• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

CCP - Battle Logs

Started by Wiz, June 24, 2011, 02:50:07 pm

Reks

Quote from: snovlo on April 14, 2017, 11:29:18 pm
i wonder how to poach?

Poaching was removed. Celdie hasn't reimplemented it for reasons, probably being not knowing what to do with it.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

snovlo

yeah just confuse a lil bit because of the existence of fur shop and no rsm related to poaching. lol
but it's good

about the rooftop battle saving rafa, it was so tricky for me.. suddenly rafa go wild and not controlable like the other story battle with controlable guest. 7 times trying that battle.  that's surprising lol

RJ Cid

Hey all!

This patch is amazing! The new classes are really good! I understand you're working on a remake of it?

Not sure if this has come up yet, but I just got to Ch.4 and when I head to Goug to initiate the Beowulf subquest battles, I get a permenant loading screen. I'm playing on a psx 1.13. Any ways around this glitch? I'd hate to start my whole game over again, although it is a fun patch!

Nyzer

Working on a remake? Not sure what gives you that impression. The posts I've seen from Celdia indicate that RL has become too high priority to develop CCP further for the time being.

RJ Cid

Gotcha. Must've misread something in passing...

So I'm still curious about the permanent loading screen when initiating the Ch.4 side quests. I'm playing v1.96 on PSX 1.13 emulator. Any ways to get around this, hopefully without having to switch to a different emulator?

3lric

Quote from: RJ Cid on August 03, 2018, 03:41:40 pm
Gotcha. Must've misread something in passing...

So I'm still curious about the permanent loading screen when initiating the Ch.4 side quests. I'm playing v1.96 on PSX 1.13 emulator. Any ways to get around this, hopefully without having to switch to a different emulator?

Sounds like a worldmap spreadsheet issue or an attack.out issue. Would need the data used to create the mod, not just the mod itself.
  • Modding version: PSX

RJ Cid

Thank you very much for the response, Elric. Sure thing, I can send you whatever you need, but I'd hate to interrupt anything you guys are busy with. Any other suggestions I could noddle around with?

I did unzip the FFT rom from the same zip folder and used it to splice them together. That's the same zip file I used for 1.3 & Jot5. Should I re-downoad a new FFT rom and patch?

3lric

Well, the problem is, we would probably need the stuff that celdia used when making it. Such as the attack.out conditions sheet as well as the worldmap conditions sheet. I kind of doubt its event related or scenario related, so the test.evt and attack.out from the patched game wouldnt be of much help. A infinite loading screen is usually caused by it trying to call the wrong scene in one of the two places i mentioned before.

RJ Cid

What course of action might be suggested? I would love to experience this entire patch. Missing out on Beowulf, Worker 8, Reis, & Cloud would break my big old heart  :cry:

Nyzer

... Asking Celdia herself if she can upload or send that stuff?

Then trying your hand at fixing it afterwards.

3lric

If Celdia could confirm whether or not there was any worldmap condition or attack.out condition edits, that would help (the sheets would be needed if so), else it would just be attack.out gui or event edits.

Either way I can't help without the proper file, and likely, files.

It would be an easy fix as I'm pretty much doing the same fixes for TLW right now while running thru it on what i hope will be the 'final' pre-NG+ build.

RJ Cid

I noticed an Attack.Out editor program on this page, and YouTube channel has available tutorials by 3lric42 (can I connect the dots and say that you both are same person?). I will d/l these programs and follow the tutorials as best I can. What should I look for under the first Worker8/side quest event? Maybe a simple "snag" that is easily corrected?

Furthermore, I should ask if there's another forum on this page that I should post these kind of technical questions? I don't want to clog this one up if Celdia prefers feedback rather than technical issues.

3lric

Yes thats me, but again, you are not understanding. The issue that would cause an event to infinite load on being called like that, would have to do with the settings (hex code) on the worldmap/attack.out sheets themselves. Specifically the ones used in making CCP.

This isnt something youd fix in the attack.out GUI, you need the source files for this specific mod, which, to my knowledge, only Celdia would have.

RJ Cid

Alright then. My bad for not understanding the situation better. Thanks for your help dude  :cool:

3lric

No worries. If you can get a hold of her via PM or something, i can fix it with the files she has.

RJ Cid

Hello

After my issue with Celdia's Complete Patch (infinite loading screen when trying to initiate the Ch.4 sidequests), I played Parted Ways and ran into the same issue. I'm just curious if these patches were meant solely for ePSX instead of psx 1.13? Or maybe something's up with the original rom itself? I pulled from the same zip file as 1.3, but in another folder. Also, it won't allow me to have multiple FFT patched files or let me rename them once they're spliced.

I'm posting this because 1)I want to see if anyone else here has encountered this problem, 2)it's tough to play all the way through to Ch.4 to find out if it's fixed or not, and 3) I want to make certain that Jot5 runs smoothly once you guys are ready to release Ch.2.

Elric also posted some theories earlier about attack.out on the original files for CCP. I'm bringing this back up because it happened again with another patch. Thx guys!

Nyzer

Are they both working for you on ePSXe, then?

3lric

Quote from: RJ Cid on August 21, 2018, 01:15:52 pm
Hello

After my issue with Celdia's Complete Patch (infinite loading screen when trying to initiate the Ch.4 sidequests), I played Parted Ways and ran into the same issue. I'm just curious if these patches were meant solely for ePSX instead of psx 1.13? Or maybe something's up with the original rom itself? I pulled from the same zip file as 1.3, but in another folder. Also, it won't allow me to have multiple FFT patched files or let me rename them once they're spliced.

I'm posting this because 1)I want to see if anyone else here has encountered this problem, 2)it's tough to play all the way through to Ch.4 to find out if it's fixed or not, and 3) I want to make certain that Jot5 runs smoothly once you guys are ready to release Ch.2.

Elric also posted some theories earlier about attack.out on the original files for CCP. I'm bringing this back up because it happened again with another patch. Thx guys!

Jot5 will be console friendly (and also other emulator friendly) CCP was not made to be able to work on consoles and will have issues in emulators other than ePSXe (unless that was fixed and I'm not aware of it) IIRC this is due to the ALMA ASM used in it. Parted Ways uses ALMA as well.

RJ Cid

Cool. I've had problems with ePSXe before, but if it's the recommended emulator for these patches then I'll figure it out. I shall let you know if it worked once I reach Ch. 4 again, but I need a break from FFT for a bit. You guys rock!

3lric

You can use your memory card from pSX on ePSXe