• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:40:07 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Introducing "Proper" — (v1.10 released 10/28/17!)

Started by johnmyster, August 15, 2017, 02:49:03 am

johnmyster

Quote from: wuwuwu on August 30, 2017, 08:01:28 pm
  FFT Proper v1.01 has Speed Save and non-charge and Accumulate! They are Too strong!

Lionheart's reply pretty much hits the mark.
A few enemies have non-charge in very late Chapter 4, but the battles are balanced in other ways to be perfectly beatable.

Quote from: wuwuwu on August 30, 2017, 11:31:22 pm
  FFT Proper v1.01:Spin Fist can't miss and Lancer Innate Ignore Height and Concentrate are Too strong! Axes and Flails should no longer random damage!

Spin Fist still isn't really the strongest ability...
Lancers are ok, there are ways to deal with them... or just use your own if you really feel they're that powerful.
Axes and Flails, eh... yeah, perhaps they should do consistent damage but at least they offer something different than the other thousand weapon types.
  • Modding version: PSX
FFT Proper v1.10 released 10/28/17!
Proper Rebalances, ramps up difficulty, and adds variety to battles.

wuwuwu

Lionheart537

Quote from: wuwuwu on August 31, 2017, 05:14:25 am
  FFT Proper v1.01 should delete Summoner's Golem。

That's actually a fair idea. Not sure if you're aware John, but  Golem breaks the ai and gives them 7 extra chromosomes. This post explains and provides a halfway solution to the problem if you're interested. http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10381.msg220734#msg220734
Or leave it as is or give it only to the Ai. As always i only present friendly suggestions and opinions  :D

EDIT: Also Wuwuwu you should seriously provide reasoning and constructive comments over complaints
It's not much yet but check out my spriting thread!
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=11772.0
Here's a look at my vanilla mod thread, progressing one step at a time!
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=11785.0

johnmyster

Proper v1.02 Released!

Changes:
Female Knight in Zaland Fort City is now male to avoid sprite limit bugs, and is now properly set to immortal due to "cheated" gun equipped.

All story battle enemies with primary skillsets that differ from what one would normally expect are now a different palette from their allies. Ex: Monk with primary skillset of Talk Skill is a different palette than the "normal" monk he's teamed up with. Hopefully this will reduce any confusion and frustration when facing such enemies.

Proposition base rewards for JP toned down slightly. Instead of +100% (double) that of vanilla, they are +80%.

Text Changes:
Move in Water, Gil Taking, Self Destruct, and Holy descriptions fixed.
Face Up renamed to Faith Up. Equip Knife renamed to Equip Katana.
Frog and Stop status descriptions fixed.

------------------------------------

Main Post updated with Poaching/Move-Find Item, Proposition, and Zodiac changes in Proper that were previously undocumented.

------------------------------------

Quote from: wuwuwu on August 31, 2017, 05:14:25 am
  FFT Proper v1.01 should delete Summoner's Golem。

Quote from: Lionheart537 on August 31, 2017, 05:35:14 am
That's actually a fair idea. Not sure if you're aware John, but  Golem breaks the ai and gives them 7 extra chromosomes. This post explains and provides a halfway solution to the problem if you're interested. http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10381.msg220734#msg220734
Or leave it as is or give it only to the Ai. As always i only present friendly suggestions and opinions  :D

EDIT: Also Wuwuwu you should seriously provide reasoning and constructive comments over complaints

I'll look into fixing Golem for the next version. The AI can actually *miss* Golem as well. Such a troublesome ability. :P

Bonesy

My only real complaint at this point is I wanted to grind before going to Sweegy and can't because the only random encounters I find are ridiculous.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386

johnmyster

Quote from: Bonesy on September 05, 2017, 10:19:55 pm
My only real complaint at this point is I wanted to grind before going to Sweegy and can't because the only random encounters I find are ridiculous.

Try using a wizard or two. Especially if you have 60+ faith females. Ice still wrecks goblins, and black magic will pick off other troublesome enemies as well. If you don't have any wizards unlocked, just bring a couple chemists to Sweegy.

A good early-game composition is:

Knight
Squire or Archer or Knight
Wizard
Wizard or Chemist
Chemist or Priest.

If you don't have any wizards or priests,

Knight
Knight
Archer
Chemist
Chemist

is good too.

If you have nothing unlocked, try three male squires and two chemists.

Either way, spamming potions should help you outlast the enemy in most random encounters early on. Put item secondary on at least 2-3 party members and remember that knights have innate defense up. Try to find/make a female high-faith Priest that has good compatibility with your party for some AoE heals and buffs. Cure is very fast and only costs 4 MP in Proper.

Best of luck,

- johnmyster

Andre Pratama

somewhat bored with sprite ramza maybe for some people agree with my question
if you do not mind i want to sprite ramza in replace with the others

3lric

Quote from: Andre Pratama on September 06, 2017, 04:01:41 pm

You can't just change the Ramza sprite in a non story mod. Most EVTCHR rely on the sprite and it will look wonky as hell in most cutscenes

Xifanie

Quote from: Elric on September 06, 2017, 04:18:41 pm
You can't just change the Ramza sprite in a non story mod. Most EVTCHR rely on the sprite and it will look wonky as hell in most cutscenes

Don't know what you're talking about, I'm looking at this page and only see ~230 Ramza frames in there:
http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Event_Instruction_58#EVTCHR_Slot_:_Byte_.28hex.29

This is super easy for someone extremely dedicated, with artistic talent and lots of time to spare!
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Ivory_Knight

First of all. Hi.
I am new to the forums but i have known about the forum and the FFT Hacking community for some time when i was younger.

I wanted to say that i find your mod really well done and i have enjoyed playing it. Thank you so much for your work on it.

I am already at the start of chapter 3 and i wanted to give some comments about my experience so far:

1) I believe that both random encounters and storyline encounters are from the most part well done and provide a better challenge and expierence compared to vanilla.

2) I really like the fact that storyline battles have static leveled enemies instead of the usual modding approach of making it variable. This allow the player to choose the difficulty of the game in a more dynamic way as you can choose how much you want to grind (if at all).

3) As pointed out in gamefaqs, there are some sprite glitches in the story battles. This is just a minor problem but it kinds of take you out of the experience.

4) It looks like the fur shop ASM consider the broken and stolen enemy items also. So i think it would be a good idea to remove it.

Overall, the issues or glitches in the game don´t hurt much the expierience and the improvements made by the mod. Again, thank you so much for your work on it.

Bonesy

I think my problem is I'm so used to being able to roll whatever (usually 3-4 attack chars and 1-2 magic/utility chars) that I don't think to shake it up lol. I'll probably fiddle around with party composition next time I play.

3lric

Quote from: Xifanie on September 06, 2017, 05:15:01 pm
Don't know what you're talking about, I'm looking at this page and only see ~230 Ramza frames in there:
http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Event_Instruction_58#EVTCHR_Slot_:_Byte_.28hex.29

This is super easy for someone extremely dedicated, with artistic talent and lots of time to spare!

xD

johnmyster

Quote from: Andre Pratama on September 06, 2017, 04:01:41 pm

Beyond the scope of this mod. Sure, I attempted to use Shishi sprite editor but wasn't a fan of the time needed or the learning curve.

Quote from: Ivory_Knight on September 07, 2017, 08:49:34 am
First of all. Hi.
I am new to the forums but i have known about the forum and the FFT Hacking community for some time when i was younger.

I wanted to say that i find your mod really well done and i have enjoyed playing it. Thank you so much for your work on it.

I am already at the start of chapter 3 and i wanted to give some comments about my experience so far:

1) I believe that both random encounters and storyline encounters are from the most part well done and provide a better challenge and expierence compared to vanilla.

2) I really like the fact that storyline battles have static leveled enemies instead of the usual modding approach of making it variable. This allow the player to choose the difficulty of the game in a more dynamic way as you can choose how much you want to grind (if at all).

3) As pointed out in gamefaqs, there are some sprite glitches in the story battles. This is just a minor problem but it kinds of take you out of the experience.

4) It looks like the fur shop ASM consider the broken and stolen enemy items also. So i think it would be a good idea to remove it.

Overall, the issues or glitches in the game don´t hurt much the expierience and the improvements made by the mod. Again, thank you so much for your work on it.

Thanks! Yes, static levels and the player being able to choose their difficulty is very much core to the experience of Proper.

Ah, so that's what someone meant when they said the ASM was buggy. I'll consider removing it in the next patch.

Thanks again for your support,

- johnmyster

Andre Pratama

yes that's true elric

whether the ramza job name can be replaced eg a heretic with additional ability, raise or maybe with another, thanks jhonemyster has responded to my question.

NYR

This patch looks amazing. I want to give it a try so bad! It has been a while since I have played FFT (either vanilla or a mod). Only problem is I am having a heck of a time getting this patch to work on my MacBook.

I remember when I was playing 1.3 that some of the ROMs wouldn't work with the patch. I must have tried 4-5 different ROMs and I still can't get it to run.

I am using the multi patcher tool, I have tried both PCSXR and Open Emu and every time I try to load it on PCSXR it says "The operation couldn't be completed. Could not check CD-ROM! "

Problem is, I am telling it to run the ISO, not the CD drive. I kept thinking it was a ROM issue but I have tried a few different versions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated because I really, really want to play Proper.

johnmyster

Quote from: Andre Pratama on September 08, 2017, 01:05:46 pm
yes that's true elric

whether the ramza job name can be replaced eg a heretic with additional ability, raise or maybe with another, thanks jhonemyster has responded to my question.

Those changes can be made in about two minutes. FFTPatcher > Skillsets > Add raise to Ramza's three jobs. (Ch. 1, Ch. 2-3, and Ch. 4 are different jobs).

Quote from: NYR on September 13, 2017, 09:31:35 pm
This patch looks amazing. I want to give it a try so bad! It has been a while since I have played FFT (either vanilla or a mod). Only problem is I am having a heck of a time getting this patch to work on my MacBook.

I remember when I was playing 1.3 that some of the ROMs wouldn't work with the patch. I must have tried 4-5 different ROMs and I still can't get it to run.

I am using the multi patcher tool, I have tried both PCSXR and Open Emu and every time I try to load it on PCSXR it says "The operation couldn't be completed. Could not check CD-ROM! "

Problem is, I am telling it to run the ISO, not the CD drive. I kept thinking it was a ROM issue but I have tried a few different versions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated because I really, really want to play Proper.

Try this:
Rename/change the file extension from .bin to .ISO you should be able to click the .ISO file.

NYR

Will give that a try. I finally bought parallels as well as a cheap copy of Windows 10 last night so maybe I'll just give it a try on the Windows side if I can't get it to work.

johnmyster

Quote from: NYR on September 15, 2017, 11:50:47 am
Will give that a try. I finally bought parallels as well as a cheap copy of Windows 10 last night so maybe I'll just give it a try on the Windows side if I can't get it to work.

Any luck?

NYR

Yes!! I am loving this so far!

I have been stuck at Izlude for quite a while. Man, he is one tough SOB. One thing I noticed, the amount of HP for the Crystal Helmet is off.

Another update:

Finally beat Izlude but I am giving up at Grog hill. Multiple characters with blade grasp + Hamedo. Chemists with 2 mythril guns? That isn't a fun kind of challenge. It is an "not sure if I want to play this anymore time of challenge". Some of these battles are way more difficult than FFT 1.3.

Bonesy

to everyone: Log which battles you're having trouble with and why, I think Proper is more likely to get updated with fixes/rebalances etc than crappy ol fft 1.3 at this point