• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:50:52 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

PX_Timefordeath

@ Damned

For the first fight, the units who were charmed had no way of hurting my team. :D

And that third battle, Fire > Ice Shield

Otabo

Exhibition matches as requested by Shade. I didn't do both teams of yours, Shade. Just the Holy Team.

Note: For those who want teams tested in the future, if there aren't palettes listed for your team, they'll be given two random palettes. So if you want specific colors, include the palettes you want.

Squidgy

I wonder if those Thieves consider Ether while at 0 mp... Nasty compat setup for that battle. GG.

Shade

February 01, 2011, 11:37:39 pm #523 Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 11:48:28 pm by Shade
Well the knights are very strongly build, expect they have to be sandbagging the other two bitches(dammit).

Squidsy woulda been easy to take down and fast if ti wasn't for the fact that he has best compat with steal heart.

Lightning hax had range advandage and my squires are really stupid(rushed to get killed)

And last match againts otabo made e realize how stupid the AI is with grand cross, not hitting own guy with(chance of blind) to while hitting enemy that can't get healed for that well for a while and going not even hitting that knight instead go hit the other knight who is goes to the guy who can heal him.

I can't wait for My lich spamming team(we might be seeing 6 liches in row)
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Otabo

I dunno, I think AI is pretty decent with using GC, if set up properly. I think the lack of blind protection really hurt your paladins overall; if you had, say, Angel Ring or Diamond Armor instead, they would have been much more effective at killing. PA setup for Grand Cross is good and all, but it won't matter how much damage they do if they can't hit anything. And having to sandbag those squires didn't help matters either.

I thought about running PA Save on my own paladins, but decided to run Sunken State instead.

Kaz

requesting an opponent or two for my boom boom volleyballahs
to hell with you mustadio haters

The Damned

Hmmm...I kind of wanted to make a Wind-based team, but between Tornado blowing and Magic Ring being a popular accessory, it doesn't seem worth it.

As I said on Youtube, damn, those Squires hit extremely hard with all that gear. It's "nice" to see Quickening abused given I was expecting much more of it. Not much else to about this consider all the Charm that was flying about.

Also, Squidgy, I'm pretty sure that a Thief (with Quickening) will Ether itself if it has absolutely nothing else it can do within range (the same with Quickening), but you know the AI....

I can't really say I'm shocked with the quick result of this match. High Faith teams just tend to murder each other even faster than High Brave teams do, even as much as I think a lot of magic still sucks.

I'm rather liking these "Guardians of Purgatory" and the (attempted) use of Sunken State, Otabo.

Way too much Grand Cross this match, though. I think it was literally 75% of all attacks.

Maybe I'll make a dance team given that I was criticizing Celdia about it. It would only be fair. (Hmm...I hope FFMaster is okay given the state of Australia.)

Quote from: PX_Timefordeath on January 27, 2011, 04:36:57 pm
@ Damned

For the first fight, the units who were charmed had no way of hurting my team. :D

Not really true. The Knight could have used Dia on any one of your other units and instead choose to try to Dia himself while still Charmed (and miss). It wouldn't have really changed anything, but it was still annoying.

QuoteAnd that third battle, Fire > Ice Shield.

I see. I suppose I just automatically assume that everyone covers their weaknesses whenever they use an elemental shield.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Shade

Not sure how you would cover weakness without using another absorb equipment, especially not having elemental band in arena anymore.
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Otabo

February 02, 2011, 04:34:39 pm #528 Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 01:02:55 pm by Otabo
Quote from: Kaz on February 02, 2011, 04:23:34 am
requesting an opponent or two for my boom boom volleyballahs

I can hook you up probably on Thursday.

EDIT: Kaz, both of your monks are 200 over the JP limit.

Kaz

sorry bout that, i always screw up somehow.. drop sleep on both of em and it should be fine - thanks

LightningHax

If you have time, could you please do a few matches for my Rage Quit Team?

I wanna see just how bad Salty Rage is.

Barren

I can do it LightningHax...i havent done any vids in a while
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Barren

FFT Arena Exhibition Matches requested by LightningHax

Pride

I would like to request a few matches with Dance, Allure! Dance! when Pokeytax updates the memory cards.

Thank you Barren and Otabo for keeping a steady flow of matches coming in.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

The Damned

February 05, 2011, 12:23:54 am #534 Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 12:24:20 am by The Damned
Rage quit indeed.

Looks like the RNG strikes down Skip Sandwich again. Seriously, all those back-to-back low percentage Steal Hearts were the death of him, I especially since for once the AI didn't go out of its way to try to break Charm, which ended up losing him the match due to that Ultima. The AI always does something completely contrary that's vexing every 10 matches....

This is one of the reasons I hate Raise 2 and think that Cursed Ring sucks. Skip Sandwich kind of made me look at Cursed Ring again, but more and more it just seems like it's only good for one exact set-up other than dying/getting petrified.

Quite the nice match, if only because DomieV finally did what I was considering doing with Dancers and Mimes: using Nameless Dance. Seriously, why did it take someone so long to consider doing this? Nice to see Iron Boots absent in this match.

Quote from: Shade on February 02, 2011, 03:35:58 pm
Not sure how you would cover weakness without using another absorb equipment, especially not having elemental band in arena anymore.

You say that like using another absorb equipment is a bad thing. Also, five of the eight elements (fire not being one of them) can be straight up canceled by equipment, so it's not like it always has to be absorbed to cover it.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Kaz

yah. not sure what possesed me to use the cursed rings but it sounded good at the time..... eheheh :>
ill make a better death sentence/status whore team when im somewhat rational.

Barren

February 05, 2011, 06:17:34 am #536 Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 06:18:40 am by Barren
Yes...I was impressed with the pressure that DomieV's team brings with his 3x sing and 3x dance combo...not to mention the counter flood was a nice touch as well

Shade

February 05, 2011, 11:43:42 am #537 Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 11:53:52 am by Shade
Quote from: The Damned on February 05, 2011, 12:23:54 am

You say that like using another absorb equipment is a bad thing. Also, five of the eight elements (fire not being one of them) can be straight up canceled by equipment, so it's not like it always has to be absorbed to cover it.

It's not bad it's just kind hard with more then one elemental equipment.

I update Holy team by changing squires to bards that have iron boots and battle song.

So I am requesting for both of my newer teams(holy team, dark hearts).
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

CT5Holy

Odd, in LightningHax vs DomieV, one of DomieV's mimes wasn't mimicking stuff for a while towards the latter half of the match. Then he started to mimic stuff again, then stopped mimicking again. Weird. Anyone know why this happens? I've seen it a few times on my own, too, and maybe it's been seen on some other vids? Maybe from Pride's team in the Beta Tourney?
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Otabo

Yeah, I've seen it happen too. I'm not sure what causes it.