• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:18:23 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Screen Freezing in Shop

Started by Zhies, February 27, 2018, 07:13:22 pm

Zhies

Brief Problem Description: game is partially freezing and laggy while in the shop. Graphics are messed up once leaving the shop.

Solution: Look for items with 0x/00 quantity in party inventory and drop x items as your inventory has gone X above the maximum value of 99 while your party member was out on a bar proposition mission.

I ran into a bug while playing my PSX version of FFT. I was using a Gil boost hack, and all of a sudden it kept freezing while I was buying in a shop. Weird thing is it wasn't a 100% freeze. It would freeze for about 30 seconds, then I could move around. As long as I stayed in the shop it would be slow. If I went outside the shop it would have various parts of my graphics all jacked up, but it would run just fine. I tried a completely different Gil hack that used a different memory address and it was the same issue. So I went to another town and tried a different shop and I noticed that the issue still existed at a different town on a different item.

So I was buying 99 of all items, because I wanted to make a master game file that was vanilla as possible with only special items being those not in 99 supply. I noticed one of the items I was buying had a 01/00 quantity in my inventory, and it was one of the items that was giving me the issue. As you know, the left number is for the number equipped and the right number is for the number left in your inventory. I unequipped the item, and it changed to a 00/00 value. Then I went into my inventory list and attempted to drop the item, and I had a 100 quantity!

So this is why the shop was bugging when I went in, because the value was too high. I dropped one of the items and it returned to a 99 value, which fixed my game. I tried to replicate the issue by equipping the item again and trying to buy more of that item, but the shop still recognized it as a 99 value, so I could only have 98 in my inventory since one was equipped.

I then noticed that I had the two items on the same character. I had placed that character on a proposition mission in the bar, and left them there for a while as I moved from act 2 to act 3. I'm not sure if the bug exists only when moving across acts, but it definitely has to do with maxing out 99 quantity of an item that your party member is using while they are out on a job. Even if you don't remove the item when they get back it increases the total quantity to over 99, which causes the unstable issue.
  • Modding version: PSX