• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:05:58 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

A Very Special PW Update!

Started by Eternal248, December 03, 2011, 12:45:43 pm

Eternal

No, no, PW is far from dead. In fact, it's getting a slight overhaul!

In the next update, Elementalists are going to be replaced by a new job- Shinobi. I know you're all saying to yourselves, "But Eternal, Assassins are already the Ninja-esque job! Why should we have another?" Well, simply, these are Ninja of a vastly different breed from Assassins. The Shinobi will follow the more realistic view of traditional Ninja, by combining Ninja skills with a traditional Geomancer skill. Depending on the terrain the Shinobi is on, they'll be able to perform a different Bansenshukai skill.

Their skillset is currently this (better Japanese names coming soon):

Smoke Bomb (Damage and Blind in a small AoE)
Suiton (Water damage and Silence on a single enemy)
Mokuton (Earth damage and Confuse on a single enemy)
Stonestance (Protect/Shell on self)
Shadowbind (Immobilize on a single enemy)
Fuuton (Wind damage and Float on a single enemy)
Shuriken (Four hits and a chance of Poison on a single enemy)
Miasma (Undead and/or Poison on an enemy)
Petroguard (Defend on self)
Evanescence (Slow on enemies 2 AoE around self)
Flee (Haste and Float on self)
Katon (Heavy Fire damage and Oil on a single enemy)

In addition to those skills, the Shinobi will have Waterwalking as an innate skill, allowing them to easily get to their prey. In addition to this, Shinobi will be able to use Knives, Rods, Staves, Poles and Katana, giving them a wide array of weapon types based on how you wish to use your Shinobi. They'll have the same job prereqs as the Elementalist, so they won't be too hard to unlock.

Shinobi aside, I'm fixing a bunch of weird little bugs that slipped past before, such as the transgender Freelancer at Gariland. Freelancers will also be getting an overhaul, so look forward to that! :)
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

3lric

• Modding version: PSX

Eternal

To add to this:

Freelancers lose Mirror's Edge, Smashing Blow, Cleanse, Prism, Zantetsu, and Wind Cleaver.
Freelancers gain First Aid (small HP restore, cleanses Poison/Blind/Silence) and Aim (100% accurate weapon strike).

Snipers lose Blinding Smoke, gain Oblivion Snare (cancels Charging/Defending/Performing 100%).

Berserkers gain Bonecrusher (damage equal to lost HP) and Sight Unseeing (50% HP damage if the enemy is Blind).

Harbingers gain Transfusion (sacrifices some HP to heal an ally).

Brigands lose Slice.
Brigands gain Blowdart (3 range minor damage with a chance of Sleep).
Gunpoint renamed to Extort.

Psions gain Fear, which lowers an enemy's Fury by 20.

Oh yeah, and some new random battles, too. ;)
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Scearcely

GeneralStrife

Quote from: Eternal248 on December 03, 2011, 12:45:43 pm
No, no, PW is far from dead. In fact, it's getting a slight overhaul!

Good to announce it. Some of the lurkers were getting nervous.
New class sounds fun. How are the events coming along?

Kagebunji

After weeks of nagging something finally awakens here :P

Though I wish you did item icons first, instead of a new job(which will probably cause bugs, and you will work on them untill you get burnt out again)...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Eternal

Nah, Shinobi is basically Geomancer so it won't be too buggy. The biggest problem will be Counter Flood, but that'll likely just be removed.

Eternal

I've also decided on Gerard and Quinn's skillsets.

Gerard (Beastmaster) is going to have Innate: Tame, and a variety of learn-on-hit Monster Skills, very similar to a Blue Mage. He'll use Knives, Flails, and Bows and will be obtained at Sweegy Woods. Although he'll start crappy, if you put effort into filling out his skillset, he'll be great all through the game.

Quinn (Ecclesian Sage) is going to use Vanilla Math Skill, albeit with a heavier focus on defensive magicks. I plan for her to be in three battles- Orbonne Third Floor, Orbonne First Floor, and Outside Murond Cathedral.

I'm also toying with the idea of making Accessories omniclass again, like they are in Vanilla. Thoughts?

3lric

Quote from: Eternal248 on December 08, 2011, 05:07:10 pm

Gerard (Beastmaster) is going to have Innate: Tame, and a variety of learn-on-hit Monster Skills, very similar to a Blue Mage. He'll use Knives, Flails, and Bows and will be obtained at Sweegy Woods. Although he'll start crappy, if you put effort into filling out his skillset, he'll be great all through the game.

Quinn (Ecclesian Sage) is going to use Vanilla Math Skill, albeit with a heavier focus on defensive magicks. I plan for her to be in three battles- Orbonne Third Floor, Orbonne First Floor, and Outside Murond Cathedral.

I'm also toying with the idea of making Accessories omniclass again, like they are in Vanilla. Thoughts?

I really like your ideas here, especially the Beastmaster/Blue Mage. But i must ask, how will you get over the weakness of the monster skills that you mentioned to me on IRC the other day when i was talking about Cloud having an Enemy Skill Class?

Eternal

Leaning more towards using defensive Blue Magic or Percentile skills that don't really rely on a solid stat. Not 100% sure yet, but I know that'll be his theme.

3lric

Quote from: Eternal248 on December 08, 2011, 05:16:33 pm
Leaning more towards using defensive Blue Magic or Percentile skills that don't really rely on a solid stat. Not 100% sure yet, but I know that'll be his theme.

Ah that's neat, Durbs had a similar idea as well for a Beastmaster type Generic that wouldn't be available to the player but would be sort of like this, to appear in random battles with monsters to buff them up as well as provide monster skill to give them that extra move.

GeneralStrife

Quote from: Eternal248 on December 08, 2011, 05:07:10 pm

Sweet, so we are getting special characters for our party?

Eternal

For space reasons, only Gerard will join your party, but a former ally will turn against you when I finish events, so you'll have room for Gerard.