• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:43:06 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance: Grim Grimoire (Latest version: Beta 0.993)

Started by Eternal, June 23, 2013, 07:50:32 pm

Eternal

Right after Square-Enix pops up before the title screen, it'll say Final Fantasy Hacktics, and then Darthatron + Eternal if it was patched properly. You're going to want to patch an existing file (your untouched FFTA ROM). If you're getting a checksum error, my guess is that you're either not using a US FFTA ROM, or it's already been patched with something else.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

SwirlingPetals

I'm new to this whole... everything so I don't know if this was intended or not, but missions always have laws, not only that but certain missions seem to have certain laws. For example, the mission I'm on (one of the "Wanted!" missions) always has 2 laws (no matter the day I entered them):
One forbidding Missile weapons and recommending Swords (which makes my poor Archer useless)
One forbidding the usage of Law Cards, in fact, every mission so far seems to have this law, sometimes appearing twice (I guess they REALLY don't want us using law cards)
On top of that, the world map never displays any laws being in effect.

Eternal

That is intended. Switching jobs and strategies around is key- Laws will always be set for each battle.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

SwirlingPetals

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. That's a really good idea too, the original was kind of boring in the sense that after I got Gunner, Ninja, Sniper and Dragoon my party almost never changed.
Either way I got through the match (only 2 members were alive though), if only because I got really lucky on my Fencer's Swallowtail missing my party members almost everytime.

Eternal

For all those wondering, I've been working a lot on KO PSP Critical Mode and Parted Ways lately. After I finish my test run for KO PSP Critical Mode, I'll be doing a test drive of GG and with any luck, once that's done, 1.0 will be finally released! Thank you all for your patience! :)

chocolatemoose

kedar

Narcissistic Black

I had some questions about some things.

Quote from: Eternal on June 23, 2013, 07:50:32 pm
-Laws have been removed.

Does this mean that the prisons and judges serve no purpose now or of have you made something new for them?

Quote-All enemy levels scale with the party.

Does its only go off of the main characters level?

Quote-Tooltips will not display the correct information.

Will this be fixed in the full release version or is this not editable?

Eternal

-Laws are back, but each battle has set Laws. Prisons and Judges still serve their purpose. Law Cards can't be used except for Clan Fights to shift those battles into your favor.

-Enemy levels scale based on the average level of the party.

-Descriptions have been changed and are now (mostly) accurate.

Enjoy! :)

bcrobert

My FFTA hacking tools: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9559.0

Believe it or not, I'm still working on this game.

SilverAuron

I was wondering if something has been done(if it is even possible) about the "named generics", you know, Eldena Pallaza and the like. I was mostly interested in the "time of recruit", because some fo them are pretty far in the story, and most importantly, their join level. Last time I tried getting them as fast as possible, they were A LOT higher than the rest of my party, leaving me with (near start of the game) a 6 lv7-9 characthers, two lv 12, a lv 16 and a wopping Lv 20 Pallaza(or was it cheney?). This, of course kind of screwed me up a little (ok with pallaza I "cheated" by tradind the wymthing from aprevious complete save file, but still). Another thing I was interested in was if you had any intention to change the "original 4's" starting classes, we talked about it months ago but it was not mentioned again.

Eternal

I know we had briefly discussed the starting roster, but I've grown to like it how it is now. As far as recruitable characters are concerned, they join at the party's average level now, so they shouldn't throw you off like they did before.

bcrobert

Starting roster should be 3 bangaa and 3 nu mou. At level 50. With all skills mastered. LIZARDMAGE DESTRUCTION SQUAD GO!

But seriously I'm happy to see that you've been working on the descriptions. That was easily my biggest complaint about older versions. :)

Keitomine

Quick question.. just to make sure this isn't a bug or anything.

Is everything that doesn't have an ability already tied to it supposed to teach Ramuh to Alchemists?

Also why does the enemy's First aid add Regen, but not my own? It says it adds Regen but it behaves like it originally does.

Eternal

The former is just a bug. It's already well known and documented. The latter... are you sure it's behaving differently for both sides? It's literally one ability.

Keitomine

Well when I did the Request: "Thesis Hunt" I noticed a soldier giving a thief Regen some how, and he also gave it to himself, making it a lot harder for me because I don't have access to regen like I should.

Eternal

Hmm. I made a few adjustments to First Aid and Nurse a while ago... First Aid should only restore HP and cure Blind, Silence, and Poison. My guess is that the Soldier used Nurse- a Chivalry skill- that heals HP and bestows Regen.

Keitomine

So, first aid doesn't add Regen? you should probably change that. I was under the impression that I was just playing against an unfair advantage.

Other than that it's a decently challenging game. Though I don't like how expensive items are, and how little money you get, and how much faster you learn skills, it kinda ruins the flow of things, causing AP to get wasted, which kinda sucks for a hack with this kind of difficulty this early on.

bcrobert

Quote from: Keitomine on August 20, 2015, 01:00:02 amThough I don't like how expensive items are, and how little money you get, and how much faster you learn skills, it kinda ruins the flow of things, causing AP to get wasted, which kinda sucks for a hack with this kind of difficulty this early on.

This reminds me of exactly my problem with FFTA2. It's always disappointing when a unit isn't learning a new skill and should be. It makes victories bittersweet.

If you want money to be a limited resource, you could edit the mission rewards so that they give out more or occasionally set equipment rewards. Just to guarantee that the player never goes wanting.

EDIT. You gave a Thesis Hunt guy AoE Regen? What the dick, man. YOU CAN'T EVEN GRIND BEFORE THE CLAN WARS. We've totally had that discussion before. >_>

Kensai

Swallowtail is messed up, becomes really powerful now.

First Aid is weak, maybe increase healing amount or add range 1?
I think magicbreak will be better if you add 50% damage to skill. It's perfect against mages.
Why you restrict doublecast only to red mage? That worked great with Elemental magick, and still limited with regen mp disabled.

Thesis Hunt - 2 thiefs with counter, 1 soldier with nurse (heal + regen) and 1 with cure + priest with cure. Are you serious?
So, red soldier cast nurse on enemy thief. Thief gets heal and regen and then counters soldier. Nice move, thief.