• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Hello FFH! I'm new here but eager to learn!!

Started by Devreckas, October 15, 2012, 06:50:56 pm

Devreckas

Hey everybody!

I'm excited to check this place out!  I've tried out a couple of hacks (insanely derpy, Celdia) and they're awesome!  After seeing how great they can turn out, I would really like trying out a few ideas I've had for the game... But I'm pretty much starting at ground zero here (I've done some programming in java, c++, but not much)... I'm sure I'm getting in wayy over my head, but any pointers on where to start?

Eternal

Welcome to FFH, where all your dreams come true!

Your best bet would be to start by playing with the FFTPatcher and FFTactext, which are the bread and butter of any mod you'll want to make.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Devreckas

Thanks! ...I'm gonna look into those, is there a good tutorial you'd suggest for them?

Eternal

Honestly, the best way to learn those tools is to dive right in. They're really self-explanatory and easy to use.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817