• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:19:51 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

My Patch (Unamed)

Started by formerdeathcorps, April 02, 2010, 01:42:45 am

Zaen

You could do Gold Chocobo... just replace the undead Oracle and use the ASM hack to make it mountable.
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

Timbo

Can you replace the oracle, like that?  I know all about the ASM Hack and I had my suspicions, but I didn't want to sound like an idiot.  Is it really as simple as modifying the Undead Oracle's job, assigning a new skillset, and updating the ENTD to reflect the changes, changing it into a monster and whatnot?
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

Zaen

Well, it might be able to switch jobs. I haven't tested it, but since it's not the PC oracle class, it should be fine.

In other words, pretty much.
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

formerdeathcorps

April 13, 2010, 06:16:30 am #23 Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 08:57:30 am by formerdeathcorps
Zaen's right.  That's pretty much what I did, though undead enemy oracles still do exist for both genders.

OK, I'm planning an update patch, which I haven't released yet because I want to get the Chapter 1 storyline events perfect, but I'll strive to do so by Friday.

Changes include:
A fix on random battles so they'll actually be random in all scenarios.
Deleted the item duplication glitch by removing best fit.  Thanks to Cheetah for giving me the offsets in WORLD.BIN.
All WoTL items will now look like they do in WoTL except for the items using the exapnded WoTL palettes
Players can recruit ghouls and ghosts, but the skillset was nerfed.  There's a nice secret to them that should address some of the complaints raised by the previous 15 posters.
Increased customization late game for body and accessory slot items, mostly to make the AI equip better and more varied equipment late-game.  There should now be a means to boost each element without using 108 gems and a means to cancel/absorb each element (except dark, done specifically so certain attacks retain their power) though you obviously can't get them all on one unit.  All auto-haste items that aren't limited to one for the entire game have been re-made.  In accordance with this, Chapter 1 and 2 equips are now fixed (which may have increased the difficulty of the early battles).
No more high level gear in Chapter 2-3 if you level grind.
Item poaching was reworked.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Timbo

Can't wait to try it out.  I tested out Multi-Hit.  How does it work?  Is it just a 25% chance to hit a second time, then another 25% chance to hit a third time, and so on?  You didn't do any ASM hacking did you?  I pulled your demo up in fftpatcher, but I don't see any code for hitting multiple times.  It looks like you're using formula 02 Dmg_[Weapon] 25% Cast Spell Indexed As Status and it looks like you have inflict status 2D on which inflicts don't move.

I was just wondering if you could explain how it works?  It's real smart.  Also, I like what you did with the Knight I mean swordmaster.  Dishing the various break skills out to other classes is a good idea.  I always hated how the only thing the Knight brought to the table was his equipment.  It was one of those jobs that you didn't use near the end of the game.

formerdeathcorps

April 15, 2010, 01:36:49 pm #25 Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 01:31:36 pm by formerdeathcorps
Damage formula 02 means the inflict status number in hex actually corresponds to the spell inflicted.  In this case, multi-hit's spell number is 2D.  Thus, the spell references itself for the spell cast, meaning that there's a 25% chance for 2 hits, a 6.25% for 3 hits, a 1.5625% for 4 hits, and so on.  This was the same way 1.3029 created the wild blow spell, except that this is sword-only, so you won't have the previous problems of gun exploits.  (Yes, I already tested this; 3+ hits are rare, but possible.)

Yes, I applied many of the existing ASM/hex hacks, though I modified a good number of existing ones to suit my needs.  The only hex edit of my own that I added was the anti-duplication glitch one, though Cheetah found the offsets.  They are all on the first thread of this post, though I often did not specifically mark them as such.  If you want, I can say what I did here:

1) Walled units can be attacked.
2) Transparent units will be attacked by the AI.
3) Duplication Glitch Deleted.
4) Throw Stone has 100% knockback.
5) Require Sword = Equip Sword/Knight Sword/Katana/Ninja Blade
6) Equip Sword = Equip Sword + Knight Sword
7) Equip Crossbow = Equip Bow + Equip Crossbow
8) Equip Katana = Equip Katana + Equip Ninja Blade
9) Equip Axe = Equip Flail + Equip Axe
10) JP Scroll Glitch deleted.
11) 1-on-1 Vormav battle
12) Oil = weak against fire
13) No Monster Breeding
14) All human characters except Ramza and Guests can go on bar props
15) Gil bonus = 1/5th of normal
16) Capped % HP damage/drain from attacks and poison.
17) No crystal farming.
18) Only 5 initial potions and 2 PDs.  No more 10k at the beginning of the game.
19) PD = 25% maxHP to undead.
20) Caution/Defend = -25% physical damage
21) C-EV is 100% from front, 50% from side, 25% from back.
22) No permanent changes to brave/faith
23) No recruitment of generic soldiers from the Soldier's Office.
24) All large monsters mountable.
25) Zodiac's fix to formula 2D (Swordskills).
26) Razele's fix to the mighty sword formula.
27) Items sell at 1/4th normal cost.
28) DS ignores Cancel Dead.
29) Mountable Gold Chocobos.
30) Performing units gain evasion.
31) Can rename all units (bugged--do not use for anything other than generics).
32) Blind = weak against Dark

I might have forgotten a few of the others, but that should be it.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

formerdeathcorps

EDIT: Posted new version after DF pointed out some errors in his stream.

1) No more high level equips early.  As adjustment, Dorter I and Sand Rat Cellar were made slightly easaier.
2) Fixed some text fixes.

Kagebunji

You are using my Moggle sprite, or your own creation for Mog Summoner?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

formerdeathcorps

April 16, 2010, 07:26:57 pm #28 Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 11:42:27 am by formerdeathcorps
I'm going to have to make my own moogle sprite (all sprites will done last in my patch, after I finish the script) because he's going to be a Type 1 sprite of a moogle wearing a modified summoner's robe.  If I recall, your mog sprite was a monster to replace uribo.

Released new version to fix the other errors DF noted.
3) Thieves' Fort made slightly harder with unit positioning.
4) Game freeze glitch at the Igros Castle assault scene fixed.  Because of this bug, all earlier versions of my patch will be deleted from Sendspace (since they all have this problem at Igros).
5) Delita has better starting gear, but not the glitched Chapter 3 stuff he used to have.
6) Algus has better starting gear, but not the glitched Chapter 3 stuff he used to have.

Kagebunji

You are correct, I made moogle, not humanoid in Moogle suit. Hmhmhm, this sprite could be nice, kinda like FFIX moogle suit.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

formerdeathcorps

Undecided on a few things:

1) Haste and slow seems to last too long at high levels.  Lowering the CT is not a solution since it really is quite short at earlier levels and will just tie down AI time mages.  My speed growths are vanilla's (except for mime), and ninjas don't deal nearly as much damage (no innate two swords), so I'm not too worried, but even a lazy person could at level 99 have 17 speed (25 hasted) on a male ninja and deal decent damage with his ninja sword (though his PA would be subpar since he'd be wearing a flash hat and sprint shoes).  For reference, I'd rather not use "solutions" that lower base speed or further restrict speed gear.
2) Magic break right now has a base accuracy of 30% and destroys 30% of base MP.  This is because the formula is bugged so only the Y value has any effect.  I'm in no position to ASM fix that formula any time soon, but I don't exactly like the other MP break formulas (drain MP is not desired, MA*Y is samurai only, Magic Ruin is faith dependent).  Suggestions for a replacement?  This is currently an archer skill, by the way.

Timbo

1) Pardon my inexperience but it looks like you have a difficult choice to make.  I could be wrong but it looks like you only have 2 options.  Lowering base speed or lowering CT.  If lowering the CT will cause a greater unbalance between high levels and low levels, it looks like the only option is to lower base speed and adjust every speed related formula.  

I did this very same thing with monster MA in order to create a "balanced" blue magic for humans.  It was incredibly tedious.  Thank god for cross multiplication.  

2) No clue buddy.  I hope somebody comes to your rescue.  Good Luck.

formerdeathcorps

April 21, 2010, 12:47:15 pm #32 Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 03:28:08 pm by formerdeathcorps
There is a third option: further nerf or restrict speed and other stat maximizing equips.
The only unit class that's really affected by this haste trick is ninja (technically a thief in my patch).  Most other units either can't, or don't need to attain such broken levels of speed because it would detract too heavily from physical attack.

What I'll implement in the next version is a realism boost along the lines of:
Hats cap HP gain at 44 for buyable items except for the black hood (which has 72 but has no other effects).
Helmets cap HP gain at 90 for buyable items.
Armor cap HP gain at 170 for buyable items (but crystal mail has no effects).
Robes cap HP gain at 120 for buyable items.
Clothes cap HP gain at 120 for buyable items.
All items that add PA, SP, or MA automatically will never grant the maximal amount of HP in their category unless they are robes.

For most classes, all the HP lost in helmets/hats would be gained in the boosts to armor.  In fact, knights and monks are slightly tankier now.  However, stat max setups will incur more significant HP penalties: a ninja in full damage equips should actually have no better HP than a black mage in full damage equips (with similar damage output as well).  This way, ninja should be much more of a "glass cannon", even if hasted.

Timbo

fdc, you never cease to surprise me.  You always find intereting solutions.  I approve this option.  I think its probably something that should help preserve the overall balance of gameplay.

Very nice.

Atma

How were u able to make crystals not teach skills?  i was hoping it was possible but now i know it is.  i still like the idea of units turning into crystals, but i don't want it so u can learn from them.
My name is Atma... I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.

formerdeathcorps

Atma

QuoteBATTLE.BIN

0x0000AFC8:
FCC70108
Forces any unit to automatically recover HP/MP when it steps on a crystal.

^ was this what you used?  
i haven't don't any coding yet.  will i need to manually change this value?

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: "Atma"
QuoteBATTLE.BIN

0x0000AFC8:
FCC70108
Forces any unit to automatically recover HP/MP when it steps on a crystal.

^ was this what you used?  
i haven't don't any coding yet.  will i need to manually change this value?

I inputted this by adding it into Zodiac's .xml file that came with orgASM.  It's how you can customize the hacks produced and make your own to add.

Atma

in the .xml file there are lines like this: "<Location file="BATTLE_BIN" offset="E930C">"
i'm assuming i just use this to start a new one, but what value do i use as the offset?

edit:  is there a tutorial or discussion regarding adding hacks into FFTorgASM?  i don't mind doing the research to learn on my own, but i haven't found it, yet.

formerdeathcorps

April 21, 2010, 04:35:31 pm #39 Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 06:31:44 pm by formerdeathcorps
The offset is AFC8.  The 4 bytes to be replaced are FC C7 01 08.  Just be sure to close your newly added hack correctly.

The tutorial for adding your own hacks comes in the file called example.xml.  I'll post a condensed version here.

Structure of a hack read by orgASM
<Patch Name = XXX>
<Description>  Insert text here </Description>
<Location file = "FOLDER/FILE_TYPE" Offset = "?????">
Data arranged in bytes
</Location>
</Patch>

Note, if you do not put the last two lines, orgASM will not read your hack or any other hack in the file you edited.  You edit files in by changing the file type from xml to txt.
Descriptions are optional.
If you do not specify a folder, orgASM will assume the file is in the root folder of the ISO you picked.  Thus, you don't specify folders only for BATTLE_BIN, and SCUS_92_91 (which make up most of the hacks, actually, since that's where the most important game data lies).  The dot is represented by an underscore.