• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:06:35 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

I am pretty new at this, but.....

Started by lionheart17, October 18, 2012, 11:59:03 pm

lionheart17

I haven't tried a single patch yet or any hacking or anything. I have been playing on epsxe and I've been fooling around with different gameshark codes. I read a thread on here about how hard it would be to upsize the amount of characters in your party from 16-24. Okay, on to the point, when I started my game, I added delita, balmafula, alma and olan to my team using the gameshark. As you all know delita and alma are in your party for awhile as guest as you proceed for the storyline. At the point that either character left my team, I lost the ones that I had been leveling up and instead I was left with a guest version of them. I remade both of them and I was getting annoyed by the fact that I had two of each of them and I couldn't use them or remove them so I found out that you can change them into other characters, just like how you can change your regular party members. I'm completely new to all of this, I don't know much about codes even, but I'm wondering if there is possibly a gameshark code that you can use to like, send out guest characters? It does sound like a lot of work, but I'm pretty sure that you can have four guests at a time. Maybe more. I don't have much time on my hands, but I'm wondering if you created let's say, delita, agria, mustadio, alma, ovelia for your team and played through if they would also leave "guest ghosts" in your party. Also, I'm wondering if you changed those "guest ghosts" into monsters would they be able to breed with other monsters in your party? Thanks for taking the time to read this, I may not have a clue what I'm talking about lol.
Killing with a smile.

lionheart17

I'm wondering if they would all five leave ghosts, because that would mean that you could technically have more than twenty characters. It would be so sweet if there was a code to send out the guest players.
Killing with a smile.

yrogerg

Do this: download FFTPatcher open your iso then there is a tab called ENTD, figure out which is your next story battle by looking at the bottom of the list. Then look at the units involved in the battle pick one general unit then flag from the options in the right side:Immortal (so even if the unit dies in battle it will not be crystalised) and join after battle. Now go to the options in the left side and choose your desired sprite (NOTE: if you pick someone that it isn't meant to be in your team in formation screen he will be seen as Ramza) and in the bottom the correct skillset (depends with the job) and items.

Hope this helps
Me, staring back at you!

lionheart17

I think I see what you are saying. If I have it set to where they will join my team after battle, wouldn't that just mean I'd have to make room in my original sixteen slot party? I'm not very good at explaining things, but that's what I'm getting from looking at those menu's you mentioned. I'm trying to draw guest characters out in every battle, because I have permanent guests from a slight glitch caused by using the gameshark.
Killing with a smile.

yrogerg

Quote from: lionheart17 on October 20, 2012, 04:17:52 am
because I have permanent guests from a slight glitch caused by using the gameshark

Try and download FFTastic. Its a savegame editor. File-> open-> Fine your memcard-> Then see in the top left of the window there is a character selection list-> Pick your character and in the middle of the window there is an active and guest options-> flag them and hope this do the work OR you will have to restart the game, i think?

And try not to use gameshark
Me, staring back at you!

lionheart17

That sounds like it might be useful :) Thanks a lot for helping me, and as I'm starting to figure this out more and more there's not going to be any need/desire to use a gameshark.
Killing with a smile.