• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:56:09 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Atma's Sprites

Started by Atma, December 16, 2011, 11:41:31 am

SilverRegret

any news with the female summoner sprite?
still waiting for it  :o

Atma

Haven't done much on it besides getting ideas.  Been working a lot and playing a lot of GW2 and SC2.  I've recently got a new PC, so i haven't set up my editing programs.  I'll probably work on the Fem. Wizard before I work on the Summoner.
My name is Atma... I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.

SilverRegret

ok.. take your time.. i dont want to rush u but still waiting for the fem. summoner  :o
btw i adjusted your alicia pict a little.. looks kinda tight on her neck..what do you think of it?

Atma

Alright.  I got a bit of time and am taking a mini break from other stuff.  Did some tweaking of the male Wizard.  A lot of the arms had to be fixed.  Lots of pixels going over the hat and all.  Got all the frames up until the water ones done.  Looks a bit odd once I got to that point.  I may have edited the body after I'd already copied them for the water frames and forgot to duplicate it for them.  Gonna redo those and see if all is fixed.  Other than that, pretty much done.  Hopefully I'll get back to it tomorrow and have it finished.

Seushiro

I love your work! wow such awesome creations it just fires up my to be catalog of possible new creations :) Keep it up!

Atma

IT'S DONE!
Male Wizard sprite is complete.  May be the odd frame that doesn't have the best shading or something a amiss, but they'd be almost unnoticeable.
If there is anything that needs fixing let me know and I can fix it, or if you do, just upload it.
Enjoy.
Now... onto the female version.  I was gonna make the female version a bit more like FFX-2 (as much as you can with small sprites), but I think I'm gonna try to keep it to it's roots.  I'm probably gonna do something like this version.  Try to keep it classic, maybe just a tad taller.  Gonna keep the female like the original FFT version, but I'm thinking of opening the front of the cloak a to show a bit more of the body. 
I'll test a bit and post a few ideas (soon....ish).

3lric

This is beautiful Atma. Great work
  • Modding version: PSX

Timbo

I love how ridiculously tall this guy is.
  • Discord username: Timbo

Twinees

Awesome some Atma, keep up the great work. Can't wait to see more cool ideas :)

Kagebunji

This is looking really nice. You planning on doing a female counterpart? It would be awesome to have two new Black Mages on here.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Argy

Atma,

Love your work. That Black Mage is impressive!! Would love you to do a FFX-2 Black Mage! (as I love that game, contrary to most people in the FF community). Keep up the great work. Just to let you know, I am stealing this Black Mage and placing him in my patch!!

Cheers Argy
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

MiKeMiTchi

It's really nice to see it done. Great work, Atma!

For the female version, this could be a good reference based on your plan to show some more 'body' lol
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Atma

That's a pretty good reference.  I've noticed on multiple drawings for black mages their stripes on their pants are vertical.  The sprite in Tactics has them going horizontal for the female ver.  I was thinking I'd keep the sprite close to how it already is, just open the cloak a bit to show a bit more of the body.  Probably change the stripes to vertical.  I'll post something soon.
I might add a strap around the hat on the male and possibly a seam or some detail to the back of the cape.

Luiakyn

March 17, 2014, 04:21:21 pm #133 Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 05:43:14 pm by Luiakyn
I'm liking what I see >: D nice work :)

Lijj

If you finish the female I hope that these sprites will take the place of the ones I made a long time ago that are in Jot5.
Good work Atma.

Atma

Here's a few ideas I've got going.  First is some little edits to the male Wizard.  Added a seam down the back of his coat and put a thin strip on his hat.  I kinda felt there was too little detail in those areas and it needed a little something more.
Next I've got a first attempt at the female Wizard.  I only did the 2 frames and placed them side by side to more easily see the difference.  All I've done is open the coat a bit and changed the stripes to run vertically.  I moved the hat up by 1 pixel to make her a bit taller since the male sprite is taller.
I already prefer it to the original, but for the work involved for these changes I feel it's not different enough to warrant it.  Might do a bit more to it.  Maybe take some style elements from my new male version and try to imitate it.

Luiakyn

March 20, 2014, 04:18:58 am #136 Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 09:25:05 am by Luiakyn
You've made the stripes more visible, and thus more relevant. I honestly couldn't tell the original(Square's) even had stripes until a few days ago >.>

Very nice progress >:3

Lijj

I like the vertical stripes if I had a choice..
The hair.. I'm 50-50 on (I kinda like without).

Celdia

I'm with Lijj on the stripes. Vertical looks a lot better. She HAS to keep the hair, though. Otherwise it just looks like another guy in silly pants.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Jumza

The hat needs to be closer to her head, otherwise it looks like it's floating. The males is the right distance, maybe make her coat longer so you can move everything up to the height the hat is currently at.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.