• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:10:39 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Journey of the Five - Chapter 1 RELEASED! (Current Version: v1.97e)

Started by RavenOfRazgriz, March 29, 2013, 01:08:59 am

Gulstaf

I've been looking into this hack for awhile and I must say, it definitely looks like a must play Experiance. For sure I'll be spending most of my weekend trying this game out! Amazing job guys, can't wait to see what you'll make next in your future endeavors! Also it's a pleasure to meet you all, I'm new here :)
Don't let your emotions cloud your judgment.  Always stay sure of yourself and be positive for who you are.  Have faith in yourself and go above and beyond to meet your  goal in life. God will be at your side and shall lead you down the path of righteousness..

jjinjing

game's good, i like it very much. only one thing i'm wondering about.. in this game the more you grind the weaker you'll grow @@

my 1st time playing the game i grind my characters to level 20+ even before fighting romar, then i was stuck at the fight with 2 dragons, 2 bombs and 2 skeleton thing. im forced to restart a new game and play through the story without grinding. then i'm able to kill sephiroth at lv 11.

just an opinion of mine towards this great game :)

thanks

RavenOfRazgriz

The same thing happens against monsters in Vanilla as well.  It's just more noticeable because the monsters in Journey of the Five are more threatening than in the original game.  (If you do class challenges in Vanilla, one of the hardest fights in the game is often Finath River for this reason.)

Gaining levels helps you get money faster, among other things, but it can definitely become a problem if you're leveling up a lot and not buying useful abilities, which can happen.  Good to see that you're still enjoying it regardless of hitting a bad roadblock, though.

Ramza1

Hello I am very interested in playing this how do I set it up with my emulator? epsxe?
What is this...signature that you speak of?

iostream

Pretty cool so far, but be ready to spend all your loot on potions just to get your @ss kicked in any side battles early on  :mad:

3lric

I didnt have this issue to much. And I worked on none of the battle mechanics of Jot5. Just events, entd and attack.out stuff.

And yes epsxe will work fine. There are several threads for setting up epsxe.
You just have to patch the jot5 ppf to any CLEAN iso/bin/img. There are also several
Threads explaining how to do this with ppf o matic 3
  • Modding version: PSX

iostream

Quote from: Ramza1 on June 04, 2013, 08:05:26 pm
Hello I am very interested in playing this how do I set it up with my emulator? epsxe?

1.You need an original Final Fantasy Tactics image file (.img) and I surely assume you have your retail copy still handy.  ;) (Google is your friend).
2.You will need to convert the image file to an ISO file (ultra iso is freeware and works pretty well).
3.Download and use PPF-Omatic to merge Jot5 patch file and the ISO file you created.
4.Select run ISO from epsxe app.

3lric

All of those steps will do it. Except you dont need to convert your image
BIN/IMG/ISO all work fine

Ramza1

Quote from: iostream on June 04, 2013, 10:53:16 pm

1.You need an original Final Fantasy Tactics image file (.img) and I surely assume you have your retail copy still handy.  ;) (Google is your friend).
2.You will need to convert the image file to an ISO file (ultra iso is freeware and works pretty well).
3.Download and use PPF-Omatic to merge Jot5 patch file and the ISO file you created.
4.Select run ISO from epsxe app.

ok exactly where can I get PPF - Omatic? I googled it and everysite in existence from utility to halo 2 popped up

Jumza

Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Ramza1

RavenOfRazgriz

1.952b released to fix those strange errors regarding Snake's name becoming corrupt and other shit.  See Download thread for details.

Enjoy.

Dreadbot8002

Very nice!!! Alittle hard but I can manage!! Keep'em comin!!
Dreadbot Nation Leader

RavenOfRazgriz

Version 1.96 is released and has some good updates and a really nice new feature - Guests can now be deployed through your Pre-Battle Formation screen when they are not already force-deployed in that battle.  This means you can take all of your Chapter 1 Guests into Random Battles with you to keep them trained and deploy Agrias in Story Battles battles where she isn't otherwise present.  Note that these units maintain all properties of being Guests, so they are always Immortal and always under AI control, even when deployed in this way.

It's not the only new thing in v1.96 though, so check the Download thread to find out more via the Changelog.  Enjoy.

Durbs

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on June 20, 2013, 08:07:46 pm
Version 1.96 is released and has some good updates and a really nice new feature - Guests can now be deployed through your Pre-Battle Formation screen when they are not already force-deployed in that battle.  This means you can take all of your Chapter 1 Guests into Random Battles with you to keep them trained and deploy Agrias in Story Battles battles where she isn't otherwise present.  Note that these units maintain all properties of being Guests, so they are always Immortal and always under AI control, even when deployed in this way.

It's not the only new thing in v1.96 though, so check the Download thread to find out more via the Changelog.  Enjoy.

See, I knew that hack existed somewhere! xD

3lric

Quote from: Durbs on June 23, 2013, 01:36:50 pm
See, I knew that hack existed somewhere! xD

Yeah Xif just found and fixed it from KoI. Dunno how you would've known it existed since KoI wasn't released.
Either way, you've never once mentioned it, so I dunno where the "SEE" comes from...

* Elric smacks Durbs

(also, update your signature)

Durbs

Quote from: Elric on June 23, 2013, 01:45:59 pm
Yeah Xif just found and fixed it from KoI. Dunno how you would've known it existed since KoI wasn't released.
Either way, you've never once mentioned it, so I dunno where the "SEE" comes from...

* Elric smacks Durbs

(also, update your signature)

Bull**** I haven't mentioned it. But I'll let it slide since it's been ages since it's been brought up. :P KoI was released on a demo upon request, btw; I played through it. The controllable guests was the part I remember best.

And I shall.

HuntingHeads

I have always loved the FFT and Hacktics in my opinion is right up there with one of the best games i ever played, considering i have beaten over 100 different rpgs this have become one of my favorite, i just wish you could free play once chapter 1 ends because now i am stuck and worse bored. Great job to everyone who contributed to this.