• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:20:33 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Can't fix OPEN.LZW bug on FFTactext

Started by Razel, October 06, 2018, 11:18:50 pm

Razel

Hey guys, I may be new to the forum but I've been working with FFT patching since last year (when I found the site). Going straight to the point, while making my patch I've encountered the OPEN.LZW DTE bug quite a few times, but I always managed to fix it by creating a ffttext of my edit and patching the iso with it. That is until recently this method stopped working. I quickly came to the forum looking for another fix and found out about removing the kanjis from the game. Did that with sound test and ended up getting another bug, the object reference bug. I managed to remove the diary kanjis, but I still got the OPEN.LZW bug. I kept searching for a solution and found the method Celdia utilizes (creating a ffttext of a clean iso and copying the open.lzw information from it and pasting on your edited file) but unfortunately that didn't work for me. Checking the size of my phrases, none seem to be bigger than the vannila ones.

After all that search for an answer I coudn't find, I decided to come here asking for help. Is there another fix I could try, or is my patch dead (have to start all over)?
  • Modding version: PSX

3lric

Open it in Xif's Texteditor, and check for illegal characters

Razel

i'll try that, and thanks for the quick response! :)

Razel

I just checked my file on Xif's Texteditor and apparently there are none invalid characters.

Razel

Hey it worked! Thanks Elric, I just saved my ffttext with xifaine's text editor and I mangaed to patch my iso with it!
Again, thank you so much Elric!

3lric

Glad you got it sorted, next time please use the edit button instead of triple posting, lol