• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:58:00 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Cant change job sprites

Started by Lilcorymuzik, May 18, 2014, 06:35:42 pm

Lilcorymuzik

When I change the Male knight sprite the enemy knight darkens into a black silhouette. I'm trying to change the look of the knight job but cannot fix this glitch. Enemies appear to use the same sprite but different pallette. Could I create a new pallette? How?

Angel

The answer is as simple as the question; copy the existing palette to other slots and edit the colors.

Without giving a full tutorial on using Graphics Gale to accomplish this, there's a very usable palette editor here. Also, this belongs in the Help forum. Which also has answers to any spriting question one can ask, and pinned topics for useful tools, as well as helpful tutorials. Don't even need to search, really. Raven et al did all that for you.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Lilcorymuzik

I want to use myan sprite in place of original knight job sprite. but whn i do it makes ALL enemy knights dark because there is but one pallete for that custom sprite.

Jumza

Quote from: Toshiko on May 18, 2014, 08:41:14 pm
The answer is as simple as the question; copy the existing palette to other slots and edit the colors.

Please re-read Toshiko's post and try to follow what she's showing you. The answer is right there.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Lilcorymuzik

I've tried to use the copy feature on the pallette editor but it doesn't copy anything. When opening the Male Knight sprite BMP, it lists single poses of each type to the right (Hokuten, Death corps...) The Myan sprite, looking similar to Gaff, that I'm trying to use has only one pallette. I don't know how to copy these pallettes or sprites. Copy single, copy row. Thanks!

Celdia

This is out of the thread you get Palette Editor from:

Quote from: Xifanie on October 05, 2009, 07:01:09 pm
There are 3 palette edit modes:
Copy Row: Drag and drop to copy an entire palette row.
Copy Single: Drag and drop to copy a single palette color.

Color Edit: Double click the color to change its RGB values.

I have never used the program before (as I prefer to use image editing software such as GraphicsGale and Photoshop) and I had it figured out in about ten seconds. I honestly do not understand how this could be made more clear without giving you a video showing someone doing it.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Lilcorymuzik

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems all the pallette editor does is alter colors. The sprite is fine the way it is. The enemy uses the same sprite except its pallettes 2-5 instead of the players 1st pallette. Since the Myan Sprite (included on this site) has but one pallette the others are entirely blank. So when the game draws from those blank pallettes, you get a sillhouette of the sprite entirely black. At the moment I have no way to screenshot the glitch. My temporary fix is to replace simon with male knight then change every single enemy knight to simon. But this will cause problems later when the invitation skill is used. Has no one had this error? Please help as this is the only thing stopping me from designing my own story. Been playing FFT since I was 5 years old (in 1996). Thanks!

Xifanie

Fucking really?

REALLY?

You've been answered 3 times, with clear, concise answers. What do you do? Ignore what everyone has said, and create a new topic in a different section...

What the hell? Do you really think you're going to get a better answer?
Can you seriously not figure this out on your own? It's like you're waiting for someone to come up and say "Here, I'll do it for you."

I would strongly suggest that you give up on video game hacking. It is clearly not suited for you.
Go ahead and design your story; it won't make it past that point. I don't see how you need a sprite to design a story anyway.

It's not an error, it's not a glitch, it's your own damn mistake.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Lilcorymuzik

May 21, 2014, 01:48:39 am #8 Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 02:35:51 am by Lilcorymuzik
You did not have to be a richard dick. Anyways, in case anyone runs into this problem here is the soloution. Do not try to copy the sprites, that is not the case. Also, pressing the copy buttons does not copy the palette. You must choose Copy Row, select any color and drag it to the next slot below thus creating the new enemy palettes.

Lilcorymuzik

May 21, 2014, 01:59:47 am #9 Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 02:48:49 am by Lilcorymuzik
Been stuck on this for weeks. SMH... So stupid of me to think you all meant to drag and drop sprites in a program meant for palettes.

Lilcorymuzik

May 21, 2014, 02:11:19 am #10 Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 02:46:19 am by Lilcorymuzik
Copy Row>Drag & Drop color to new slot (palette window) > Refresh List (Scripts window)

You will most of the time want to ensure there are at least 5 palettes in the Demo window.

Any more than 5 may result in RAM issues, unsure of that though. I will test it later and post a reply if I find any issues of that nature.