• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:11:23 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Skillsets

Started by VincentCraven, March 23, 2008, 09:31:47 pm

VincentCraven

March 23, 2008, 09:31:47 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
So like, there are lots of skills in each of these, with lots of aspects in each. Dunno how you planned to tackle this (karsten), but I'll list the BIG changes I think need to be pointed out in each skillset. Or maybe just problems with some.

Basic Skill - I know it's the base class, but surely we can do better than this. Dash and Throw Stone need to be more stable if possible.
Battle Skill - equipment breakage ignores evasion, but can still miss
Charge - CTR = X+1 for Charge +X, except +7 is 7, +10 is 9, and +20 is 12
Punch Art - Spin Fist - 2v2; Repeating Fist - 1v2, 1...11*PA; Earth Slash - 5v2
Steal -
Elemental -
Jump -
Draw Out - Holy Sword formula, Y=0; all offensive and add status http://auritech.byethost13.com/viewtopic.php?p=3368#3368
Throw -

Item -
White Magic - holy elemental, a bit weaker and high lv skills faster
Black Magic - bit weaker and high lv skills faster
Yin-Yang Magic - more accurate
Time Magic -
Blue Magic - idk
Summon - slower, cost more MP
Red Magic - low lv Blk/Whi and maybe Haste?

Sing - does not work when silenced, a bit faster
Dance -
Mimic - cannot mimic Invitation since that is a Ramza only skill now

Does anyone really care to see all the small details? We'll have to deal with them sometime karsten.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

karsten

March 24, 2008, 04:48:29 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
i think that those changes are quite ok.

charge is quite better now. we should make up some extra skill for squire too....

i wouldn't change elemental. its range it's crazy and can add various stats.

concerning throws, i would make throwing swords, spears, axes and such costier abilities. this way the ninjas in DD won't throw chaos blades and similar, and the class will be more balanced.

concerning red magic i would think of:
cure
cure 2
protect
shell
raise 1
esuna ?
fire/ice/bolt 1-2
poison
haste
slow

this would make up a skillset that is fast, not overpowered, and that someone might consider as secondary.

thoughts?

karsten

March 24, 2008, 05:06:17 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
i forgot about blue mage. this is the skillset i CAREFULLY tested in my patch (in which blue mage had the same multiplyers of geo):

Choco esuna
Choco Cure
Choco Meteor
Blow fire
thunder/aqua/ice/wind soul
mimic titan
lick
magic spirit
goblin punch
odd soundwave

the last 3 skills were empty. i think that maybe gigaflare and explode can be good candidates?

now a few words on the skills. all of them are not even close to being broken. choco cure will cure at max less than 200, choco meteor will strike for around 150-200 at higest levels (good for finishing kneeling units). as you can notice this skillset i made for my patch contains lots of elements:

winds/fire/ice/thunder/earth/water

that is made on purpouse, so that you can exploit the monster's weaknesses. it also have weak support skills.

in short is a funny class to use, that might need higher multipliers than other classes. also it should be interesting to have it as secondary; it'll allow you to alway act somehow.

share your thoughts

Kourama

March 24, 2008, 12:30:32 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
QuoteCharge - CTR = X+1 for Charge +X, except +7 is 7, +10 is 9, and +20 is 12

I don't know why but although Charge is better I can't seem to wrap my head around that being the Archer ability. I wouldn't be able to see myself using their abilities.

Charge - Same as using Charge +3

Aim Throat - Low Damage, Adds: Silence

Poison Arrow - Low Damage, Adds: Poison

Double Shot - Attacks twice with less damage and slightly lower accuracy

Can't think of anything else for now for Archer.

Quotei forgot about blue mage. this is the skillset i CAREFULLY tested in my patch (in which blue mage had the same multiplyers of geo):

Choco esuna
Choco Cure
Choco Meteor
Blow fire
thunder/aqua/ice/wind soul
mimic titan
lick
magic spirit
goblin punch
odd soundwave

The Blue Mage skills look good, but I've always been used to a more varied group of skills like one ability from a many different types of monsters. A couple of moves that would be nice additions I think are:

- Drain Touch
- Thunder/Ice Bracelet (instead of soul, the soul moves may be good for elemental weakness but they are far too weak to be useful most of the time)
- Some Ahriman move (Death Sentence, Bravery Down one)
- Self-Destruct (although you already mentioned it)
- One of the pig moves (The farting or snorting one are not bad, their raising one is pretty good to but a little broken as it is at the moment)

If new monsters are added, then one of their moves can be added as well to the Blue Mage skillset.

Austin

March 24, 2008, 03:50:46 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Austin
Here's my suggestion for the blue mage skillset, we probably should get around to deciding on a set everyone agrees with.
choco esuna
choco cure
goblin punch
self destruct
mind blast (confusion or berserk)
wind soul
death sentence
nose bracelet (charm)
protect spirit (add protect)
clam spirit (add shell)
mimic titan
blow fire
thunder bracelet
dark whisper
bad bracelet
giga flare

Thoughts? I tried to make it as interesting as I could.

And for red mage I agree with Karsten's list and also suggest adding in regen. Having haste and slow on him might be too good though, plus red mage usually means black+white, so time magic is a little out of place.
  • Modding version: PSX

karsten

March 25, 2008, 03:18:06 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
vincent? what do you think?

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

March 25, 2008, 09:22:15 am #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
For the squire, how about giving him one or two of the mediators abilities.  Perhaps, just the brave up and down aibilities, and call them "Battle Shout" and "Demoralize".

karsten

March 25, 2008, 11:11:37 am #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
no more brave/faith tinkering, sorry.

VincentCraven

March 25, 2008, 05:58:26 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Quote from: "karsten"vincent? what do you think?
Red Magic? I think no Time Magic because in FFT, the three characters that compose the Red Mage do not have Haste.

Minus that, your skillset looks good. Either way on Esuna, though I'd recommend against it if anything.

Blue Magic? I had a list but I dunno. Not every slot has to be filled:
Death Sentence
Bad Bracelet
Self Destruct
Odd Soundwave

^Skills that really should be there imo

Goblin Punch
Mimic Titan
Choco Esuna
Clam Spirit
Nose Bracelet
Level Blast

^Some that I remember having and that could work

Dark Whisper
Drain Touch
Blaster (a little tweaking so that it can be learned blue mage style)
Giga Flare?
Ultima (2)

^Some that are ¡overpowered? and used in FFT Sigma. We do need SOME late-learned good skills, but probably not that many.

Your skillset, karsten, looks a bit too centered on certain monsters.

Purple Magic? Wait... Charge. No need to give status effects. If anything, make Archer/longbows stronger/better.

okay, leaving elemental is fine.

Throw is based on 1) cost and 2) power.

karsten

March 26, 2008, 03:27:00 am #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
so for red mage
Quotecure
cure 2
protect
shell
raise 1
esuna
fire/ice/bolt 1-2
poison

and for blue mage:

QuoteDeath Sentence
Bad Bracelet
Self Destruct
Odd Soundwave
Goblin Punch
Mimic Titan
Choco Esuna
Clam Spirit
Choco Cure
Choco Meteor
giga flare
Blow fire
aqua/wind soul
lick
magic spirit  
thunder breath
choco meteor

does it sound right?

Asmo X

March 26, 2008, 03:36:15 am #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
Sounds ok but you've got Choco Meteor twice.

Aqua and Wind Soul are good choices I think. They're mostly ignored elements.

Sen

March 26, 2008, 05:51:53 am #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sen
Is it possibl learning them Blue Mage style? ...

karsten

March 26, 2008, 06:03:13 am #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
Quote from: "Sen"Is it possibl learning them Blue Mage style? ...

YES! 8)  this is one of the main reasons for having a blue mage !

VincentCraven

March 26, 2008, 07:47:39 am #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
In fact, only Blue Mage style (yes, we'll put the list somewhere in-game).

Red Magic looks good, but Blue Magic I'd say Aqua Soul over Wind Soul and Magic Spirit or Clam Spirit (in favor of Magic Spirit). I'd recommend against having 3 skills from Chocobo and suggest removing Choco Cure. Should Blue Mage be able to heal? If you want to replace either of those skills with something I'd recommend Zombie Touch and Triple Thunder.

Once you remove that 2nd choco meteor, we're at the limit (16) so if you like the skillset the way it is, we can just (roughly) reorder the skills in order of when the skills become available to learn. Skills will need to be altered (about 2x pwr?) before Blue Magic is ready.

[Edit: karsten, did you mean Wind Soul and Aqua Soul? If so, then that's fine.]

karsten

March 28, 2008, 07:40:34 am #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
Quote from: "VincentCraven"In fact, only Blue Mage style (yes, we'll put the list somewhere in-game).

Red Magic looks good, but Blue Magic I'd say Aqua Soul over Wind Soul and Magic Spirit or Clam Spirit (in favor of Magic Spirit). I'd recommend against having 3 skills from Chocobo and suggest removing Choco Cure. Should Blue Mage be able to heal? If you want to replace either of those skills with something I'd recommend Zombie Touch and Triple Thunder.

Once you remove that 2nd choco meteor, we're at the limit (16) so if you like the skillset the way it is, we can just (roughly) reorder the skills in order of when the skills become available to learn. Skills will need to be altered (about 2x pwr?) before Blue Magic is ready.

[Edit: karsten, did you mean Wind Soul and Aqua Soul? If so, then that's fine.]

yes i meant wind and aqua 8)

VincentCraven

March 29, 2008, 06:53:53 am #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
check

karsten

March 29, 2008, 09:57:11 am #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
what?  :?:

VincentCraven

March 29, 2008, 12:09:31 pm #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Check as in "I checked it off my list of things to do by adding it to the topic."

The topic already had replies so instead of deleting them I just added to your post.

huthutchuck

March 30, 2008, 03:35:27 pm #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by huthutchuck
I know some are against status effects for archer but I have a suggestion.  Since charge 20 is rarely used how about give it the chance to instant kill or inflict status:dead.  I'm also for a poison arrow. Poison is rarely used.

Austin

March 30, 2008, 03:41:22 pm #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Austin
If you can manage to pull off a charge+20 it's usually an instant kill anyways, assuming you have a good bow of course, so unless we were to make it 100% death there wouldn't be much reason to change it. And I think it'd be good to have a poison inflicting bow or two, but I don't really care too much about a tech that inflicts it. I'd rather just spend the turn attacking.
  • Modding version: PSX