• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:52:40 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

ShadowDragon15

I have a quick question.

I have two mediators, both female. I have two chemists both male. I give all four them Faith Up for a reaction. Is that legal? I mean, the females get it from Dancer, and the males get it from Bard. I'm confused.
Strategy is just magical.

CT5Holy

Not legal. Bard/Dancer are complimentary halves of the same class, more or less?

Bottom line is, not legal. The team has more than two of the same non-innate ability.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

ShadowDragon15

that clears a big gap in my mind, thanks a bunch.

Elmdork

bahahahaha! that was intense. thanks, ct5 holy, you were right i meant right :P appreciate that.

man, that damage. i was more afraid of berserking one of those units. GG otabo, i was thinking of changing the black magic mediator to item user, just for some support.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Otabo

Quote from: Rouroni Elmdor on January 18, 2014, 12:47:57 am
bahahahaha! that was intense. thanks, ct5 holy, you were right i meant right :P appreciate that.

man, that damage. i was more afraid of berserking one of those units. GG otabo, i was thinking of changing the black magic mediator to item user, just for some support.

Yeah, GG. Actually, when I was making that team, I was thinking about running Genji Helmet or Salty Rage on that samurai, but then he still wouldn't be doing as much damage as the geo.

Elmdork

lolololol brilliant choice of music! let's start a nuclear war at the gay bar.

i would like to see tribute vs. operation repo. this matchup should allow some fist counters and meatbone slashes to go off, and i think that's all we want to see :P

great job, truelight. that was enjoyable as always.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

silentkaster

LMAO, loved the music for the second round...laughed so hard the whole time. GG shadowdragon15...my only problem was with my Monk...I was like...hello you keep singing without MP and it's not woooorrrrrkkkiiiinng. You have Chakra...but no he was too busy silently singing for that to work :P I wonder how to fix that? *shrug* GG
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Otabo

January 18, 2014, 06:08:56 pm #2888 Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 06:52:58 pm by Otabo
Quote from: silentkaster on January 18, 2014, 05:39:13 pm
LMAO, loved the music for the second round...laughed so hard the whole time. GG shadowdragon15...my only problem was with my Monk...I was like...hello you keep singing without MP and it's not woooorrrrrkkkiiiinng. You have Chakra...but no he was too busy silently singing for that to work :P I wonder how to fix that? *shrug* GG

And here I thought I would never see someone run jumping Priests in Arena. Props to you! :D

Anyway, about the whole singing without MP issue. Yeah, the AI has a bad habit of being dumb like that. Although it knows it has the ability to restore its own MP, it won't until the unit decides that it needs to use Chakra to heal HP. It's similar to how units under Death Sentence with access to Reraise sometimes won't use Reraise on themselves even if they know they're dead in two turns. The AI in general is picky about MP restoration when it comes to Chakra/Ether/Hi-Ether. That's one reason why a singer should run something like Absorb MP, MP Restore or Move-MP Up; something to restore their MP indirectly without having the singer having to stop singing. That's why you see most dedicated full time singers or some Lore users run Absorb MP to keep their MP up without having them worrying about MP restoration, especially if they happen to be immobile units. Dancers/units running Dance secondary have this same problem as well, but restoring a dancer's MP is a bit trickier, and I won't get into that here.

On the other hand, if said singer knows Carbuncle or Angel Song, the AI will gladly take a turn to use them to restore its own MP. The AI likes using Carbuncle and Angel Song. Whichever you want depends on if you want the gradual effect with Angel Song or a more immediate effect with Carbuncle, and of course, on your team needs as a whole.

silentkaster

Nice match Otabo. Your status team is crazy good.

Otabo

Quote from: silentkaster on January 18, 2014, 09:10:07 pm
Nice match Otabo. Your status team is crazy good.

Thanks. It's decent. It just needs more damage options besides poison and stabbity stab knife damage, lol. Though it does its job quite well. Might look into giving the archer a longbow or something. GG.

ShadowDragon15

GG Silentkaster, it seems we have a rivalry growing between us. You may have swept this match-up, but there shall be more to come.

Both teams appeared very well built. keeping in mind they both had very clear and distinct goals. However, I will admit that Silentkaster's team accomplished its goals a lot better, and most definitely a lot faster than mine did. I think that given a change of black costumes over the rubber costumes for my chemists, then those matches may have ended being different, or at least getting to the end result would have taken a much longer time. GG, Silentkaster.

Otabo

Reason why I gave the thief Meatbone Slash was because I didn't have enough JP for anything else useful really. Though, I could have given him HP Restore if I took Chakra from him. Anyway, GG Fenire. Not even Weapon Break (which is this team's real weakness) was enough. I do admit, the thief did some work and so did charm. Might take Counter off the monk and give it to the thief, though, then stick monk with something else. Slow 2 helped out some, too.

silentkaster

GG buddy. Yeah, actually Barren, I would be welcome to having your input on that team and maybe working with you via PM or something. It performed well enough...but I had a few things going for me like fire weakness.

DomieV

thanks again CT5Holy for the matches. I appreciate your thoughts on the team. I'm going to do my best to refine them if possible. And yea, demi wasn't quite as helpful as I thought. I figured that if its not using balance it can poke away with damage aside from standing around. But I felt that it can survive against enough teams at first. Maybe its just instant lores that give me the most trouble and some summon magic obviously. Well GG ShadowDragon, it was fun fighting ya

Fenire

best compatibility with my main DPS, good compatibility with the rest of my team, and the speed bonus from a better timed haste 2 and slow 2s GG otabo
thank you for the videos barren.

TrueLight

January 21, 2014, 02:05:44 pm #2899 Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 03:11:25 pm by TrueLight
Hope you don't mind DomieV, but I recorded the match before the changes were made. Hope you enjoy the match anyway!

FFT Arena 1.38D - ShadowDragon15 (Hell-Bound) vs. DomieV (Famous Knights)

FFT Arena 1.38D - ShadowDragon15 (Magic Bullet Blue) vs. Vigilanti (Destiny Bond)
  • Modding version: PSX