterday. Fixed, sent PM, etc.

Yeah, Quickening is weird. I tried it with another unit (albeit briefly), and he didn't use it at all. He might've had Steal Heart in addition to Quickening though, dunno if that would change things.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

FFMaster

June 27, 2011, 06:48:06 pm #558 Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 08:10:40 pm by FFMaster

For those who want to submit a new team, just post in team submissions.

EDIT:

The Damned

(Does Float give the unit a Wind weakness in ARENA given that it was bundled with the Oil fix? I don't think it does, but I can't remember.)

Forgive me, but I chose to PM you the team I (finally) finished given that I didn't want to make a new section for myself in the Team Submission thread and I'm not sure how busy pokeytax is right now to update it. So all I'd be doing is editing something that might not be seen given that I think PX is busy as well, aeroGP isn't a mod here anymore and you're obviously still kinda busy. Still, I guess I should add there anyway now I have sent it in, though....

Meh. I'll wait until after my first match or two since I have it saved elsewhere.

Regardless, thanks for updating things and getting out these videos quickly. I commented on Youtube, but the character limit there means that it's easier to comment further here, especially since there's spoiler tags.

Quickening stupidity aside, I must admit that I'm rather...surprised to see Speed Save didn't get nerfed with that "gains 20+ CT instead of permanent +1 Speed" hack that was at least in consideration for being used. I'm guessing that didn't get finished yet or something. It is something of an unwelcome surprise, really, especially given that Lore also wasn't changed; not that we had really talked about Lore getting changed in 129 and with Speed Save getting nerfed, it arguably wouldn't need to be changed (as much).

At least with Quickening, the AI has to spend its turn using that, even if could be doing other, vital things as demonstrated by the video.

Actually, Slashy and Ryota had Good compat. It's just that between you (thankfully) nerfing Zodiac compatibility and Ryota having Protect, Defense UP, and the halving of Fire & evasion from the Venetian Shield, he took crappy damage, even with Slashy's monstrous PA and strengthening of Fire. That kinda made it funny when all three of CT5Holy's monstrous Katana-wielding units ganged up to kill him and still managed do it despite missing 2 out of 5 attacks and him essentially having caught a Wall.

With that mystery solved, I have to wonder why the hell the Lancer didn't move for so long at the beginning. He just did...nothing for like 5 or 6 of his early turns. Even now knowing about the double turn thing that formerdeathcrops--damn it, I knew I forgot to do something since I wasn't here all weekend--informed me about, it still doesn't make any sense. It's not like the Time Mage was on the edge of that jump, preventing him from moving across, especially with a Lancer's Jump stat. Oh, FFT AI....

Hmmm...I wonder if this team will actually do decently considering the arguably crappy item I'm trying to use. Although, it's rather arguable that even if I manage to win, the item is still "crappy" or, less rudely, has one too many disadvantages at present.

Oh well. We'll see.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"