• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:35:19 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

EsperBlades Job Thread (SpellBlade Skillset Update!)

Started by LastingDawn, November 24, 2008, 01:06:55 am

boomkick

November 25, 2008, 01:27:43 am #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Couldn't you replace the chaos blade's special effect with Zodiac, or did u think of that already?

dwib

November 25, 2008, 01:42:27 am #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
i think Zodiac will be in the EsperBlade's skillset, therefore uneeded for a weapon effect

Skip Sandwich

November 25, 2008, 07:39:50 am #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
Spellblade effect ideas

Ifrit/Shiva/Ramuh - Area 2, elemental damage at range

Moogle - heal some hp and cancel poison and sleep  OR Moogle - confuse enemies

Fairy - add Regen to allies OR Fairy - light healing and may add Regen

Slyph - wind element centered on caster, may inflict silence

Titan - earth element centered on caster, may inflict don't move

Carbunkle - randomly inflict haste, protect, shell or reflect on allies

Cyclops - high dark element damage to single target, may inflict petrify
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

LastingDawn

November 25, 2008, 08:20:28 am #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hmm, I wanted to part Shiva, Ramuh, and Ifrit apart, from being clones of one another, we'll get to that thought.

I like Moogle casuing Confuse,
Fairy doing Light Healing and adding Regen sounds preferable.

Since Silence doesn't exist anymore, and wouldn't really make sense for Silf's to addle...

Titan is now composed only ina weapon, still good idea to inflict Don't Move.

Carbuncle is nice

Cyclops is another summon only in a weapon, though inflicting petrify through that is a fine idea.

So to clarify that leaves...

Moogle
Ifrit
Shiva
Ramuh
Carbunkle
Silf
Fairy
Zodiac

In their sets. Eight summons is still quite a few, This doesn't include their secret skill, which I haven't thought of yet, the one I have now is admittedly a slight cop out.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

6divide9

November 25, 2008, 12:30:29 pm #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 6divide9
Midgar Zolom?

Archael

November 25, 2008, 12:37:39 pm #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "6divide9"Midgar Zolom?

ya

a summon Serpentarius has

Archael

November 25, 2008, 12:38:20 pm #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "LastingDawn"So to clarify that leaves...

Moogle
Ifrit
Shiva
Ramuh
Carbunkle
Silf
Fairy
Zodiac

In their sets.

you are forgeting Midgar Zolom

Skip Sandwich

November 25, 2008, 01:08:43 pm #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
the cyclops petrify is from an idea I was messing around with where I lowered cyclops' power to the same as Odin, and had Odin Holy element and add: Dead, and Cyclops dark element and add petrify, with bahamut as the overall highest powered summon aside from Zodiac.

and, if you want to differentiate the immortal trio with more then just elemental affinities, either make them stronger but more costly versions of the coresponding invoker spells, or use status effects

Ifrit: Adds Berserk, Haste and Protect to allies and/or self, should probablly be used in conjunction with setting berserk status on a timer

Shiva: Inflicts Slow or Stop to foes

Ramuh: cancel reflect, shell and protect status
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

Archael

November 25, 2008, 01:16:27 pm #28 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "Skip Sandwich"the cyclops petrify is from an idea I was messing around with where I lowered cyclops' power to the same as Odin, and had Odin Holy element and add: Dead, and Cyclops dark element and add petrify, with bahamut as the overall highest powered summon aside from Zodiac.

and, if you want to differentiate the immortal trio with more then just elemental affinities, either make them stronger but more costly versions of the coresponding invoker spells, or use status effects

Ifrit: Adds Berserk, Haste and Protect to allies and/or self, should probablly be used in conjunction with setting berserk status on a timer

Shiva: Inflicts Slow or Stop to foes

Ramuh: cancel reflect, shell and protect status

I agree with that logic (though that Ifrit is wayy too powerful... Berserk is very strong)

that is how they should be differentiated

the original skillset has WAY too much damage redundancy, and it's best to try to get as far away from that as possible

boomkick

November 25, 2008, 08:13:48 pm #29 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
I was thinking of Odin and how a spear could work for him. But since Odin is given to someone else it doesn't work.

Archael

November 26, 2008, 02:47:58 pm #30 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Berserk + Haste is one HUGE buff to a ranged or physical PA person...

that shit should be a spell on a secret item or hidden ability

not a bad idea... just gotta be careful

maybe it could go to reliquian

boomkick

November 26, 2008, 09:41:55 pm #31 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Quote from: "Voldemort7"Berserk + Haste is one HUGE buff to a ranged or physical PA person...

that shit should be a spell on a secret item or hidden ability

not a bad idea... just gotta be careful

maybe it could go to reliquian

Should be a spell for an enemy only class.

Archael

November 28, 2008, 06:25:16 pm #32 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
well I am officially back to functioning 100% from my viral thingy

I will work on some items starting with fixing those damn palettes and icons for the 5 spellblades

Archael

November 29, 2008, 12:09:15 am #33 Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 12:27:07 am by Archael
:D

Dominic NY18

November 29, 2008, 11:57:24 am #34 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
Someone was reading my mind with the Glacial Edge idea. But anyway, just a few ideas and questions.

I was going to say just rip off another Final Fantasy game and call the fire sword Flametongue. But I'm guessing that name may not be appealing. Or maybe just a simple name like Flame Sword.

As for the dark blade, what exactly does the Dark Matter ability do? I keep thinking in terms of space whenever I hear dark matter and I was going to suggest something like Celestial Sword/Blade (Or Celestial Darkness). But if the blade needs a menacing name, maybe something simple like Blade of Darkness. Or if that's too simple, then maybe Nether Blade could work.

For the earth blade, I was going to say something with the word Gaia in it. Is Earthsplitter a final name for it?

Finally, the Magi-Sword is one of the errand treasures right?

Archael

November 29, 2008, 12:22:33 pm #35 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
all names can be changed by LD

except for Magi-Sword

thats a legendary fft lore item I don't think that's gonna be changing

Archael

November 29, 2008, 02:05:33 pm #36 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
the Dark sword casts a spell (from what I remember LD saying)

and that dark spell (forgot the name) has a 25% chance of applying a status effect called Dark Matter

when you have Dark Matter on you, all positive buffs are dispelled, and no positive buffs may be cast on you while it is in effect

Dominic NY18

November 29, 2008, 02:42:56 pm #37 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
That sounds a lot like Zeromus's Black Hole attack.

DarthPaul

November 29, 2008, 05:40:33 pm #38 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
I thought Ice Shank was a great name!!!
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

The Damned

November 29, 2008, 06:11:20 pm #39 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Quote from: "Voldemort7"when you have Dark Matter on you, all positive buffs are dispelled, and no positive buffs may be cast on you while it is in effect

Hehe. So you finally figured out a use for that status? Awesome.

I thought it was glitchy, though....

Anyway, I have two questions, though one of them admittedly isn't really related to this thread (but since this thread and Warder's Look are the only ones being updated at the moment...):

• How did you get the spells to fire 50% of the time instead of the usual 25%? I vaguely recall that there being an ASM hack where you could change spell incantation rates, but that was a uniform one IIRC. So do only the Esperblades get fired at 50% or all weapons with incantations now?
  • Okay, the above was technically two questions, but I'm still curious: Did LastingDawn ever decide on that "dilemma" between the monster-part/item user and Blue Mage?
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"