• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 04:08:43 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

2nd FFT Arena Single Class Challenge AI Tournament

Started by Barren, August 11, 2015, 07:16:35 am

gatebuster202

Quote from: Corosar on August 26, 2015, 04:20:04 am
i use epsxe for my recording... thankfully i well.. found my haupauge rocket its been helping alot for recording!

Haupauge Rocket?? I'll assume it's a booster pack/program?
I'm currently on a binary recording system. Record the entire thing at normal/.5 speed due to derpy/semi-slow laptop. Then put it into AVS and make it 2.5 speed, layer commentary, then process to WMV. And upload. Hopefully, with a new emulator, I can get the GPU to configure properly, and can just unhinge the frame rate, and commentate at the same time. (Might have gotten everything done two nights ago, if I could have done that.) I also can't wander to far while the laptop records, incase my daughter, kitten, wife, or a program decideds to do something dumb.
I do, however, ignore the match in progress, minus those sweet sweet death cries.
  • Modding version: PSX
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

Corosar

no its a capture card... usually used to record video from a gaming console... my computer is so weak that if i used a software recorder instead my framerate would be 10fps instead of my current 40-60 fps... it helps out as i run it as though its a second monitor and running epsxe fullscreen on the second screen. produces rather clean video too. but its not cheap.. i got it for about $150 dollars as a gift a year ago... and completely forgot i had the thing.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Heroebal

slightly off-topic, but has anyone tried combining heretic + tans from ninjitsu (not sure if this would be better to ask here or just start a new thread). It seemed like a good idea on paper, but I can't seem to get the AI to use it on my thief team. I've even tried only giving the ninjistu thief just heretic and the tans and put them up against a high magic attacking team, they still won't use it.

Reks

Quote from: Heroebal on August 26, 2015, 01:05:57 pm
slightly off-topic, but has anyone tried combining heretic + tans from ninjitsu (not sure if this would be better to ask here or just start a new thread). It seemed like a good idea on paper, but I can't seem to get the AI to use it on my thief team. I've even tried only giving the ninjistu thief just heretic and the tans and put them up against a high magic attacking team, they still won't use it.

It IS a good idea. The bigger problem is, like you said, getting them to USE it.

It helps to have it anyway because against high-faith teams and being targeted, they WILL use it to protect themselves.

Also try pairing the Atheist Bow alongside the -Ton user for more damage.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Barren

August 26, 2015, 01:52:26 pm #184 Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 02:48:23 pm by Barren
If you look at one of TrueLight's teams unshakable faith his team is set for the ninja to cast heretic.

My anti oil ninjitsu is set up the same way. Make a lore unit that goes before your heretic unit that way the AI will use heretic onto him/herself
You dare cross blades with me?

gatebuster202

Quote from: Corosar on August 26, 2015, 11:16:50 am
no its a capture card... usually used to record video from a gaming console... my computer is so weak that if i used a software recorder instead my framerate would be 10fps instead of my current 40-60 fps... it helps out as i run it as though its a second monitor and running epsxe fullscreen on the second screen. produces rather clean video too. but its not cheap.. i got it for about $150 dollars as a gift a year ago... and completely forgot i had the thing.

I've considered this. But yeah, $150 is a bit much for me. (Double that and I have my next console.)

Heroebal

Thanks for the tips I'll try implementing them sometime

Elmdork

August 26, 2015, 10:16:16 pm #187 Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 10:21:41 pm by Rouroni Elmdor
Games with silentkaster are always bittersweet. I like to see him do well, but I like to win too. Definitely had a hand tied behind his back which left too many openings for me, but I also got really lucky with RNG. GG, man. Maybe we'll meet again on the doom train, I don't want anything to do with the remaining 3 teams in the winner's bracket, pretty sure they'll swipe me.

@skiploom: Hey don't tease me like that! You know I'm a fan. Great job this tournament, really kicking some ass this year.

@gatebuster: I'm gonna die long before you get a chance to kill me, so best of luck in the winners bracket!
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

gatebuster202

August 26, 2015, 11:50:25 pm #188 Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 12:07:20 am by gatebuster202
@ Rouroni, I don't know, I think you have a fair chance vs those squires. Just play keep away??(Well the AI has to anyway.)

Edit:
LB Match #15 https://youtu.be/DEW5reBIXBk

gatebuster202

Here is Match #16 Skiploom188 V Vigilanti
http://youtu.be/EXBjXM7j91I

Match 15 is above. GG to everyone, and the Doom Train is catching up! (Corosar, did my PM ever send?)

Reks

Quote from: gatebuster202 on August 26, 2015, 11:50:25 pm
@ Rouroni, I don't know, I think you have a fair chance vs those squires. Just play keep away??(Well the AI has to anyway.)

Edit:
LB Match #15 https://youtu.be/DEW5reBIXBk

It really does depend on what the AI decides to do.

My units block a lot of R.E.'s offense, and hit right past his own defenses, whether it's the high damage Southron Phoenix capable of one-hitting multiple units or the very quadratic first female Squire, or even the second one just interrupting spells or using Demi-Demi 2. And don't forget that they have Counter Magic.

He'll have his work cut out for him, but like anything in Arena there's always a chance to win.

gatebuster202

This is all true Reks, and your team of Squires is very well synergized. They don't separate, and get themselves killed. I'll be quite honest, in that I can't predict how this will go.

Heroebal

So far it looks like 2 Geos & squire, oracle squads left in winners bracket. Then oracle, wizard, time mage, thief, monk, samurai, bard, and
Mediators....meds will be tough for my bards.
left in losers bracket.

skiploom188

Those ninjas are a scary group, after all it sent DomieV to the doom train and also take out Dragonblade's Archer team which are ranged attackers. What I didn't expect was that guns, guns, and guns would stop them in their tracks. Mediators never even got the chance to talk to them. GG Vigilanti, I feel your loss too.

Skiploom is movin' on...

@Rouroni
Hehe you're right I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that. Guess I was caught in the moment oops. I'm really happy I made it this far. To be able to stay for longer in Arena is one thing I've always wanted to experience. You have taught me well  :D
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542
======================================================================

gatebuster202

@Skip v vigilanti
Three high damage, unevadeable, guns, and then a Romanda to snipe(literally) the weakened remainders. I was surprised when you got sent to the Doom Train, because I thought to myself, 4 Unevadeable damage sources, that hit for about 200, no way that loses.

As I said in my commentary, those guns were brutal. Any elemental absorb could have at least redirected certain gunners to new targets. I have time today to start recording parts of round four. So we can get caught up with the winner's bracket.

Vigilanti, it was good fun to see your ninjas beat the bejeezus out of everyone. Look forward to your next entry.

Mudvayne

August 27, 2015, 11:49:04 am #195 Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 12:03:36 pm by Mudvayne
Wow. Close match man, I can't believe how that ended in R3. If it wasn't for my slight speed advantage you'd have taken that for sure. That double turn there at the end from my Samurai sealed the deal. Your scholars were very powerful with those holys but 3/4 of my team absorbs earth which was your primary means of offense, so I can see why you fell short. GG!

3 of my units do have revive, it just seemed my two magical units that both could revive were the ones that always were going down. Raise/Raise 2, and Fairy are there on the casters, and then the item bot (after he dies and loses berserk, that is). He used to have a diamond helmet for initial reraise and float but I decided to go with some light elemental absorb and went with the gold helmet instead for some status protection. It seems for now at least going with the slight elemental absorb has proven to be a good choice.

Good luck to you Silentkaster in our upcoming match in R4. I think I may need it more than you, but we'll have to see. I can't see my self getting past you, or if I do happen to, not past Heoebal or Skiploom in R5. I feel like all 3 of you have better built teams than mine and will probably wipe the floor with my Samurais.

Good job to the remaining teams. This has been an exciting tourney so far, I can't wait to see how it ends.

Heroebal

Rouroni---> Playing keep away with the squires is the way to go. Because in my practice runs that's how my bards would win. That 1st round my time bard would keep the two male squires "occupied" long enough for the other 3 bards to work over the lady squires, then I would lose the 2nd round, and then overwhelm with AoE on the 3rd round. I was might have been able to get the first round in the official run if my white bard got the raise 2 in time. He could have just went for normal raise too I think would have worked.  Also after the match I swapped the summon/white bard's rings around and went 2-0...but then again the rings the way they are may save me in my next match.

I think I might be alright actually be alright if Skip's Med's stick to gun dmg. My white bard absorbs both of the magic guns, time bard absorbs lightning, and summon bard can absorb holy.  I think the white bard being immune to both guns may allow him to keep the other bards healthy enough to layout units. I'll get in trouble I think if my bards start getting put to sleep/DA/berserked b/c then my white bard is gonna get dropped via holy and then it will just be down hill from there.

silentkaster

Ugh, I have to face Rouroni Elmdor's and now Mudvayne's teams? Is this a reunion of the rivals? :P

Good luck to you as well. You have fine chances so no need to worry.

You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Reks

Actually, looking back at it, Rouroni is very likely to win.

My only form of Status recovery is Heal, which does not cover Petrify, so if it lands that unit is gone for good.

Eh, it's what I get for trying to show that the Ultima Weapon needs a change :P

gatebuster202

@ Corosar. I'm running my part of Round 4 today. Let me know what you can get done/when.