• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:23:55 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

First attempt at spriting. Let me know what you think

Started by thebill11, August 05, 2015, 10:48:55 pm

thebill11

Hey thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I was looking on the Jot5 project board instead of the sprite board. Updated original post with credits and the lightning work in progress. Apparently I am a big fan of Twinees' work haha. Hope you don't mind me using your stuff. I'll try to do it justice

Jumza

Lightning progress looks great :o looking forward to seeing it finished!
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

thebill11

Made a little more progress. Updated Lightning on original post. Just have to finish the action poses at the bottom. Started to edit the hair a little bit but not exactly happy with what I ended up with.

LohikaarmeX

I really love the progress in Lightning, i'm so excited about her

thebill11

Thanks guys! I'm happy you like it. I updated the original post with the newest Lightning. I think it's mostly done. The action frames at the bottom were a pain. They might be a little sloppy but it's the best I could do. Let me know if you see anything I need to work on

LohikaarmeX

I fall in love with Lightning... Really amazing job

Jumza

Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

thebill11

September 06, 2015, 01:45:23 pm #27 Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 03:26:08 pm by thebill11
Thanks guys! :D

Not sure what I want to try next. Here's a list of what I'd like to make eventually. Let me know what you guys would like to see.

Yuber - Suikoden 2 or 3
Hazuki - Suikoden 5
Deneb - Ogre battle (I saw a concept somewhere on here and thought it was a cool idea)
Noel - FF13
Penelo - FF12
Selene - Trinity: souls of zill o'll (not sure if many of you have played this game but I thought it was awesome)

3lric

thebill11

Haha elric I was kinda talking about the list I had there. That being said... Rei is pretty awesome so I might try to make that happen anyway :P   Do you think someone would be able to make a portrait?

3lric

Haha, well anyone from Suikoden is always great as well.

The biggest issue would probably be a tail.

I can't guarantee that someone will make a portrait for it, but you never know :P

thebill11

Alright Elric... ya talked me into it. :D

Started working on Rei tonight. Not too much done so far. Will probably get to it a little more this weekend. Based it more on the artwork than the in game version. I haven't started the tail yet but I think you're right about it being the biggest issue.

CONMAN

:mrgreen:SWEET! I like how this is starting! I've considered making a Rei (or just cat person in genereral) before, but wasn't sure where to start.  Perhaps the red for pants/jacket should be a little orange, but I have played bof3 in a long time.

I'm not sure if you could use  the sakary tail (and stripe it), but it should be a decent reference. 

thebill11

Thanks CONMAN! I think using that sprite will help out a lot. I didn't really mess with the palette much at the start but I think I'm a little closer now. I haven't had much time to work on it but here is the progress so far.

3lric

September 13, 2015, 01:50:19 am #34 Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 02:17:08 am by Elric
I'm loving this! Keep it up. Even if I can't fit him in as a playable character in Jot5 (due to limitations as well as not being able to properly transform, plus that aspect also clashing with Dante) I will definitely find a way to show off that sprite somewhere/somehow :D

Kuro-Hime

Basch and lightning look great ^^ And now a Rei... "Don't that just beat all" ;D
Very similar to the original and nice selection of colors! Bravo

Cheetah

This stuff is looking great. Keep up the good work TheBill, it is awesome seeing some new spriters bring in new content to the site.
Current Projects:

thebill11

Thanks for all the love guys! I'm happy you're liking my stuff. I'm going to try to get the Rei sprite done this weekend. Still not sure what I'm going to do about the portrait though. I haven't tried making any of my own yet...guess I could give it a shot.

And Elric it would be freaking awesome if you decide use this sprite for anything.  :D

3lric

If you finish it, I can guarantee I will use it for at least something, I will find a spot for it.

Drunkard

He looks awesome, would have been a nice character in The Lion War in Riots place if it wasn't so close to completion, But I'm sure Elric will find a good place for him somewhere