• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:38:37 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Ethan/Andrew's Sprites

Started by Taichii, March 19, 2012, 07:42:52 am

Taichii

with courtesy from furon's king to release some artworks from the vault...

me and fdc have this friend who sprites back in 2009 or 2008 maybe...
well here's some of his works..
(i haven't had enough time and haven't talked to him about the whole sheet but maybe so he does have them..)
i'm currently talking to him and inviting him to join us here :D

here :D
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

Taichii

he's the one who also made this for me :D

"Desperation"

CONMAN

There is some nice work in there Taichii.  It would be great to have some full sprites out of some of these.  I notice that one of those guys near the bottom left looks just like a "generic prince" i made (minus the cape).  I wish it was easier to have nice looking wings on a standard sp1/sp2 sprite like on your avatar- I've tried and it got annoying!
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

I agree, those are some nice frankensprites. With some more creativity these could end up nicely.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

GeneralStrife

I like alot of them. You need to get that guy over here!!

Taichii

Quote from: CONMAN on March 20, 2012, 03:53:20 pm
There is some nice work in there Taichii.  It would be great to have some full sprites out of some of these.  I notice that one of those guys near the bottom left looks just like a "generic prince" i made (minus the cape).  I wish it was easier to have nice looking wings on a standard sp1/sp2 sprite like on your avatar- I've tried and it got annoying!

HAHAHAHA XD maybe if we have more knowledge about seq and shp types it would be possible :)
i requuested it to him to give me wings and he did XD HAHA

Quote from: Kagebunji on March 20, 2012, 04:08:54 pm
I agree, those are some nice frankensprites. With some more creativity these could end up nicely.

i totally agree :D

Quote from: GeneralStrife on March 20, 2012, 05:19:21 pm
I like alot of them. You need to get that guy over here!!

:mrgreen: working on it... i got his fb and his ymail :) i sent him an email and messages... he will reply soon :D

"Desperation"

Ethaniel Ever Fell

I can't believe you made a thread on these >.< embarrassing.
I personally thought I did a terrible job on a majority of those! XD

Ragnarok and the mini white mage+shrine knights turned out somewhat acceptable at least. Oh, and for the record, I still have every avatar I've ever done stored on my computer still. Though I haven't done avatar sprites on the Realm in years. Literally.
"Wishes can come true. But not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves. Here and now." -Vanille

Celdia

Quote from: Ethaniel Ever Fell on March 21, 2012, 01:02:32 pm
I can't believe you made a thread on these >.< embarrassing.
I personally thought I did a terrible job on a majority of those! XD

Whether or not they're of a quality to be embarrassed about is debatable but you definitely have some good, simple edits in here that could make for a plethora of generic units were they fully realized into new a spritesheets. It doesn't take a huge change to make something new-seeming and you've got a few good ideas in there.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Ethaniel Ever Fell

Quote from: Celdia on March 21, 2012, 01:10:45 pmIt doesn't take a huge change to make something new-seeming and you've got a few good ideas in there.

Heh, well thanks. There are a few sprites I have on my comp that I'm quite proud of and could work on if I found the time. What would you say is the best site to upload images to, if you don't mind?
"Wishes can come true. But not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves. Here and now." -Vanille

DarkShade

You can post your pictures here. it's better than going to a website to upload them there then linking the picture here.
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

Ethaniel Ever Fell

Ohhh I see it there. At the bottom of the postbox. Excellent. (:

Well here's a bunch of attachments. Mostly of personal sprites, but also of some of my favorites I did for others. All that was involved was Gimp and MSPaint on an XP computer, I never followed any colour limits so it's likely many of these have a few colours too many.

Celdia

'Heather, Summoner' and 'Reiver, Blue Mage' both seem like they have nice potential as a paired set. Especially paired, actually. I have need for a new generic mage sprite with an update I'm working on. If those were made into full spritesheets, I'd use them.

Ethaniel Ever Fell

Heather would be a great first project. Love to see a full spritesheet of her, especially since she can fulfill many class roles.
I will take a look at tools/guides and whatnot and consider trying her out as a starting point. Her portrait definitely needs a little work too, haha. See what I can do and post any updates here, I suppose. [=

Celdia

In my experience, portraits can always come later. Looking forward to see what you can put together, Ethaniel. ^_^

GeneralStrife

Glad to have you here mate, you can create your own sprites thread and us spriters here look forward to working with you.

Ethaniel Ever Fell

Thank you kindly, mates. I appreciate it a lot. (:
I'll take a look at things within the next couple days and hopefully have something to show for comment.

Taichii

HOHOHO XD
WELCOME TO FFH ETHAAAAAAN XD
where your dreams come true XD

"Desperation"

Durbs

I have to say, these look very nice. Favs are

-Alchemist (Rurouni)
-New Agrias
-Heather, summoner (very, very neat one :mrgreen:)
-Templar Blue
-Riever, Blue Mage

Very nice work.
* Durbs summons Elric to check JotF potential.

3lric

Very nice man  :mrgreen:

I especially like the
Blade dancer &
Elemental marauder

Taichii

March 22, 2012, 10:52:44 am #19 Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 01:01:18 pm by Taichii
hohoho xD
ethan... hope you can help us in our mods too XD

EDIT:
talked with arcane recently...
i guess he'll be joining us in spriting too :D
i think.. XD
anyway... when he and i are talking..

your port.. XD his headswap.

"Desperation"