• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Why are alot of old hacks either being removed or consider obsolete?

Started by stardragoon9, September 08, 2018, 12:12:47 pm

stardragoon9

I've browsing through alot of sticky lately and find alot of old hacks are removed via editing by OP.Some of the old hack that are not removed was considered obsolete aswell.

How is this a thing?FFT is the same game,its not like the game itself received an update or something,how is hack became obsolete?

I found alot of old hack has some function that i need,is it possible to still use them?And is there anyway to find those old hacks that are removed by OP?
  • Modding version: PSX

3lric

What are you even talking about? Maybe give some context or examples if you want a actual serious answer...

stardragoon9

Quote from: Elric on September 08, 2018, 12:27:51 pm
What are you even talking about? Maybe give some context or examples if you want a actual serious answer...

Sorry for not posting the detail,i thought it was a common phenomenon

For example Xifanie,Choto,Pride's hack thread from the sticky in the PSX FFT Hacking section

3lric

All 3 of those threads work fine for me... I rearranged Xifs hack thread a few years back to make it more easy to look at. As well as to include more hacks she didnt have listed there.

Prides just has a link to a more organized version of his thread.

As for Chotos youd have to ask him

Im not seeing what you are getting at here..

EDIT: Also, with a bit of research it would be known that many older hacks suffered from load delay issues, causing them to not work on actual hardware or most emulators, so many had to be remade and some people may have chosen to simply remove their offending hacks in those cases

stardragoon9

Quote from: Elric on September 08, 2018, 12:58:08 pm
All 3 of those threads work fine for me... I rearranged Xifs hack thread a few years back to make it more easy to look at. As well as to include more hacks she didnt have listed there.

Prides just has a link to a more organized version of his thread.

As for Chotos youd have to ask him

Im not seeing what you are getting at here..

EDIT: Also, with a bit of research it would be known that many older hacks suffered from load delay issues, causing them to not work on actual hardware or most emulators, so many had to be remade and some people may have chosen to simply remove their offending hacks in those cases

Thanks,so its the load delay issue.

As for Xifanie,some of the old hacks are missing too,like generic could join as guest hack

3lric

Quote from: stardragoon9 on September 08, 2018, 01:17:48 pm
Thanks,so its the load delay issue.

As for Xifanie,some of the old hacks are missing too,like generic could join as guest hack

I'll let her answer that, because I don't know, I only organized what was already in that thread, starting with the OP.

Xifanie

Generics joining as guests is too specific of a hack that won't see any practical use without the ability to have said guests in any battle. i.e. the way I originally developed the hack was a bit ugly; it meant to go by roster ID, and I never made a hack to allowed removing those units either. It was a hack I developed for a specific project, and without any extension, all you will be able to do is complain about how it just screws up the game on its own. There's a good reason for the removal of any of my hacks. Some were just not doing what they were meant to do, others were transformed into a more convenient spreadsheet form. I can't speak for others though, but I would guess the same.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

stardragoon9

Quote from: Xifanie on September 08, 2018, 05:01:36 pm
Generics joining as guests is too specific of a hack that won't see any practical use without the ability to have said guests in any battle. i.e. the way I originally developed the hack was a bit ugly; it meant to go by roster ID, and I never made a hack to allowed removing those units either. It was a hack I developed for a specific project, and without any extension, all you will be able to do is complain about how it just screws up the game on its own. There's a good reason for the removal of any of my hacks. Some were just not doing what they were meant to do, others were transformed into a more convenient spreadsheet form. I can't speak for others though, but I would guess the same.

Thanks for the clarification.