• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:04:29 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Complete noob's guide to ripping sound effects while in game

Started by Bowser Koopa, August 15, 2010, 01:07:35 pm

Bowser Koopa

August 15, 2010, 01:07:35 pm Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 09:51:14 am by Bowser Koopa
Final Fantasy Tactics (PSX) - Sound Effect Ripping Tutorial by Bowser Koopa
=================================================================

Hey folks,

So, if you're like me, you have some sort of sick obsession: you've been dying to get a hold of some Final Fantasy Tactics sound effects for years (say, for something like a cell phone notification sound, ringtone, or maybe a sound effect for a cool b-movie like film you're working on at home), but haven't had a way to rip them from the game since the game doesn't allow you to mute the background music. I was in this boat until a few days ago.

Before you get started in doing any of this, I have to let you know that Zodiac's already been kind enough to rip/record a LOT of sound effects from the game (sadly the sound I was looking for wasn't in this list). So, if you're looking for something like the typewriter sound that occurs when letters are being spelled out during character dialogue, that's already been ripped! Check out these currently ripped sounds in mp3 format:
http://ffhacktics.com/instructions.php?id=6B
http://ffhacktics.com/instructions.php?id=21

Also, the following tutorial exists for ripping sound effects from the FFT Effect directory BIN files within the Final Fantasy Tactics image (tutorial created by R999):
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=5501&p=116785&hilit=sound+effect#p116785

I've never tried this method, mainly because I've had all sorts of issues with the BIN files in the EFFECT directory. I took a different route in ripping sounds, which could wind up being a LOT more tedious (but made more sense for my purposes since I really only needed one sound). While I'm sure that R999's tutorial is great for ripping multiple sound effects from the BIN files, my tutorial will hopefully be good for capturing one specific sound effect from a character's magic skill set, for example.

Without further ado, let's get this tutorial started so you can start ripping sound effects of your own! This may (or may not) seem like a daunting task at first, but I assure you, if I can do this, just about anyone can. Give it a shot!

======================================================================
--------
TOOLS
--------

Before we get started, here are the tools you'll need and their locations on the web, where applicable:

PSX emulator - Honestly, I have several types of emulators. PSXe was my -old- go-to. But, I found pSX to be the best for audio emulation. You can find a link to both, among others, here:
http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/psx/

Final Fantasy Tactics .bin and .cue files (disc image), of course. You're on your own in getting these!

FFTPatcher and ATTACK.OUT editor - The top two links on this page:
http://www.ffhacktics.com/downloads.php

CDmage (BETA VERSION!) - It's essential that you get the beta version of this program. Otherwise, you won't be able to finish one of the steps related to the ATTACK.OUT editor down the road! Scroll down to the bottom of the link below for the download links for the program:
http://cdmage.orconhosting.net.nz/frames.html

Audio editing software and a sound card that will let you record 'what you hear' - I personally use Adobe Audition for sound editing and ripping. Other programs like Sound Forge are great as well. I'll leave it up to you to find these (they're not free). If anyone has another great free audio editing program, by all means post it up in the comments. You will also need to make sure your computer can record what you hear being played on your computer. I, for example, have a Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty sound card that has this capability. If you cannot record what you hear on the computer, you will probably need to stop this tutorial now!

-------------------
STEP 1 - FFTPatcher
-------------------

FFTPatcher version used: v0.457

BEFORE WE BEGIN, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE BACKUPS OF ALL FILES BEING USED HERE!!! BINs, CUEs, etc. You may need to revert your changes if you mess anything up! Better to be safe than sorry.

1. After downloading the FFTPatcher zip file, extract it to whatever directory you'd like on your computer. Double click FFTPatcher.exe to launch it.

2. Then go to the PSX option, next to File, and click 'Open Patched ISO...'. From here, hunt down your Final Fantasy Tactics .BIN file and open it. All the empty fields under JP Cost, AI Behavior, Attributes, etc. should now be filled up with various stats and attributes. Ignore all that for now.

3. Under File, PSX, PSP, and About... at the top of the Patcher, you should see a series of tabs: Gameshark, ENTD, Move-Find Item, etc. Click the ENTD tab. Here you'll find a LARGE list of battle sequences in the game. I was told by Zodiac that a great rule of thumb is that you should only edit the files AFTER #180. For my purposes, I wanted to get Alma Beoulve in the opening battles of the game so I could record her Magic Barrier sound effect. The first battle of the game is at Orbonne Monastery (183) with the next battle being at Magic City Gariland (184). So if you're wanting a specific sound effect from an uncontrollable character like Alma, you'll have to hunt him/her down. I'll give an example.

4. Find a character who is 'rare' who may have a rare sound effect. For me, again, it was Alma Beoulve. A great iteration of her can be found at 1A4 Back Gate of Lesalia. If you click 1A4, a list of characters will appear on the window to the right. Alma's at the top.

5. Right click her and select 'Clone', which is the same thing as Copy.

6. Head back to 183 and click it, making it active. Notice that the roster is chock full of players. Ramza, Agrias, Gafgarion, etc. What I did was overwrite the first Generic Female, Alicia (Knight), character by right clicking her and clicking 'Paste Clone'. While not necessary, I repositioned Alma on the game board to x:7 and y:7 so she's in the same position that Alicia was originally. I also made sure her initial direction was changed to Southeast. I also wanted control over Alma to make sure she triggered the Magic Barrier spell, so on the far right I clicked the 'Control' checkbox.

6a. You could apply step 6 to 184 - Magic City Gariland if you want to make absolutely sure your character gets in the game at either of the first two battles, but it's not necessary.

7. Save out your modified BIN! Go back to the PSX dropdown next to File and click "Patch ISO..."

8. At ISO at the bottom of the next popup, click the '...' button.

9. In the next window, find the ISO you want to patch and click the Save button.

10. Click OK. You're done with FFTPatcher!

---------------
STEP 2 - CDmage
---------------

CDmage version used: 1.02.1 (BETA VERSION!)

1. After downloading CDmage from the link I posted earlier, unzip the file to a directory of your choice.

2. Launch the program! Go to File -> Open. Find your newly patched BIN file and click Open.

3. A popup window will appear asking for what type of image you're opening. Click the drop down menu and select Raw Image from the bottom of the dropdown list. Then, click Open, then Click Detect to proceed.

4. Another window will pop up asking you to save out your CUE file. You can replace your existing CUE associated with the patched BIN file. Click Save, then click Yes to overwrite the old CUE file.

5. Your BIN file should now appear in the image tree. To the left of the program, you should see a tree heirarchy. In my case, I see the Image name with 'Session 1' beneath it, followed by Track 1 below that. There should be a + sign next to Track 1. Click that to expand Track 1's heirarchy.

6. Go to the EVENT folder.

7. Locate ATTACK.OUT, which should be the second item in the directory. Right click that file and click "Extract Files..."

8. At the next window, leave everything the way it is, except for the path at the top. Choose the new path where you want the extracted file to go. You're done with CDmage...for now (feel free to leave CDmage open for future use. We'll come back to it very shortly).

--------------------------
STEP 3 - ATTACK.OUT editor

ATTACK.OUT version used: 1.02

1. Like with the other programs, download this from the link provided earlier and extract it to your favorite directory. MAKE SURE THAT YOUR EXTRACTED ATTACK.OUT IS IN THE SAME DIRECTORY AS YOUR ATTACK.OUT EDITOR.EXE FILE!

2. Launch ATTACK.OUT Editor.exe. As long as you have your extracted ATTACK.OUT file in the same directory as the exe, it should automatically load into the editor!

3. Locate the first battles of the game, Orbonne Monastery. These should be numbers 002-005 on the far left hand side of the editor. To be safe, you're going to want to edit all of these numbers (I even edited 006-00B to be safe, which takes you through Magic City Gariland).

4. Click 002 on the far left of the editor. What you'll want to change here is Weather Strength (it's raining at Orbonne Monestary) and set it to None. To mute the music, you'll want to go to the First Song dropdown at the bottom of the window and set it to None. Same goes for the Second Song if it's not already set to None.

-EDIT- It's best if you add your character to Magic City Gariland. Even though I set Weather Strength to None, the rain still played (with sound effects). I'm not sure if there really is a way to disable weather completely. Regardless, skipping ahead to Magic City Gariland is your best bet for recording sound effects. Sorry about that! One more note though, when a spell is executed, the rain sound effects in the background fade out. But you still run the risk of slight overlap in sounds between the rain and your spell of choice. Just a heads-up.

5. Apply step 4 to 003-005.

6. Click "Save" at the bottom right of the window.

7. Close ATTACK.OUT Editor because you're DONE with it!  :D

-----------------------
STEP 4 - Back to CDmage
-----------------------

Remember, this is the BETA version of CDmage. Very crucial!

1. Go back into CDmage again and make sure your Final Fantasy Tactics BIN file is loaded up. Go back to the EVENT directory again and locate ATTACK.OUT.

2. Right click ATTACK.OUT and then click "Import File..." (If you didn't get the BETA version of CDmage, you will NOT get the "Import File..." option! See, I told you the BETA version was crucial!)

3. Locate the path to your newly modified ATTACK.OUT file and open it.

4. You should get a "File imported successfully." window prompt. Click OK.

5. Close CDmage...you're DONE with it!

-------------------------
STEP 5 - Loading the Game
-------------------------

This is hopefully the fun part. No steps here really... Now that your BIN file is patched up, load up your favorite PSX emulator and load the newly modified BIN file as you normally would. Create a new game and skip to the first battle. If all went well, you should see Alma right there where Alicia used to be! SUCCESS! Try out her Magic Barrier spell for yourself (if you've enabled the 'Control' checkbox on her as mentioned earlier). Even if you didn't enable the Control checkbox, chances are she'll still use Magic Barrier on Ramza.

STEP 6 - Ripping the Sound

I won't go into details about how to do this. I'm assuming most of you know how to rip sounds by now if you're this interested in ripping game sound effects. But, you know what they say about assuming...

Anyway, all you really need to do is make sure your sound card's recording device is set to "What U Hear" or "Stereo Mix", etc. Then go into your sound editing program of choice. When in there, start recording, load up your game and start playing. Once you execute the spell you wanted to hear, close up the game (or alt tab) and stop the recording. Crop out all the dead space you don't want in the recording, blam, you've got your sound!

That should do it for this tutorial. If you have any questions, feel free to respond on the forums or send me a private message.

I have to thank Zodiac more than anyone for being understanding and patient with me. I probably sent like 4-5 private messages to him, pestering him until I got this right. Thanks a lot, man! You helped a TON! Not to mention your tools are freakin' amazing.

This is pretty much my first-ever online tutorial. I hope it was clear enough for you all. If not, I'll make sure to make it as transparent as possible if people get hung up on something. I hope you enjoy it!

Oh yeah...here's that Magic Barrier sound (finally)!!!
http://bmoussavi.com/fftsounds/Final%20Fantasy%20Tactics%20-%20Magic%20Barrier.mp3

I also decided to rip the potion sound while I was at it:
http://bmoussavi.com/fftsounds/Final%20Fantasy%20Tactics%20-%20Potion.mp3

-------------
UPDATE - Feb 11, 2011
-------------

I've been ripping more sounds when free time has come up. Getting to a lot of the sounds is a tricky task, one I may not be able to complete, not by a long shot. Here's the location of a zip file including all the sounds I've ripped to date:

Currently I've ripped 89 sound effects from Final Fantasy Tactics, mostly involving character abilities, magic spells, and basic abilities.

Here's the current list of sounds:

Final Fantasy Tactics - Absorb Used MP.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Angel Song Hit.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Angel Song.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Asura Black.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Bolt 2.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Bolt 3.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Bolt 4.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Bolt.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Cheer Song Hit.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Cheer Song.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Confusion Song.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Cure 2.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Cure 3.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Cure 4.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Cure.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Darkness.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Death Sentence.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Death.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Demi 2.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Demi.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Disillusion Hit.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Disillusion.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Dispel Magic.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Dont Move.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Doubt Faith.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Esuna.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Fairy.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Fire 2.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Fire 4.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Fire.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Flare.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Float.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Foxbird.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Frog.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Haste 2.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Haste.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Heal.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Heaven Bltback.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Holy.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Ice 2.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Ice.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Insult.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Invitation.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Last Dance Hit.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Last Dance.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Life Song Hit.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Life Song.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Magic Barrier.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Maidens Kiss.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Meteor.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Mimic Daravon.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Nameless Dance Hit.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Nameless Dance.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Paralyze.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Persuade.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Polka Polka Hit.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Polka Polka.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Potion.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Praise.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Preach.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Protect.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Quick.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Raise 2.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Raise.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Reflect.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Regen.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Reraise.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Sandstorm.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Shake Off.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Shell.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Silf.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Slow 2.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Slow.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Solution.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Spin Fist.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Steal Exp.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Steal Gil.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Steal Heart.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Stop.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Teleport.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Threaten.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Trap.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Wall.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Wish.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Witch Hunt Hit.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Witch Hunt.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Wiznaibus Hit.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Wiznaibus.mp3
Final Fantasy Tactics - Zombie.mp3

You can find the rar file that includes all of these sound effects here:
http://www.bmoussavi.com/fftsounds/FinalFantasyTacticsSoundEffects.rar

Enjoy! Hopefully I'll have more to come.

If you have any to contribute or want to help me get more of the rare sounds, send me configurations from your FFTPatcher and/or save files from the game that may help me out. I mainly use pSX as my emulator of choice, if that matters.

Special thanks to philsov, Dome, Zodiac and all others who have helped me get to this point...not to mention Google's website cache system that helped me recover this lost tutorial! <3 you, Google!

ffta707

Good tutorial. Looks like it has some helpful information on it :P

P.S. Your avatar is sweet.

Bowser Koopa

Thanks for the comments, ffta707! Glad you liked my avatar. :) You inspired me to go through with making a new one. The old avatar I made was from like 8-9 years ago and was related to a character I usually draw. This is the same character drawn in more of my normal style: http://bmoussavi.com/images/killerkabob070903.jpg

I wanted to use that old avatar for this board since it fit in with the FFT theme, obviously. But, I committed to the name Bowser Koopa before thinking things through! So anyway, I decided to make a new Bowser Koopa Final Fantasy Tactics style and put him up as my avatar. I loooove the style of portraits done in FFT. It's definitely a challenge to try and emulate it too.

Xifanie

Dammit, what the hell. Another kick ass artist. That was unexpected.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Bowser Koopa

lol, I don't want to hear it, Zodiac. I come on here and all you guys with programmer-like mindsets kill me. I look into something like adding a custom character (with custom sprites and the whole 9 yards) to FFT and I'm just blown away with how difficult it all is. 99% of the stuff you guys spew up here on the forums is just completely over my head. Hell, I'm surprised I was able to figure out how to use the freakin' FFTPatcher! Regardless, thanks for the compliment.

If I get more free time, I'd love to try my hand at adding a custom character to the game, but it seems like that might require quite a bit of time and effort...maybe one day.

BTW, side note, Zodiac, should this topic be moved to the Help forum? Sorry if I put this up in the wrong section of the forums! If you think it's fine here, by all means, leave it.

ffta707

Well, your new one is a piece of art also. These are great :). lol zodiac.

EDIT:
Someone should base a monster sprite off that avatar.

Xifanie

Actually it should be probably submitted as a tutorial for the site.
And don't think there are many high level hackers here. Not much people know how to code, I only know 5 actually, 3 at most being active. Honestly, there are more artists on FFH, even if some rarely sprite, still, your drawing skills are top-notch and it's rare here. People mostly sprite.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

ffta707

That avatar is not only just pixel art, that is pure Artistic talent. I'm sure Mercenaries and other large scale patches would really love to have your skills.

Bowser Koopa

Wow, dunno what to say, other than thanks again, guys! I feel the love. :)

If I get some time in, I'd love to help others with characters if they need it. I'm about to get heavily involved in an iphone/ipad game, but if that takes maybe 4-5 months to do, I'd get some good free time going after that. I'd love to help with a FFT mod, I think it could be really cool.

Zodiac, your avatar looks rather custom too. Correct me if I'm wrong on that. Who did your avatar?

Xifanie

Me, but I think it sucks... it needs some major rework, especially the hair.

FFMaster

Just curious... who are the 3 active hackers? Because you are the only hacker I think... Razele/Nates/fdc are basically inactive.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Bowser Koopa

Hey fellas,

I've ripped quite a few more sounds from the game tonight after figuring out how to (sort of) assign proper abilities to character classes, etc. I'm going to keep a zip file in the original post of this thread that has all of the sounds I've ripped to date. Zodiac, if you prefer I take this to another thread, please just say the word.

I'm not sure if enabling some abilities is possible through the FFTPatcher.exe file. For instance, whenever I try to use a calculator in the first encounter in Mandalia Plains, he cannot execute anything from his Math Skill set. I think this is for obvious reasons...I'm basically plugging this random allied character in the map (as in he's not in my team) and he hasn't learned any math combinations. There are several classes like this that give me a hard time.

Also, all of the classes I've encountered generate random spells in their arsenal. For instance, if I load the game up with a Time Mage one time, he might have Haste and Slow. The next time I load the game up, he'll have Haste 2 and nothing else. Again, these characters are characters I'm placing straight into Mandalia Plains with no real associate to my party.

BTW, adding 4-5 allied characters @ lvl 99 on Mandalia Plains doesn't agree with FFT. I can get through one round of attacks, then the game just hangs. The characters keep animating, but the AI just flips out, sitting there and does absolutely nothing.

Anyway, if you guys want to help me build up this library, please help me sort out some of these issues. Or, better yet, let me know if you can send me specific configurations you may have that could help me blow past these issues (save files, FFTPatcher config files, etc).

I'm still debating if I should rip any more sounds in the mean time. I got most of the easily accessible sounds that I could. The others are very situational and/or rely on the characters learning other abilities before they can execute the abilities in their primary class's skill set. I may have more to come...keep your eyes peeled on this thread if you're interested.

Archael

I need critical hit (slashing) and the 3 different shield blocking SFX ASAP

Bowser Koopa

Quote from: "Voldemort"I need critical hit (slashing) and the 3 different shield blocking SFX ASAP

I'll see if I can help you, but no guarantees. If nothing else, I could really use a save file from someone who's gotten really far in FFT and who's maxed out just about every character class there is (Calculator, Mediator, Oracle, etc.). This way, I could always use their characters in random battles and just disable music for that level, then start ripping sounds from those levels.

I'll have to see if I can hunt down any save games on the net that might be able to help me. If any of you can help, again, please let me know!

Dome

Quote from: "Bowser Koopa"
Quote from: "Voldemort"I need critical hit (slashing) and the 3 different shield blocking SFX ASAP

I'll see if I can help you, but no guarantees. If nothing else, I could really use a save file from someone who's gotten really far in FFT and who's maxed out just about every character class there is (Calculator, Mediator, Oracle, etc.). This way, I could always use their characters in random battles and just disable music for that level, then start ripping sounds from those levels.

I'll have to see if I can hunt down any save games on the net that might be able to help me. If any of you can help, again, please let me know!
I can help you with that
I have a full 1.3 save with every character with all abilities (Except Zodiac)

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

philsov

Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Bowser Koopa

Bowser Koopa

Man, Dome and philsov, I love you guys. To get the original 29 or whatever sound effects I ripped, I had to reset the game about 10 times at the LEAST. I captured 38 new sounds in one sitting with your save files. I wound up using philsov's 99 characters, only because he was right at Deep Dungeon. I didn't feel like fighting my way to that area with your save file, Dome...just takes so much time with those random battles!

Anyway, like I said, I was able to capture a bunch more sounds. Couldn't have done it without you guys! I should have more on the way in the near future. I have a contract gig coming up starting tomorrow, so I'll have to put sound ripping off for a day or two, though I'm dying to capture more. The list of sound effects has been updated in the original post. I've also appended a special thanks section. :)

Voldemort, I'm sorry...but at this point in time I can't get what you're asking for. Those are very situational sound effects you're asking for and would require some fiddling around to get them. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but follow my tutorial above on how to capture sounds and see if you can nab them yourself. If I have time one day to get them, I'll try, but right now with my schedule, I just don't have time. I hope you understand.

Dome -- Side note...is there any way I could convince you to get your party to deep dungeon for me? If I had time, I'd do it myself...but alas I can't at the moment. If you could do that for me and send me a new save file, that would help a bunch! Your characters are a bit more advanced than philsov's 99ers.

Dome

Quote from: "Bowser Koopa"Dome -- Side note...is there any way I could convince you to get your party to deep dungeon for me? If I had time, I'd do it myself...but alas I can't at the moment. If you could do that for me and send me a new save file, that would help a bunch! Your characters are a bit more advanced than philsov's 99ers.
Sure

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Bowser Koopa

Hey guys,

I've been meaning to post an update on here for awhile, but kept forgetting about it or just got tied up with other side work. I've updated the rar file on my website. The bank is up to 89 ripped sound effects from the game. If anyone else feels like adding to this, be my guest! I'm going to be busy for awhile and won't have time to update it.

Also, Xifanie, any chance I could convince you to pin this tutorial up somewhere so it doesn't get lost in the seas of the internet? That would be awesome. :)

Happy hacking, all.