• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:31:44 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[Old] Boss only-skills, Need suggestions!

Started by Dome, August 31, 2011, 06:04:19 am

Dome

August 31, 2011, 06:04:19 am Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 01:15:26 pm by Dome
Re-organizing the Skills, I noticed that there are 4 skills left unused in FFT: Plus!
I'd like to turn them into boss-only skills, used only by the Zodiacs (And by bosses in the Deep Dungeon)

Any suggestion?

1.3 already introduced a skill called Awakening:
Every enemy on the field will be resurrected with 100% health (Used by Zodiacs with minions)

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Joseph Strife

August 31, 2011, 06:44:44 am #1 Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 08:30:43 am by Dome
Wow, 4! I think Awekening is already a pain in the ass for bosses with minions (except Zarela, he comes with undead minions).
Maybe for Zalera a skill that go for Damage, since this far in the game you sure has some protection for many status.
For Lonely bosses, just give them Critical: Quicken and it should just be hard enough, that skil can go status for those bosses, maybe a combination of Haste+Don't Act+Poison, or Silence+Don't Move.
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

wemustexpandordie

I don't suppose its possible to make a spell that creates more minors, is it?

Dome

Quote from: wemustexpandordie on August 31, 2011, 01:47:46 pm

Sadly, you are right

Joseph Strife

Quote from: wemustexpandordie on August 31, 2011, 01:47:46 pm

That would indeed be AWESOME!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"

Stretch

Awakening sounds good for Velius. Zalera should come with some buffs for his undead minions- they tend to go down easy, being petrified or itemed to death. Something like Legion: Haste and Regen on all allies, not on self. For Queklain, a close range bad breath attack for his stomach-mouth sprite; Fetid Breath: adds confuse and frog 100%, and other statuses at 25%, but not stop or petrify. I just like seeing the confused frog animation. For Adramelk, Steal Time: Sets the target's CT to 0 and casts stop, cast haste on self.

Hashmalum already has the rare Quake and Tornado spells, right? He's fine as is.
Yeah, right

Joseph Strife

Quote from: Stretch on August 31, 2011, 04:51:52 pm
Zalera should come with some buffs for his undead minions- they tend to go down easy, being petrified or itemed to death. Something like Legion: Haste and Regen on all allies, not on self.

Won't giving regen to undead make them lose hp instead of healing?! I think that not a good idea, maybe other buff

Stretch

Nope, Regen heals everything, at least on my units. Using the Cursed Ring and Regen is a powerful combination.
Yeah, right

Joseph Strife

wemustexpandordie

September 02, 2011, 10:44:38 am #9 Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 02:39:09 pm by wemustexpandordie
ok here's an idea, there could be 'minor statues' set out for one of the battles and a boss could have the ability to unpetrify.

I mean you could just use another spell, if you wanted to do something like this, but i don't think you want it's name or animation.

To be more detailed i was thinking a move just like Galaxy Stop from Olan but instead the boss is unpretrifying his men.
Of course its a lot simpler to have a move that targets one minor at a time, if done that way i would use an animation like dark holy.

Dome

September 06, 2011, 05:26:30 am #10 Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 05:54:54 am by Dome
Ok, so far I made those 2 skills

Decay (100% Undead + Poison, hits all the enemies on the field) Queklain skill
Corruption (100% Charm/Death Sentence/Innocent on a single enemy unit, can target any enemy unit) Velius skill

Zalera will probably have the skill that greatly buffs the undeads (Ghost MS)
The lion king is fine with Melt/Tornado/Quake

Eternal

Undead + Poison on all seems a little harsh. I'd at least make it M-EVDable.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dome

Quote from: Eternal248 on September 06, 2011, 05:31:28 am
Undead + Poison on all seems a little harsh. I'd at least make it M-EVDable.

YOUR WORDS ARE HARSH! (Anyway, Queky lost Raise 2, he can only use raise now)

Eternal

Regardless, that still makes your party unable to Cure/Potion/etc, from his other attacks. And should they die, there's a good chance that they're screwed. Just my opinion, at least. :P
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dome

Quote from: Eternal248 on September 06, 2011, 06:01:54 am
Regardless, that still makes your party unable to Cure/Potion/etc, from his other attacks. And should they die, there's a good chance that they're screwed. Just my opinion, at least. :P

Well, some testing will let us know if the fight is too easy/hard

Augestein

Quote from: Dome on September 06, 2011, 06:03:20 am
Well, some testing will let us know if the fight is too easy/hard

Despell (the one that removes a lot of status effects) from the Sage should be able to handle that. It removes Undead at the very least. Poison, while annoying, can at least be counter by placing regen on yourself again. That said, hitting the entire field is ridiculous. A large AoE surrounding him would be cool though. As half of the fight is made irritating by the obsession with trying to make you undead. And I'd rather deal with that, because I ended up juggling a person to cure undead, which worked out fine with some management.