Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 04:15:44 AM 
Started by Mike - Last post by CONMAN
Sweet! Thank you Mike.  I love having alt sprite colors for use in randoms or signify character progression. 

I think I'll take a look at some of your effects (who doesn't love new effects).  Going to take a while to get to a look.  Too bad we don't have a way to preview them.  Some I can make guesses about what I'll see and others ... not a clue!

thanks again.

on: April 25, 2018, 10:24:27 PM 
Started by Mike - Last post by Mike
Hey everybody. how you all holding up?

I have something to share, it's one of my early experiments on effect files, also, i'm gonna leave some of my recolored sprites i used to have when i was working on my project, anyway, feel free to give it a run sometimes later.

on: April 25, 2018, 06:44:55 PM 
Started by Magic Gladii - Last post by Magic Gladii
Even 3-5 responses would be more than enough to decide.

I feel the same about the original translation. However, I am surprised about the immense number of plot details I missed considering how many times I've played through the game. :P

I am fully aware of the amount of time I would need to commit to this... I just need to relearn event editing.

Are there other translations I can use for Tutorials, Brave Story, Spell Quotes and all of the SELECT menus? Sugnuf's only covers the story and sidequest events.

on: April 25, 2018, 03:16:09 PM 
Started by Magic Gladii - Last post by Elric
You might be discouraged by poll results as we are a very small community.

Personally, i grewup with the psx translation and i love it, every derp is what feels right to me. The translation you speak of just felt a bit contrived at times, to me, and a bit too serious. Its been 5 or 6 years, so id have to read it again to know what actually put me off on it.

If this is something you are serious about doing, then you need to realize that you will be editing every single existing event script, i hope you are prepared for something like that lol

on: April 25, 2018, 12:15:32 PM 
Started by Magic Gladii - Last post by Magic Gladii
I'll take it on then. :P

I plan to keep the PS1 names (I mean come on, who would choose "Knights of the Northern Sky" over "Hokuten Knights"?). Or I could create a poll and get people to vote...

Probably not my business, but... what is it you didn't like about it?

on: April 25, 2018, 10:49:21 AM 
Started by formerdeathcorps - Last post by RavenCurow
You are right! Haha! Don't I look the fool now. I forgot to do the exponent on the faith formula first. So the only one wrong is the un-truth formula, and since floating points don't work then my formula probably isn't correct from a code stand point either.

I understand where you are coming from. I didn't make the post as a criticism, but rather a bug report. Just a small thing that is easily fixed through the resources.zip for one that knows what they are doing. I already corrected it for my download, but thought I'd throw it out there for a future update if and when that happens.

on: April 25, 2018, 09:49:59 AM 
Started by formerdeathcorps - Last post by Xifanie
I mean, you're not wrong, but you're also not right...

In PSX games and thus FFT, floating points do not exist. So 99/100 (or 0.99) is 0.

I know that the faith formula is wrong in that regard, but from a mathematical perspective, your "correct" formula is the same thing as mine... Maybe you forgot about the priority of operations that you learned in school? Exponents come before nearly much anything else.

The issue is that I never based the formulas off actual code. Someone would really need to go through all the documented code and properly document all the ability/weapon formulas, but no one has ever done it in the 10 years FFH has existed, so I doubt it will ever happen.

on: April 25, 2018, 04:37:30 AM 
Started by Magic Gladii - Last post by Elric
I thought about doing it at one point, until i read it and realized i hated it xD

on: April 25, 2018, 04:05:17 AM 
Started by formerdeathcorps - Last post by RavenCurow
Should I post anything I find wrong with the FFTPatcher in here or is that somewhere else now? I know this page is almost a year old, but it seems to be the continued thread for it. I just noticed a couple things in the patcher that are incorrect and may be confusing to new people using it that wouldn't otherwise know.

1. Formula 1F for Malak's Un-Truth skills shows an incorrect formula. In patch it shows,
1F Dmg_((100-CasF)*(100-TarF)*(MA+Y)*Ma/2)

which is incorrect and Malak would be breaking all kinds of damage limits if it were correct lol. The correct formula is as follows,

1F Dmg_((1-CasF/100)*(1-TarF/100)*((MA+Y)*Ma/2).

2. I've found that in the tips box for the Faith forumla it lists F as F=CasF*TarF/100^2 which is also incorrect.
The faith formula is actually F=(CasF/100)*(TarF/100)

I'm not sure if someone has already pointed this out somewhere in here as I didn't thoroughly look through the other pages. I just figured I wouldn't mention it in case it hadn't. If it has then you can ignore this.

on: April 24, 2018, 10:45:42 PM 
Started by Magic Gladii - Last post by Angel
It was once something I wanted to do, but then it shifted into wanting to do my own translation, which then became having no free time to do either while working on other things... But no, to my knowledge, nobody's done it yet.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10