• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

[Fangame] Megaman: Power Up!!

Started by Vanya, December 08, 2011, 12:39:01 pm

Vanya

Hmmm... That certainly gives me a broad starting point. I think I'll do a study of the enemy designs in MM1 and similar copy characters from the rest of the series and work from there. I'll probably also pose this question to the Mega-freaks over at The Mega Man Network. Thanks. :)

PS- What's up with all the pony love lately? It seems like every hack/programming/resource site I visit has a significant pony presence. One dude over at Sprites Inc. is even planning a Megaman/Pony crossover game.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Vanya

After analyzing Copy Robot's actual appearances in the games he's in I think I've decided to give him a super-generic, plain, doppelganger-like design for his normal mode. And as a bonus power up he'll take on hie "Megaman?" form which basically has Megaman C's powers. Which I'm sure that you'll all appreciate since Megaman C isn't going to be in my game.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Celdia

If I hadn't been so distracted this week with the SDA marathon I might've seen this sooner. Better late than never, I did a little prototype idea for your Copy Robot which you're welcome to use if you like it. The idea for the face is actually a random take on Kirby's 'Copy' ability from Kirby Super Star.

• Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Kaijyuu

QuoteWhat's up with all the pony love lately? It seems like every hack/programming/resource site I visit has a significant pony presence. One dude over at Sprites Inc. is even planning a Megaman/Pony crossover game.

If you've got 22 minutes, this is pretty much why.

Anywho I think the doppelganger and/or kirby copy ideas are both good.
  • Modding version: PSX

Vanya

Quote from: Celdia on January 09, 2012, 04:23:01 pm
If I hadn't been so distracted this week with the SDA marathon I might've seen this sooner. Better late than never, I did a little prototype idea for your Copy Robot which you're welcome to use if you like it. The idea for the face is actually a random take on Kirby's 'Copy' ability from Kirby Super Star.

That's reasonably close to the concept I sketched. I like the idea of using the kirby copy power for the visor. That'll be a nice little nod for the observant. Thanks for the contribution.

Quote from: Kaijyuu on January 09, 2012, 06:32:21 pm
If you've got 22 minutes, this is pretty much why.

Anywho I think the doppelganger and/or kirby copy ideas are both good.

Ah. I see. I actually remember the country western one with the apple on her butt from back in the 80's.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Vanya

January 26, 2012, 02:06:39 am #45 Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 04:41:13 am by Vanya
Here's A little something I've been working on since the loss of my data.
Started as an upgrade of just one frame of the original Megaman sprite for a friend. Also, includes an 8-bit X & and an 8-bit-ish Megaman.EXE based on Zero (v2.0). Those are for a perler bead project for my friend's nephew, they aren't gonna be in the game.

When I finish it, it'll be used as a base for some of the other playable characters. He ended up about the same size as Megaman from the Wily Wars, so I took part of one of those sprites for mine.

Edit:
Threw this together for an edit I'd like to do to Megaman Zero Collection so I don't have to put up with the rather nonsensical palette choices.

¯\(°_0)/¯

Vanya

¯\(°_0)/¯