• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:46:50 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Atma's Sprites

Started by Atma, December 16, 2011, 11:41:31 am

Pickle Girl Fanboy

@Atma:
Why don't you use some of the sprites for the different robes (Silk Robe, Wizard Robe, Robe Of Lords,...), as a base for your Wizard's robe?  I think someone else did something similar, using a recolor of the Leather Helm. 

GeneralStrife

Yep, cheetah made a sprite using the green beret but never finished it.
Also I'm just talking about the wiz hats lijj made, they look like more than

Pickle Girl Fanboy

I think they look like a hybrid of the two, but I still like them anyways.  They're more functional.  Speaking of which, it'd be cool to have an item icon that looks like Lijj's Wizard/Rice Farmer hats.

Lijj

March 27, 2012, 04:49:39 pm #83 Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 05:33:43 pm by Lijj
lol

Edit: Yeah.. I should make some icon/item sprites sometime for fun.

Oh yeah I should post this here.. I made it a long time ago inspired by itsy-bitsy.. it's her cousin, teeny-weeny:
  • Modding version: PSX

Atma

Epic!
Now we need another person to make the yellow polka dot bikini!
They could be a band of thieves or something.  The ideas are flowing... what have you done, now I want all 3.
My name is Atma... I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.

Lijj

Quote from: Atma on March 27, 2012, 06:02:27 pm
Epic!
Now we need another person to make the yellow polka dot bikini!
They could be a band of thieves or something.  The ideas are flowing... what have you done, now I want all 3.

That would be so much fun ^^ mad charm spells would need to be involved.
3x:

Jon

Reminds me of the female Warriors up in Dragon Warrior 3 XD
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Kagebunji

Hah, that's really cute Lijj. Only suggestions I have is to change those legs on forward drames, since I can see Female Thief in those for some reason. Female Ninja all the way, if you want hot legs. On back frames it is looking awesome, but weirdly her ass seems too fat for the rather thin legs, heh(it's not an issue, jus pointed it out).
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

GeneralStrife

March 30, 2012, 04:18:14 am #89 Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 05:33:06 am by GeneralStrife
I fixed dancer haired agrias' Portrait. And I can add the portrait I'm using as my avatar if anyone wants it. Just did this for you since you're busy atma
EDIT: Just started a new game with it and singing/casting frames and an attack frame is fubar @_@. I may or may not fix it.

Jon

QuoteEDIT: Just started a new game with it and singing/casting frames and an attack frame is fubar @_@. I may or may not fix it.

Is this Agrias (exactly the same) except with a longer dress and head? There should be no messed up frames if that's the case, maybe you have the wrong Type on? Or maybe somehow the sprite sheet got shifted down or up a few pixels?
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

GeneralStrife

No, I didn't mess it up, sing/cast frames and back diagonal attack frames are bad. I noticed that after I fixed the portrait.

Atma

Been a while since I've done any work on my sprites.  Had a few days off since I've been sick.  Decided to work on the Lavian & Alicia sprites inspired of R999's design.
I pretty much just did head swaps and palette changes using Agrias as a base.  I used the Female Cadet sprite by Kagebunji for the hair of Alicia and the Monica Ausbach sprite by Zozma for Lavian's Hair.
Like most my sprites, I don't really get around to checking them out, so there may be some frames with little problems. 
Anyways, hope you like them.  I wouldn't mind making them a bit more refined, or maybe even have capes... but for now they're done.

3lric

Joseph Strife

Good work, i like Lavian better than Alicia, her hair looks really beautiful, but great work Atma :)
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

GeneralStrife

Excellent work atmo bro, good to see you back. I might put the  redone agrias chest on these for myself

Atma

Thanks!
I was glad to get them done, then I realized it might be an issue overwriting the sprites of them.  I'd like to use them on my PSP patch, but I know there are cut scenes that they're involved with and I'm not sure if it's gonna cause a problem.  Then it made me wonder about Rad and Gafgarion.  Really hope it's not gonna be a problem.

GeneralStrife

Quote from: Atma on December 10, 2012, 02:25:21 am
Thanks!
I was glad to get them done, then I realized it might be an issue overwriting the sprites of them.  I'd like to use them on my PSP patch, but I know there are cut scenes that they're involved with and I'm not sure if it's gonna cause a problem.  Then it made me wonder about Rad and Gafgarion.  Really hope it's not gonna be a problem.

There's a way to change the event sprites too but I forgot. It's been a long time since I hacked the game. I'd love for someone to tell, I need a refresher anyways

Atma

I'm back.  Been wanting to try out my idea for the Wizards and here's what I've got so far.  I'm actually really happy with the results.  I'm using the Calculator for the collar and arms, the Mediator for the coat tails and of course the Wizards hat and face.  A few frames of the hat were too tall after I raised them all by 2 pixels so I just dropped the point a bit.  The overall look is intended to be more like the older versions of the Black Mages in FF history.  I just find the Wizards look too stumpy and their robes look a bit too much like ponchos.

Lijj

That's pretty epic Atma. Good to see a new black mage coming about. Better than mine.