• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 12:48:34 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Uploading multiple custom characters in gariland

Started by gt1018, November 21, 2010, 09:05:18 pm

gt1018

Hi guys, I'm new here and this would be my 1st post obviously.. okay.. so uh how do i start. well first I would like to thank Jon and CIDIII for their tutorials here they were very helpful! however I have a few questions in mind as I try to create multiple unique characters. I'm quite lost. no problems creating 1 since I just followed jon's guide and it worked perfectly!

okay so here's what i know:
1. I know how to edit sprites and portraits ONLY and have them replace a valid character in game using sishi ONLY.
2. I know how to edit Simon's character (including all his job, skillset, name to use, event appearances, etc) into one of my unique ones all thanks to jon!

but what i want to know now is:
1. is it possible to create your own character and have them appear in game (magic city gariland) WITHOUT replacing any other valid character (valid in a way that they are used in game)? like Simon?  
2. If it's not possible then I would like to use celia and lede "never used" sprite sheets in sishi. This would give me two unique characters to put in game, right..? so I thought I could replace them via sishi into one of the custom sprites here and edit 188 entry in ENTD tab and replace one of the generic's sprite into 3a/3b. so the sprite worked perfectly in battle. but in formation screen its bugged since I didn't edit UNIT and WLDFACE bin files. The problem is i don't know which spritesheet (Celia/Lede) is linked to which entries in the BIN files. Not to mention the skillsets they are linked to.. agh  :(

so yeah basically i just want 2 or 3 unique characters in game.. I can do 1 already with jon's tutorial by replacing Simon. but 1 simply isn't enough.. Any inputs/replies would be very much appreciated.. If this has already been answered in other posts, can you pls direct me as well?

VampragonLord

@1) you can edit and fix some sprites (malak has like 3, gafgarion has 2, etc. Just rewrite all their sprite ties to one specific one, and you now have a spare sprite slot) 56-5A are all generic squires. etc.

@ 2) its possible, skillsets arent toooo hard to figure out, and worst case scenario there is trial and error.  if there is a specific skillset you want to know about, feel free to ask.
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Kourama

Just to add, Raja has 2 sprites, Gafagrion has 2 sprites, Mustadio has 2 sprites, Malak has 2 sprites, Alma has 3 sprites, Agrias has 2 sprites, and Melidoul has 2 sprites as well. I'm pretty sure that's all of them.

philsov

Quote1. is it possible to create your own character and have them appear in game (magic city gariland) WITHOUT replacing any other valid character (valid in a way that they are used in game)? like Simon?

No, there is no free space to freely form your own people.  All classes are used in game, though some are used as storyline-only (Arc Witch/Arc Duke/High Priest/probably more.... ie, balmafula, barinten, funeral) and some are incredibly rare and minor (Undead wizard/knight/archer/summoner/oracle, e.g.)
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

gt1018

oookay.. thanks everyone for your help i'll try to figure things out given the extra sprites below. thanks again!

yoyoyo2358

Hi guys, this thread is EXACTLY what I was trying to do. Thanks for the answers, but I am still curious, do you know a way to link a portrait/menu icon to a sprite. For instance, I have everything set up under Celia/Lede and I was wondering if I could link some unused portraits/menu icons to these sprites?

3lric

If you have a question like this make a new thread, don't resurrect a 3 year old thread, especially when none (maybe 1) of the people who posted are even active anymore.
  • Modding version: PSX

Jumza

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=6702.msg138662#msg138662
I think this is what you're looking for.

If you have a question please search for your answer first, there is a search bar in the top-right corner for a reason. (Always feel free to post here though, preferably without necro-bumping things).
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.