• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:25:19 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Item Suggestions for Mercenaries

Started by LastingDawn, March 07, 2009, 03:02:42 pm

k3yblad3

March 20, 2009, 04:08:28 pm #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by k3yblad3
Someone before me mentioned scythes.

I must also state that I would love to see scythes. However, and I'm thinking this might be impossible, or just about. I don't know much about spiriting, but I'm thinking you'd have to create a whole entire new set of sprites for these. Basically, its guns.

When I first played fft and saw Mustadio, I thought sweet, guns. After a while, the guns seemed pretty lame. What I'm thinking is You could create a job class based off of guns or perhaps an entire job tree. Start with Gunner, then it branches to Machine Gunner and Blaster. Finally it ends with Gunslinger and Grenade Gunner.

I have a ton of other ideas for this, so if you're interested I'll post them here.

Zozma

March 20, 2009, 04:28:46 pm #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
what about fans? i think it would have made more sense for characters like dancers to have things like that
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

LastingDawn

March 20, 2009, 05:16:54 pm #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Fans eh? Well Poles do need replaced, and they do have an item called Iron Fan... but which item animation would be sacrificed for such? Since there isn't really any Dancer like class left, with Females only as guests or enemies, there really isn't any class where that would fit, it seems...
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Zozma

March 20, 2009, 06:20:04 pm #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
i have no idea what you could replace to get those. it would probably swing similarly to a sword or the axes/ maces etc .. but i guess if theres no jobs that it would go well with then perhaps not. whips would be cool too but again what would one replace for them
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

boomkick

March 20, 2009, 06:39:34 pm #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Whip? Use a throwing kind of animation or a swinging animation?

Fans need a slashing motion or a stabbing motion if the fan is closed.

LastingDawn

March 20, 2009, 06:43:31 pm #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Ah, of course! Whips can be replaced with the old flail graphic. Which has a full three animations to use for such.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!