• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:31:14 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[Old] FFT: Plus battle logs

Started by Dome, August 09, 2011, 07:32:30 pm

Dome

August 09, 2011, 07:32:30 pm Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 06:03:17 am by Dome

B A T T L E L O G S

Welcome to the FFT: Plus Battle and Challenge discussion. Need help? Ask!
Here you can share your battles in video, text, or picture format.

VIDEO CHANNELS
Wizdaddy714 [Story playthrough]

Youtube How-To Guide!

1) Find capture program.
PC: Camtasia or Fraps
MAC: iShowU or SnapzProX

2) Config the program.
Record at 30 FPS. Set quality to the highest you can afford without your
system seeing any slowdowns. Enable microphone recording if you want
to record your voice. Save the video when it's done. Filesize might be huge,
this is normal. It's a raw video source.

3) Download DivX Converter. (Or use an editing program.)
http://www.divx.com/

4) Encode your video for High Quality.
Run the raw video file through DivX Converter.
Select the following settings:
- High Def Profile
- Advanced Settings: Video
-- Custom Resize: 640x480 OR 720 x 360 if you want to stretch the video to 16:9
and use all of Youtube's wide screen player. Might want to add black borders to avoid stretching.
FFT's native resolution is 4:3, not 16:9
-- Framerate: 30.000
-- Interlacing: Doesn't Matter
- Advanced Settings: Codec
-- Encode Performance: Insane Quality
-- Encode Mode: 2-Pass, 3000 + kbps
-- Max Keyframe Interval: 30
-- Quantization: H.263 Optimized
- Advanced Settings: Audio
-- Audio: MP3
-- Format: 256+ kbps 48000+ hz

NOTE: For HD Youtube Video, do:
-- Custom Resize: 1280x720 OR 1920 x 1280
-- This will make a bigger final file, though (file size wise).

5) Upload to Youtube!

Epsxe FFT Settings:

VIDEO:
Plugin: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Window mode
- Internal X resolution: 1
- Internal Y resolution: 1
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off
- No render-to-texture: off

- Filtering: 0
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- TexWin pixel shader: off
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: on
- FPS limit: 170.0

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 0
- Framebuffer effects: 1
- Framebuffer uploads: 0

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Mdec filter: off
- Screen filtering: off
- Shader effects: 0/1
- Flicker-fix border size: 0
- GF4/XP crash fix: off
- Game fixes: off [00000000]

AUDIO:

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Joseph Strife

Great topic, i would record my battles, but i can't record videos no matter how i try, must be something with my notebook configuration and hardware. Hope we get testers that can record and show us everything we need
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Dome

August 09, 2011, 07:37:47 pm #2 Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 07:39:17 pm by Dome
Quote from: Joseph Strife on August 09, 2011, 07:35:50 pm
Great topic, i would record my battles, but i can't record videos no matter how i try, must be something with my notebook configuration and hardware. Hope we get testers that can record and show us everything we need

Pics of the battle or walls or text are still welcome here :-)
Quote from: Dome on August 09, 2011, 07:32:30 pm
Here you can share your battles in video, text, or picture format

Joseph Strife

Yeah, I'll make a ful report on my game once i begin it serious, now i'm play it just for testing. I'll make it by chapters, that way it doesn't has too many posts  :P
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"

Dome

Quote from: Joseph Strife on August 09, 2011, 07:39:36 pm
Yeah, I'll make a ful report on my game once i begin it serious, now i'm play it just for testing. I'll make it by chapters, that way it doesn't has too many posts  :P

Be sure to playtest on the final version and not on the beta :-)

Joseph Strife

Dome

August 10, 2011, 05:56:35 am #6 Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 05:57:46 am by Dome
FFT: Plus intro battle - A new adventure begins!

Link to the playlist of the full video Playthrough

Dome

Dome

Dome

Dome

Eternal

Would you mind putting the videos in spoilers? That way it doesn't take up so much room. :P
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Joseph Strife

August 13, 2011, 09:26:49 pm #12 Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 08:05:34 pm by Joseph Strife
Yeah, so, i just started playing this serious way so i'm gonna post here and update this post with what i've played so far, i'll make one post by Chapters, which obviously means it will take 4 posts to finish my battle log.

Chapter 1:

Orbone Monastery: So, this battle is hell of easy, using Ramza for sandbagging is the key to make it simple, but it isn't that hard if you don't sandbag
Magic City Gariland: This was a little more hard but i've made it out good, a few potions and i've gone through it well.
Mandalia Plains: Same thing as Gariland.
Sweegy Woods: Here delita and algus were realy helpful, since this battle is only monsters and FFT:+ monsters are strong as hell, potions all the way and the gil problem starts to rise.
Sector 7 Slums, ops, Dorter Trade City: Yeah, Archers are MEAN! Damn they all the way, luck thing i had a chemist and a knight.
Sand Rat Cellar: Iron Sword was realy helpful and some magic, burned everyone with fire :twisted:
Thieves Hideout: Speed problem here, these thief's sure can go for some damage, but i've managed them with some luck. Starting to get desperate about gil.
Lenalia Plateau: This was easier than expected, my archer made a quick work of everyone that was charging something.
Windmill: This was easier than frist battle, some hits and Wiegraf was down.
Fort Zeakden: Again my Archer came to my rescue, shooting like crazy from top of the high building.
That was Chapter 1, see you in Chapter 2!  :D

EDIT: Battlelog for Chapter 1 is complete!

Dome

Quote from: Eternal248 on August 13, 2011, 07:52:21 am
Would you mind putting the videos in spoilers? That way it doesn't take up so much room. :P

I do, they look awesome the way they are now >_>

@Joseph Strife
Yeah, first battles are very easy (Gariland can become difficult if you are too reckless, though...)
It's normal, Ch1 is supposed to be a huge tutorial for the game after all :-)

Dome

Joseph Strife

Yeah Dome, Ch. should teach all things you nedd to learn (good or bad way), anyways i think i have figured out how to record gameplay videos at my notebook, if i realy can it put the link to my channel here as well, videos are better than just words i think.

Dome

Quote from: Joseph Strife on August 15, 2011, 06:33:00 pm
Yeah Dome, Ch. should teach all things you nedd to learn (good or bad way), anyways i think i have figured out how to record gameplay videos at my notebook, if i realy can it put the link to my channel here as well, videos are better than just words i think.

That's awesome!
When you start uploading videos, post the link here and I'll update the first post to put your channel :-)

Joseph Strife

Okay, but i'm still having problems, actualy, i'm uploading a test video right now and i'll open a topic at the help section to get feed back from comunity if it is good, the sound, the image, etc.
My net here in Brazil isn't good so don't expect many updates, i'll be uploading them slowly. :|

Dome

Quote from: Joseph Strife on August 15, 2011, 07:44:58 pm
Okay, but i'm still having problems, actualy, i'm uploading a test video right now and i'll open a topic at the help section to get feed back from comunity if it is good, the sound, the image, etc.
My net here in Brazil isn't good so don't expect many updates, i'll be uploading them slowly. :|

Slow but steady wins the race
Just care about the video quality, you can always remove sound and put commentary/random music (Like I do)

Joseph Strife

Yeah, i think i may have solved the problem but i still need to check it