• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:32:40 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Ramza's Starting Equipment and Stats

Started by LastingDawn, December 23, 2008, 11:36:30 am

LastingDawn

December 23, 2008, 11:36:30 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Well an up and coming hacker on IRC, has been helping a Ton with Mercenaries, by the name of Razele, he has managed to kill the Soldier Office, have the Soldier Office folk be equipped with anything (for those who may want to keep it but have more... versatility) and most importantly Found Ramza's Starting Equipment!

I think he might also be able to find Ramza's forced Lvl. 1, as some who have been with the project for a very long time, Mercenaries was originally supposed to start with Ramza at Lvl. 10, (as to show he Actually went through Chapter 1) with a bit better equipment then a Broad Sword, Leather Clothing, Leather Hat, etc...

So what is good for a Lvl. 10 to equip? This decision should be made rather quickly, since the demo's being released in just two days.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Dominic NY18

December 23, 2008, 11:56:13 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
I know I haven't chimed in much as far as mechanics goes (well who am I kidding, I haven't chimed in at all), but I'd say his starting equipment should be the best of whatever's available to level 10 units.

The amount of changes are a bit daunting for me to keep up with, so I'm not sure of any specifics.

LastingDawn

December 23, 2008, 12:04:43 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
As of now there's been little change overall to basic equipment, those rules still apply, but since he starts at Level 10... the first batch of items, should probably get the boot, being used for something much more valuable down the line. But yes, I do agree to that. But what is a good balancefor lvl. 10 equipment, hmm...

Art of War

dwib

December 23, 2008, 12:13:49 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
mythril sword, round shield, barbuta, chain mail, battle boots
those are the max equips around the end of chapter 1 i think

The Damned

December 23, 2008, 12:32:41 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Uh, it might be helpful to know what Ramza's equipment parameters actually are, LD.

Otherwise, I agree with dwib, except that Small Mantle should trump Battle Boots since you get that later; not saying it's outright better, but then few accessories are (outside of each other's groups).
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

LastingDawn

December 23, 2008, 12:56:42 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Oh, hehe... right, right...

Knife, Ninja Blade (where all swords are going, and Ninja Blade will probably be renamed to "Swords", Flail, Crossbow, Staves, Hat, Armor, Robe all Accessory pieces.

Art of War

boomkick

December 23, 2008, 01:00:33 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
dwib's suggestion really fits it all unless, like said before, we had parameters to go by. If there would be any suggestion and other such things.

But if you want it to last, maybe you COULD make Ramza start at level 1 and make adjustments to make leveling and stat building a little more controlled. In reality Ramza had training in the military academy before he fought in Garland, why was he still level 1? The levels make really not much difference other then where the game begins and such. If Ramza will start as such, he should get the weakest armor, broad sword, no hat, and battle boots.

Above would be IMHO the best course of action, but its up to you LD

LastingDawn

December 23, 2008, 01:05:29 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Well keep in mind, the game starts after Zeakden, in the normal game he would be about level 10, (for those who don't power level to 99) also his role in the Zeakden flashback is simply pathetic because of his inability to fight against the level 10 enemies.

Art of War

The Damned

December 23, 2008, 01:07:21 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Ah, okay.

Since I was/am trying to work on FFTPatcher before work, I decided to just check FFTPatcher.

It looks like dwib was pretty close going from memory. He merely missed Barbuta and Round Shield since they're available at the very start of Chapter 2, not at the end of Chapter 1; Iron Helmet and Bronze Shield are available at the end of Chapter 1, respectively.

Since Ramza was aspiring to be a Knight before Zeakden, I would say that a more Knight-oriented set-up would work as dwib suggested; since Knights tend to focus on evasion, I would have to say that I think Small Mantle is superior to Battle Boots.

So, going off of what dwib said, I would have to say that Lvl. 10 Ramza would likely have a Mythril Sword, a Bronze Shield, an Iron Helmet, Chain Mail, and a Small Mantle.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

LastingDawn

December 23, 2008, 01:22:49 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
I think that sounds good, thanks everyone!

Art of War

Raven

December 23, 2008, 06:29:31 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Raven
Why don't you just give him the equipment he has in the very first battle of vanilla.
isn't that where mercenaries starts?

LastingDawn

December 23, 2008, 09:53:20 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Not quite... Mercenaries starts a year before that. Canonically Ramza traveled with Gafgarion for a full year, Gafgarion was the only one who knew he was actually a Beoulve when he adopted his alias of Ruglia. There is a lot of basis for Gafgarion and Ramza's friendship, which you just need to read between the lines to see. This starts right after Zeakden, well not "right after" he had spent two months at the Academy when Gafgarion had arrived. Mercenaries begins there.

Art of War