• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 01:26:54 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

I need help re-creating a corrupted game save file

Started by Blackfhyre, June 26, 2013, 09:13:25 am

Blackfhyre

This is my first post on the forum, and I am sorry if my answer can be located elsewhere, but I have searched for a bit and could not find exactly what I am looking for. 

I have a game save file the became corrupted   :cry:

It had every item and all sorts of job classes and skills.... So I downloaded Lion Editor because I'm a computer guy and I thought it would be easy to do but I'm finding it isn't as easy as looks.  From what I understand, I need a lioneditor.bin file (which is the decrypted version of FFTA.SYS right?), then I need to modify and re-encrypt.  It looks like a can of worms.  Is there an easy way?  If there isn't, is there anyone that can help me out with this?  Everyone knows as well as I the countless hours it takes to trudge through Midlight's Deep, I could not believe my file was corrupted!

Many many many thanks in advance!!

Blackfhyre

I'm sorry, I should be more specific.  The FFT file is for the PSP.

I have both a PS vita and an original PSP-1001.

SilverRegret

dont know if this will help, but from another forum, i know a save data descripter that i often used to fix my corrupted savedata..kinda forgot how i did it but,
here's the file and the guide on how to fix it :

Instructions:

1. Extract FreeCheat to the root of your memory card
2. Extract SED to /PSP/GAME/
3. Follow instructions on readme to install freecheat.
4. Back up your corrupted save game to computer.
5. Start the game and start to create a new saved game.
Before you actually save the new game to the memory stick
you should press the note key which will bring up the freecheat console.
We need to tell freecheat to go into dump memory mode so when you savethe new game
it creates the files we need.
On the freecheat console go to Mem Manager -> SAVEDATE Manager -> Operate Mode -> Dump.
Now hit X to back out to where you can confirm to save the game. Save the game to the memory card.

6. Now exit the game and enable USB to browse your memory stick and go to /FreeCheat/SAVEDATA/
and you will see 2 files. I have:

ULES-xxxxx.key and ULES-xxxxx_0.sav

You only need to rename the ULES-xxxxx.key file to ULESxxxxx.bin removing the "-" and
renaming extention to .bin. Copy this file into /PSP/GAME/SED/gamekey directory on the memory stick.

7. Backup the new save game that you created from /PSP/SAVEDATA/ to your computer for later.

8. Copy/Replace your corrupted save game from computer back to /PSP/SAVEDATA/

9. Run SED and it will load a list of save games you have. Press /\ (Triangle) on your corrupted save game
and press O on the top option. Then select "Yes" and hit O again to decrypt your corrupted save game
to a .bin file on the root of the card.

10. Now copy/replace your new saved game
you backup on the computer back to the /PSP/SAVEDATA/ directory.
The directory of the saved game should match the name of the .bin file you just created.
If it doesnt rename the .bin file to match it.

11. Load up SED again and find the new saved game and Press /\ (Triangle) to bring up the options
and select the 2nd one down from the top and press O and select "Yes" and press O again.
This will encrypt the .bin file you just created into the newsaved game which is the old corrupted saved game info!

12. Now just start up the game and load your old save game that use to be corrupted!

i hope that could help you..

Blackfhyre

Thanks so much for your advise!!
I will try this when I get home tonight